Deluxe Classics on Clearence at Walmart again...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bennydeckersac, Apr 14, 2007.

1. bennydeckersac

bennydeckersac Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I posted a while back about a local Walmart (Brockport, NY) putting their deluxe Classics on clearence for $5. It turned out that they were moving from a regular store to a supercenter, and once the supercenter opened, classics went back to $10. Today, at a different Walmart (in Albion, NY), I found Mirage, Cliffjumper and Ramjet on clearence for $3 each. The best part: there were Cybertron deluxe figures in the aisle at regular price...

2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i'm confused, why is the cybertron deluxes being at regular price the best part?
    and yea most stores end up selling old products at clearence in spring. they can't be keeping them forever after all...

3. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Not to speak for benny, but I don't think he meant "best" as in "great" or "outstanding". Methinks irony and/or amusement was his intention.

4. Dolza_Khyron

yea i realize that part, but why is that an irony?

5. bennydeckersac

News Credits:
    Exactly. It is obvious that a store puts old product on clearence to get rid of it, but in this case they put the new product on clearence and left the older product at the regular retail price. I thought it was amussing that the store would do that, hence saying it was the "best" part of my story.

Thanks for the backup Voiceroy.

6. Dolza_Khyron

i see, but cybertron is probably selling better, at least i am still buying cybertron. i already have all of classics after all, except the exclusives.

it's such a small line. that it's easy for any one to grab them all. so it does not surprise me that cybertron is still out selling classics. after all the majority of cybertron, is just as good, or better then classics. especially in quality. and looks.

classics is just not selling that well, after all due to the lack of a show to go behind it.

transformers NEEDS a show to sell the toys. with Power rangers having their show, and transformers NOT having one for classics, natually more kids will buy the power ranger stuff.

it's not irony, it's just economics.

7. bennydeckersac

News Credits:
    I was just thinking of Classics vs Cybertron in terms of release date. I thought it was not logical to put a newer item on clearence when a comparable older item remains at regular price, but I see your point. For the record, I never said it was ironic (although I suppose that I might have implied it).

Do TF really need a show to sell toys? It seemed like Cybertron was hardly ever on TV, but that is coming from someone who did not avidly seek it out. Wasn't it on at 6am or something?

In my area, Classics seem to have sold very well. There were only four classics figures on clearence, but I suppose that any on clearence might indicate that the line was not competely successful.

8. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Heck I was at a local WM tonight and they have actualy restocked Cybertron since I was there last. First time in months I have seen a Clocker in store.

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I don't see cybertron selling in my area at all anymore...they all have about a foot of dust ontop of the boxes! And classics, at 1st, flew off the shelves. I myself have been waiting for the MASS Of leftover cybertron to go on clearance to pick up a few deluxes i wanted but Im not paying full price now for them. That would be silly.

10. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits: