Deluxe Class Hound - War for Cybertron: Siege

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by theestampede, Nov 9, 2018.

1. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    almost. I give Universe version the feet, the shape of the brush bar, and a far superior alt mode, but Siege has WAAAAY better arms and color, better head sculpt, an OK-if-bland alt mode, better weapons. His chest is a bit boxy, (which is fairly G1 accurate). So yeah, i mostly agree with you. :p  I really like the way they did Uni2.0s feet and legs though.

• Like Like x 2
  2. artiepants

News Credits:
    wasn't he seen somewhere (instruction sheet?) with CDF Hot Shot's head? I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

• Like Like x 1
  3. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    See NYCC 2018 - Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Official Images and Deluxe Red Alert Revealed - Transformers News - TFW2005

4. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    My biggest issue with Universe 2.0 Hound was how hard it was to attach his shoulder missile launcher.

• Like Like x 3
  5. lambi

lambi Well-Known Member

Hey, you're like me, in terms of having great taste! High five!

• Like Like x 1
  6. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

7. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky" (She/They)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, it's on the boxart:
    siege hound boxart.jpg cybertron defense hot shot.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  8. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was mostly talking about the colors. I just think this one looks like an actual, rugged military style character and vehicle where is I don't get that from Universe 2.0, which was really going for the G1 aesthetic.

9. artiepants

News Credits:
    Totally agree. The colors are huge... Uni 2.0s green was way to light... I think the Henkei version was more on point.

• Like Like x 3
  10. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    Damn!! :eek:  Pleasebereal, pleasebereal, pleasebereal... lol
    If they make (including the Ultra Magnus remold) a bunch of Cybertron tribute figures out of these guys I will be so stoked!! :D 
    Maybe we'll get CDF Red Alert out of Ironhide instead of Ratchet, or something like that?

11. TimToyGeek

TimToyGeek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So after getting Hound and playing with him, I think he's great. Not the biggest in either mode, but solid and well made, with lots of optional joints that make it feel premium, and a ton of paint and decoration that make him feel more elaborate. Love all the connection points and the ability to mount more weapons and accessories.

It makes me wonder a little - could there be a future combiner involving this mode? It's not obvious, but there are plenty of connection points to turn him into a leg at least. All of those connection points remind me of the first two releases of ToyWorld's Throttlebots - nobody really knew back then they were meant to be combiners, and the combination parts were all in one kit rather than built into the limbs.

It might be fun to consider that the deluxes at least may be part of some combiner done with either a future kit - those partformers like Cog or Brunt seem to be a good platform to put together some combining parts into an assemble-bot sold separate - or something third party if not from Hasbro.

Maybe I'm just imagining things, but Hound would lend himself nicely to a Swindle or Roadbuster repaint/remold, and I could see a Wreckers team combiner or Combaticons team where this mold is a leg - he's certainly got the shape and solidity for it.

Even if that's not the case, Hound's a great toy on his own, and well worth owning.

I was also a little frustrated with the lack of clearance in the head, particularly due to the panel behind the head. I discovered it is jointed, and clicks back a bit to allow more clearance for the head to be posed.

Tim
    "toy geek"

• Like Like x 1
  12. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    The sad thing about this is that we already know all the deluxes released at mass retail, and Hot Shot isn’t amongst them. So unless he’s an exclusive, I don’t know if we’ll get him. :( 

13. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    - The detail is incredible!
    - No arm issue with mine
    - Amazing detailing and paint
    - Awkward but inventive Transformation

MVIMG_20181116_195406.jpg MVIMG_20181116_195341.jpg MVIMG_20181116_195247.jpg

Like a Gijoe vehicle

• Like Like x 12
  14. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    Yeah, you hit it right on the head. These feel a lot like the Titan Returns line in terms of play pattern and engineering. Hound seems to share Kup’s leg transformation; and the interconnected play pattern of weapon swapping/building is far more engaging than Combiner Wars or Power of the Primes. I really hope the team that led SIEGE will carry out the rest of the trilogy.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  15. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do we know them all? I thought we only knew what was in the first three waves, or are they not doing five waves for Siege?

16. artiepants

News Credits:
    Yeah, Seige is 4 waves over 12 months and pretty much all the releases have been Sussed out between official announcements and retailer computer listings...there’s a list floating around either the News and Rumor or Toys forums.

17. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's the weekend:

MVIMG_20181118_104400.jpg MVIMG_20181118_111623.jpg MVIMG_20181118_112005.jpg MVIMG_20181118_112223.jpg MVIMG_20181118_112414.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  18. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I find myself wanting Hound more than I thought I would. I love the Universe version, but this one just has a chunkiness and design that look like loads of fun.

Question: How would it look with the feet flipped up partially in alt mode? Would it fill in the side windows a bit or look out of place?

19. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Ive had this guy for about a week and the thought just occured to me, what if this was the Hound design they would have used for the new Leader vote thing they did where primal got picked. Like maybe this Hound was originally intended to have a trailer/armor upgrades hence why theres a huge abundance of peg holes in all the necessary places: sides of the shoulders, bottom of the feet, forearms, front of the shins, middle of his back, and on top of each shoulder. I wonder...

Otherwise i love him. He blows the original universe one out of the water for me with his much more balanced proportions and way less awkward feet design.

• Like Like x 1