Minor/Repaint: Deluxe G1 Mirage w/ Alternators color scheme WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Shepard Prime, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

Okay, so I really love Alternators Mirage and def. the color scheme and would love him in a deluxe size to go with my other bots. If Hasbro would release a more articulated version of his bulky G1 Mirage self, I'd take that one. But the current racecar releases of him is..I don't know, something I'm not exactly happy with. Too thin? Something. Anyways.

So I took RTS Tracks and repainted him dark blue with the white stripes down the middle of the car like Mirage's alternators color scheme is and recolored TRacks' head to be more like that. I also did the shoulder wheels like G1 Mirage's where it's on the side of his arm instead of in front where Tracks' wheels naturally go.

This one isn't as much fun as doing the Smokescreen repaint as there isn't much to do to it comparitively. All there really is to do is color the robot bits and straighten out the stripes in car mode and match the scheme as close as possible to the Alternators scheme. Also trying to figure out how to get a shoulder missle on him like G1 Mirage has. I also need to better balance the color because in some places it's too dark, almost black.

Also, it seems the RTS autobot sign is slightly off-center. Should I paint over it completely and put a new sign on or leave it where it is?

Here's what I'm aiming for.

[​IMG]

Here's what I'm working with:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here's what I have so far:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

From what I can see the concept if awsome, but it looks like you need to clean up the stripes a bit. And then get better pics. :thumbs2: 

3. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    That's great.:) 

4. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

More pics on the way for sure. My digital camera's viewscreen is kaput so I'm taking the pictures by line of sight and hoping for the best.

Thanx!

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

This looks better than I would have expected. I would suggest cutting and sanding down the "points" on the head, to get a more traditional "Mirage" shape to it. Right now it feels too close to Tracks.

zmog

6. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

Yeah, I'm not exactly happy with the horns either because Mirage's head is more rounded off at the top and doesn't have points. I originally wanted to use this head for my Smokescreen repaint and replace it with an actual Mirage head but the dang thing wouldn't give. I unscrewed the back screw and then tried to split it into it's two parts but for some reason, it just wouldn't split. That's how I usually get my heads off the body.

If there's a different way to remove the heads, please feel free to give a shout out.