Customs: Deluxe G2 Megatron makes a nice Gestalt arm mode...

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by CodeXCDM, Jul 21, 2012.

1. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So yesterday I picked up the "Ultimate Battle" 2pack with the Deluxe wanna-be MP Optimus and the G2 Megatron... I'm iffy on the Prime, but I dig the Megatron figure...

Anyway... I was going from tank mode to bot mode and midway I noticed... he makes a rather nifty arm mode. I'm sure other folks probably noticed... but proportionately, he's about on par with Vortex beefed up with the FP Brut hand attachment...

[​IMG]

I managed to set his arm on top of the shoulder block where Vortex normally attaches to... looks pretty good minus the "claw" hand. Gotta say the tank turret mounted up by the shoulder is what makes me dig this sooo much!

[​IMG]

With a bit of fiddling, I was able to fit the TFC "Ghost of Screamer" Shockwave gun on it...

[​IMG]

And here's one last pic for good measure... all guns pointed at the rather subpar Deluxe Prime figure.

[​IMG]

Note... the pictures are deceptive when it comes to the arm's stability. It can fall off rather easily since it's really just sitting on top of the shoulder block with the panels extended and loosely fitting on the tank's underside. Adding two tabs where the blocks normally peg in to would make it faaaaaar more stable.

Now... I'm not much of a kitbasher... (I love browsing Radicons, but haven't really dabbled in it just yet)

But it looks like modifying Meg's chest to either have an Energon port stored inside would allow for a lot more clearance for the shoulder turret, and the arm even.

Even moreso, if the chest area stored an Energon port... it'd make a solid Leg mode. He's a bit taller than Brawl with the FP foot though...

[​IMG]

And let's pretend Bruticus is using Megatron as a foot... and not that he's deceptively posed right in front of Brawl... >_>

[​IMG]

Figured I'd throw the idea out there for someone that digs the Energon Scaled Gestalts like I do.

Attached Files:

2. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Love the foot pose!

Some cool display ideas you have here.

That picture with Optimus looks like he fell victim to an ultimate decepticon combination attack. I can picture a 2 minute anime style combination sequence already.

3. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that doesn't look half bad, actually.

4. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Holy shit dude, that's awesome. He even retains the turret in arm mode haha.

+rep

5. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

The Turret in arm mode alone deserves it's own combiner team.

I know some would be up in arms (pun not intended) for this, but what if Ruination was a more badass military combiner, and not just a Bruticus recolor? Same concept, but even more deadly. Or a combiner with a bunch of different types of tanks?

You stumbled upon a great concept here, and I hope someone picks up the idea.

Randy!

6. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Glad folks here think it's neat...

Here's a few shots more of G2 Megatron as a foot... and I noticed that you can sorta fit the FP Hands onto Brawl in this alternate Arm mode for him. If someone made a Shapeways project for a better armguard that pegs onto both Brawl's hands... this would be a *great* arm mode with a good amount of articulation (and of course, the two guns jutting out from the sides of his arm.

Check it out:

The alt transformation for Brawl's arm... it's one of two alternate arm configurations that have been floating around TFW for quite some time actually... This one's the better one for sure, as he gets the same range of motion as Vortex or FP's Blast Off figures do in Arm Mode.
    [​IMG]

Now with the arm pieces... you actually keep them separate, like when they're in that missile launcher weapon mode the bots can carry... it's not noticeable in these shots, but there's quite a bit of gappage... which is why it'd be great if a Radicon designs a shapeways item to form a new arm cover for Brawl's hands.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd hope someone does too... If I had access to more G2 Megatrons and Combaticons... I'd try cutting them up myself.

Looking at this now... Minus Onslaught... there's two solid arm and leg configurations for G2 Meg and Brawl. Just enough to make it like in Energon... but mostly Tanks. Now if only the Iron Army Bots were Deluxe and not Scout sized... you could have a unique ALL-Tank gestalt team.

Ooooo... Thedreaded1's shapeways stuff! It had energon/pcc converters... O_O

Attached Files: