Deluxe DOTM Prime trailer....a storage area for discarted TFprime weapons

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by zoso1900, Jun 18, 2012.

1. zoso1900

zoso1900 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I finally figured out why Hasbro released the DOTM Prime with the trailer. That being that Hasbro knew people would need a place to put the crappy weapons that they discard from the Voyager Prime figures. You can easily peg three weapons in to the bottom of the trailer (Bulkhead, Prime and Starscream) with the possibility of more being pegged in other locations as they are released.

Attached Files:

2. Ultra BuckNutz

Ultra BuckNutz Sharkticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I saved $30, didn't buy the trailer, and found an even better place for the crappy Prime weapons... the garbage.

3. bossprime

bossprime wrecker

Wasn't this advertised on the box?

4. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

LOL... so true. Although I tend to hang onto some of the better weapons as you never know when you'll have an epiphany as to a better use for said toy. Now I'm not much for customizing but sometimes you'll find a figure that goes better with a particular weapon than its intended toy. Otherwise I agree... the basura works just fine as a place to discard.

5. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Bulkhead's wrecking ball can be removed from that plastic paper weight and be held in his hand.

6. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:

You know, I usually laugh at these posts too (ones where people say they throw shit out), but then a couple of things come to mind. The first of course is the impending keyboard rage (be it silent) from "completists" & the like, and the other is me questioning how serious people are about actually tossing parts into the garbage that they'd payed for.

Like, I'm not trying to dump on anyone here, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Heck, one of the 1st things I do whenever I get a new toy is try a bunch of weapons from my parts box on it & vice verca (like, take it weapons & try em on other figures), and then there's the odd time when I actually wanna display something with a part that I'd previously never thought I'd like. Plus, even if there's something you totally hate & never wanna see again, there's always gonna be board members who feel differently, sometimes because theirs got lost/broken/stolen, or even because they want it for a custom or to double wield. In this case, you might as well post in the junk pit areas or make a sales thread listing em for a buck or 2 + shipping because it follows pretty well in the whole "one nerd's trash is another nerd's treasure" sayings that rarely fail at being true.

7. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instead of tossing Prime or SS weapon, why not mod it?

As for Bulky's, the fact that the light gimmick works really well (arms AND chest) keeps me from modding it. At this point, I kinda want a second, so if anyone is planning on just throwing theirs away, I'll gladly pay shipping to take it off your hands.

8. spinister

spinister Banned

throw that shit in the recycle bin...Not the Garbage!

9. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know if I could ever throw away any piece of any transformer I have. worst case, I would sell it, but for now it just goes into the tackle box I have for all my guns...