Deluxe movie toys no longer available?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by megaxz01, Jul 30, 2007.

1. megaxz01

megaxz01 Transformer up and comer

News Credits:
    Ok so I've been to two Targets in my area the past two days, and these guys are usually really good at stocking Deluxe movie toys. Anyhow one Target completely took away pegs for for the Deluxe figures. The other Target was only stocking Voyagers today, and didn't have a single Deluxe in the back...

So what gives? I also stopped by a Toys R Us, and they got rid of their Transformers display in the front, and where they are now, no Deluxes.

I ask because I would like to get Payload, and Long Arm, but I'm afraid I never will, as it looks like the Deluxes are going the way of the dinosaur.

Thanks for any info.

-X-

2. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

It's just in high demand now and out of stock b/c of the movie

3. megaxz01

megaxz01 Transformer up and comer

News Credits:
    Well like I said, what worries me is that Target totally dropped any place to put Deluxes, and Leaders as well.

-X-

4. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

same here in portugal. A week before the movie they had a crapload of deluxes. helmets, voyagers, Unleahesd BB, FABS and other stuff. Today i stoped by and only a couple of stuff war there.

5. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    Don't worry. It's typical pre-transition procedure. Fill the empty spots down the aisles to look full until the aisles reset. The spot for deluxes will be back in a week or so.

6. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

Part of the problem are the case assortments. Deluxe waves 2 and 3 both contain Scorponok, who is the resident pegwarmer around here. The local TRU stores haven't brought in any deluxes beyond wave 1 presumably since they still have loads of Scorponoks, Jazzs, and Wreckages. I would expect most stores to compensate by bringing in lots of wave 4, which has no pegwarmers (except maybe Final Battle Jazz) and lots of popular characters (Bumblebee, Barricade, Brawl, Arcee) and new characters (Payload, Longarm).

7. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Walmarts and Targets here stock deluxes and are sold out within a day. There are no shelfwarming deluxes or FABs - the shelves are completely cleaned out.

I can't help but think that nobody - Hasbro or retailer purchasing agents - had any idea just how successful these guys were going to be.

It's definitely inconvenient to not be able to find the figs you want when you want them, but they'll come eventually.

8. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There sold out most of there I got, well besides Jazz and Wreckage.

9. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    I talked to my WM toy manager Friday. She said she just can't get 'em. She's been ordering cases on top of cases, and not getting maybe 1-2 per order, and ususally they're gone PDQ. Like stated earlier, we just have a LOT more people to compete with when buying now. It's a double edged sword, we finally get enough purchasing to keep the line running well into the future, but it also makes it harder on the collectors. I was a my nephew's birthday party Saturday, and he even got TFs, and this is a family that shows absolutely NO interest in TFs. Happy hunting.

10. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, I keep track of my Target's back stock through their little scanner do-ja-ma-hickies and every time that a case comes in, it goes away without ever seeming to hit the pegs.

11. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I don't feel so down now that everybody has problems getting their tf fixes.

12. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    And to think...there were people complaining about how abundant everything was, saying it was "ruining" the hunt.

XD

13. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    Same here. The local walmart has some helmets, a couple prime/starscream blasters, and some realgears. No deluxes, no voyagers, no leaders, no fabs. Lots of bare space. It's going on 5 days like this.

14. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Someone said that? :throw 

One of the walmarts here's just has some FAB's and garbage like those nerf guns left. All of the deluxes, voyagers, legends, real gear, leaders, gone. And they've had the stuff on order, they just aren't getting any in stock.

Based on that thread about how much stores were expecting to make, and how they went way over that, seems to me that Hasbro may just be out of stock, or in very short supply. It's a retailers nightmare, an item that flies off the shelves on it's own, yet you can't keep any in stock to sell.

That said, I'm not worried that Hasbro is going to somehow discontinue the stuff to never sell it again(that'd just be plain dumb), and they'll have plenty on the shelves everywhere for the christmas season.

But I do wonder if we'll have another power rangers christmas on our hands. Soccermoms getting into fistfights in the stockrooms of stores over the figures. I think it was the first year mmpr came out that happened? I just remember the news reports of actual fights breaking out, and seeing the shoving matches in the store myself, funny stuff (and I will throw down over tf if I have to :stick:  )

15. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    There was a whole thread about it. About how the movie line is in such huge supply that it takes away all the "fun" of walking into a store, hoping they have what you want....only to be horribly disappointed that you have to drive another however many miles to another store to find the same damn stock as the last store, lather, rinse, repeat.

I still don't see how anyone could've missed doing that...

16. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have checked a ton of stores in the Seattle area recently and talked to employees. They have not, at any point, put out the wave with '08 BB, Voyager Megs, or any Robot Replica. Only one place I know of had that plane drone. The Tragets I went to are embarrassingly empty, which is funny, because back when I worked at retail, if a district manager ever saw the empty state these shelves were in, they'd have that store manager written up for store negligence.

17. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Yep, was the first year. My little brother got the Megazord set... someone offered my mom $100 so they could buy it. Wow.

18. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This never happened with the SW prequels, over abundance of everything to satisfy demand. After ep. 1 most stores were filled with a glut of product that wouldnt move. Ep. 2 & 3 not as bad. But NOTHING in recent memory even remotely compares to how hot TFM toys have become. Hasbro probably anticipated a SW like demand for toys, instead it has become reminiscent of the early days ('84-'85) of G1 when you couldnt find anything for miles.

19. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Stores here seem to have them but ones like Barricade disappeared a looong time ago. Though for some reason 78 BB has showed up again around were I am.

20. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

They're just selling like hot cakes. They did a restock last Saturday, and today the shelves are bare.