Deluxe Classics on Clearence at Walmart

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bennydeckersac, Feb 14, 2007.

1. bennydeckersac

bennydeckersac Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I assume this is a local thing, but the Walmart in Brockport, NY has deluxe Classics on clearence for $5. The classic pegs were empty, with the figures placed in the clearence aisle. The best part, the Cybertron deluxe figures were still out at full price. Most likely a mistake... that I took advantage of.

2. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Hopefully not local nor mistake...I'll be checking my Wal-mart tonight...still need Cliffjumper...

Wasn't there suppose to be two packs coming out for classics...like the Bumble Bee/Astrotrain pack we seen previewed awhile back...?

3. bennydeckersac

News Credits:
    It was only Wave 1, about 10 of each of the four figures, but good luck anyway.

4. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Definitely not on clearance around here. I paid $10 a pop for Ramjet and Cliffy today.

5. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

I'd perhaps get one for 5 dollars. I hope this is a trend.

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I hope my Walmarts puts wave 1 on sale soon...I still need to get 5 more Starscreams and 4 more Ramjets for kitbashes....

7. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I'd get another starscream to make a Thundercracker. And I never got Rodimus because I don't like his character. But for 5 bucks I would probably go ahead and buy it so I have a full set.

8. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Hot Rod is the only one I haven't been able to find...I have Bumblebee, Starscream, and Mirage so far...I've been looking for Rodimus (Hot Rod as I usually refer to him as), and Skyfire all over the place. I want Ramjet and the Ultra Magnus/Skywarp two pack as well (The Target near my house had an abundance of)....I dunno about cliffjumper..as I am never tried customizing a figure myself, and I have no interest in the toy because they didn't retool the head to at least look like Cliffjumper. It pisses me off, the only classics figures my local stores ever have is tons of bumblebees, Starscreams, Astrotrains, and very rarely...Mirage.

9. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

Im just grateful to find a grimlock and a mirage finally, stores are slow around my area to get anything new.

10. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    As of now, Rodimus is the only deluxe I dont have. I dont dislike him, but I have limited funds and I wasnt able to up him as a priority. I'd love to find him for $5 but I doubt my area is clearancing anything

11. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

i have yet to see a classics one at any of my local stores.... doubt they will be on sale when i do

12. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dammit, when I hear stuff like this, I kinda regret being a BBTS-only guy. But it's just so much more convenient.

13. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I might actually buy Astrotrain at that price.

14. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

so everyone is poosting bout what they wanta buy and so on and so forth. Anyone actually proof this clearance to be true, since like the thread starter said "it might be a local thing". = P

15. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    haven't noticed any clearancing at Wal MArts near me (Ohio)

I have a feeling that's a per-store clearance, for locations that didn't do well selling out the mass of wave 1 stuff that came out around Xmastime.

16. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

He's worth full price, IMO. That fig, unfortunately, seems to get a lot of undeserved flak. But you can't beat $5, for sure.

17. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

that is exactly what im thinking, i juts ddidnt wanta put anyones hopes down

18. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I've got 5 Starscreams, but would like to pick up a few more. Obsessed I tell you! I want to make a Thundercracker out of atleast one. Right now there is one on the Classics shelf, one MOSC, one on the Starscream shelf (bot mode) and two on the Starscream shelf done in reprolabels (one in each mode) I think I need atleast two more Classics screams, maybe 3, could use one in jet mode for the SS shelf and make two Thundercrackers one in each mode, which would mean I'd need a third Skywarp/Magnus pack, ugh it never ends. I've got to draw the line!

19. bennydeckersac

News Credits:
    If anyone wants proof, I scanned the receipt... but I have no idea how to post it...

20. SunDown

SunDown Fatty McFatFat

in response to the OP, might be a local thing but I can tell you that walmarts all over the midwest are setting up clearance isles and most are over stocked. What I have seen in the clearance isles at 7 diffrent walmarts this week from Grand Island NE east to Des Moines is mostly cybertron and a couple of armada toys. I saw soundwave cyber for $15, lots of quickmixes, a few optimus prime cybers, dark something or another, cyro scourge $15, I dont know lots of other cybers too, but no classics.
    There is only 1 of the 7 walmart stores I have been to this week that have had the 20th aniv prime and its still $50.00...I'm waiting until I can find one for 20 or 25. I have two more walmarts to visit tomorrow on my way home so hopefully I can find some classics or the 20th on sale.