Heavy/Scratch: Deluxe Classics Megatron (He's a gun!)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by onesock, Mar 21, 2008.

1. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So yeah. The Classics line got shafted in the Megatron department. The voyager, besides being NERF colored, is way out of scale. We did get a deluxe Megatron, but he was a tank! So I wanted a Deluxe Megatron that turned into a gun. So I got out the apoxie, styrene, paint, and got to work.

Now, I know he's not perfect, but I think I've made a passable deluxe Classics Megatron.

Full body (The flash makes the chest look like you can see the brush strokes, but trust me, you can't.)

[​IMG]

Scope!

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb215/unosock/Kitbashes/100_4166.jpg

Gun mode

[​IMG]

About the size of a small pistol.

[​IMG]

Loyal minion!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

Interesting use of the Classics Deluxe Megs. The ALT mode looks a bit more like Shockwave, which is what I am planning w/ my Hasbro release Classics Megatron (once I get the new Takara model shipped).

However, I like the Voyager class Megatron, I like his superior size. I don't even mind the colors...they are a nice reversal to Galvitron's colors (and I like purple!). I have always had issues with the wings though...atleast they explain his ability to fly.

3. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Well I can say that its a not the best looking, but its your design and well thats good enough for me.

4. cuters

cuters Diabolist

cool bash been working on one myself using the same megs and the rolvotec megs.

5. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

That is a great design. Very cool, bro.

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Considering this is your first "major" kitbash project, I think you did a good job. If I were you, I'd get my hands on a panel-scribe. Its with the other tools at the hobby shop, and looks like a pen. You can scratch nice panel lines and other details in to break up those really large flat and plain areas you've created.

7. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    That's awesome, Onesock! :thumb 

8. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Well designed, and I like the mini-pistol mode. Like Kalron, personally I like the large size of the Voyager Megatron; it puts him at a good size compared to the rest of his troops, and to Prime. But if you prefer him a tad smaller, this work very well. I think the only thing is that it looks like a little tidying up may be in order, just to make sure everything lines up properly in alt mode (the barrel and handle look a littlle mis-aligned around the edges), and maybe fill up some of the gaps where you've attached flat sheets to the base bot. And as Redline said, a little extra detailing would eb cool, to break up the new large flat areas. Scribing panel lines and vents is a good way to do this, as well as adding some smaller raised details with stytrene sheet.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It would of been Nice to see a WIP Step by step so we can all make one.

I'd buy that the moment you sell that,

10. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    I like great for a pretty intense kitbash. Oh and Robot Heroes Soundwave's head on that Ti SW is just hilarious with his eyes the way they are :D 

11. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    It's a good proof of concept. I hope you decide to try it again. I have no doubts you'll get better at it and it will be a spectacular kitbash.