Heavy/Scratch: Deluxe Repugnus

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by autobotsrollout, May 15, 2018.

1. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

OK .......so here is 3 months in the making Deluxe Repugnus. First , I decided to use a titans return Grotusque for the body. Next, for the head I took the titan master repugnus head and made a mold and drowned it in silicon solvent for 14 days to let it enlarge... I know you are thinking...hey..those arent the thin and tiny mandibles on that titan master monster head.... well...unfortunately the mandibles kept breaking pulling heads out of molds so I just used some epoxy putty . It looks a little more like horns than mandibles but I like the look so I'll stick with it. The next step, I cut off the grotusque monster head and with epoxy, I put a ball joint in its place. It alone didnt look right.... the monster head was sticking too far in front of the body so I took the snake head from beast wars Quickstrike..and used one of its neck/arm joints and it works well.

The chest offers options... simple repaint?? nah... .. build it from epoxy?? not complicated enough lol... I used a rotary tool to cut the chest down and to make it flush and filled in the open areas it left open with epoxy... Next , I stuck in some strong tiny round magnets and then put some more epoxy over that and sanded it down. I then built the two chest pieces out of sheets of styrene ....it took 4 sheets/pieces to make the same depth as the magnets and then two really thin pieces to cover it... . I wanted to make it where you could get the red chest for bot mode and yellow for monster mode and loose pieces with magnets was the best I could think of. It works well but I found out the hard way its best to put either enough layers of clear coat on it or stickers.... for some reason the red side is fine but the yellow side was losing paint when it was magnetized to the body so thats why both sides have autobot stickers on it. With the Nature of magnets.. you cant just put one in the chest piece and flip it over because it would be polar opposites and repel each other... so you have to use two in the chest piece .

Finally I saved the simple part for last... the monster hands.... I took the weapon tri blade from POTP prime master Liege Maximo / skullgrin and cut it into 3 separate blades... then took Grotusque's monster hands and cut off the fingers....and cut out a groove where I could slide the blade into it and used epoxy to seal it in there the best I could . I'm still not that good at customizing so I would love to see a good customizer take this idea and knock it out of the park...

Edit....... forgot to mention that I just cut off the tail pieces... Repugnus doesnt need no stinking tail.... and it makes the robot mode legs look better not having tail kibble on the side.

thumbnail_IMG_1521.jpg thumbnail_IMG_1519.jpg thumbnail_IMG_1522.jpg thumbnail_IMG_1520.jpg thumbnail_IMG_1523.jpg

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 16
  2. G2 Superion is fabulous

G2 Superion is fabulous Your standard gay teenager

The garbage can behind your local Applebees.
    This is really good! bravo!

• Like Like x 1
  3. dragonflye18

dragonflye18 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    impressive dude b5f.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. King Glurch

King Glurch The Frenchiest Fry

YouTube:
    That’s really cool!

• Like Like x 1
  5. autobotsrollout

Im not bragging here......... but Hasbro's deluxe coming up should just take my figure and reproduce it......not because my figure is good or anything....but because Hasbro will eff up and be just that bad... lol But i'm hoping their figure will be good like the twinferno and grotusque figures so I can transform it and mess around with it and just keep my creation for show on the shelf...

6. King Glurch

King Glurch The Frenchiest Fry

YouTube:
    Yeah, but they would probably slightly change it though so it doesn’t have magnets. I just want the official one to be from the Twinferno/Grotusque mold.

• Like Like x 2
  7. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    What is this enlargement process of which you speak?

8. autobotsrollout

If you google "enlarging a mold" one of the first links is a smooth on one.... But you basically make a mold.... then put it in a container and fill that container with NOVOCS silicon solvent liquid covering it completely and enough to be covering it for when it gets twice its size. It takes a week in that bath to get around 75% larger... and I left it in for 12 days and it got a little over double the original size

You then get the mold out and dry it off with a towel and make a casting quickly as you can because the solvent evaporates over time.... so using a quick cast agent like fast cat 30 is recommended. that silicon mold will be useless because it will shrink back down while the solvent evaporates but with the new casting... you just make a silicon mold with that again if you desire a mold to make more that is.

I hope I explained it and didnt confuse you too much.

• Like Like x 1