Customs: Deluxe Prime leg mod...

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by SPLIT LIP, Sep 14, 2006.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Can any of you kind folk supply me with the means to swap out the upper legs on the deluxe Cyb/armada Prime mould? Or provide a link to a source? Thanks

2. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    It's been a while since I took a deluxe Prime apart, but I think you just need to pop the legs off of the hips, then unscrew and separate the lower legs. The upper legs are attached to a separate piece from the rest of the leg, so you'd just need to rotate the upper leg so the back is now the front and switch the two parts (upper left leg is now upper right) and put the legs back together.

(I'd post pics if I had them, or if my deluxe Prime figures were here at school with me)

Or you can use other means to get rid of the details that restrict movement, like with a dremel tool, but I've never used one so I can't explain that.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I want to use a dremel but the legs are held together by four pins. Or did you mean dismantel the lower legs?

4. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Pins? I don't remember any pins holding the leg together. Unless that's holding the knee joint together. That doesn't need to be taken apart.

The lower leg (where the wheels are attached, of course) is all that needs to be taken apart. Then the knees and upper legs can be swapped, then rotate the upper legs 180 degrees.

If you want to use a dremel tool, you just need to get rid of the circular things on his upper legs. But as I said in my last post I never tried it.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Thank ya!