Delivery Confirmation Dispute on eBay

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Ejack37, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Ejack37

Ejack37 Robot in Disguise

News Credits:
    So...not sure if this is the right section but I wanted to get some advice on how to handle a situation. I sold an item on eBay and shipped out the item over a month ago. Today, I got an email from the buyer telling me that he did not receive the item and wants me to respond and provide him with the toy or he is going to report me to eBay.

For my protection I always get delivery confirmation on all my items, I was able to produce a tracking number to the buyer and I checked the USPS site and the item is showing delivered. This is the first time this issue has come up for me. Has anyone had to deal with this that might be able to give me advice on how to handle? thanks!

2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Then you should be safe. Let him file a Paypal dispute if that's what he wants, but the minute you provide the tracking number he should be proven wrong.

3. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Also, I have started doing this: get signature confirmation, that makes them sign their name and print their address. Really a fail safe if there ever needs to be one. And on really expensive items I go return receipt also.

4. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

Just wait for them to open a dispute, and then enter your tracking numbers through the dispute.

Delivery confirmation covers items < $250.
    Signature confirmation covers items >$250.

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    That's weird that anyone would try any scam with the DC sticker right there on the package.

6. DrBifford

DrBifford Well-Known Member

I had a guy try that. He emailed me asking when the item would be delivered and when I checked the delivery confirmation number, it was delivered a few days before his email. I called ebay and they said that since I had the DC number, there would not be any dispute against me, they had me covered. I have since emailed him and asked if he ever found the package but he has not returned my emails, so it was a scam all along. But I did have insurance for the item as it was over 900.00. I think my guy was just trying to get it for free.

7. Ejack37

News Credits:
    Thanks for the advice!

8. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    just goto the paypal transaction...and click edit details...and there should be a link to add tracking info...then it is done...let him try a dispute...paypal will have the tracking at their finger tips.

a tip is to get into the habit of doing this after each package ships...i do this ...that way someone can track their progress of the item...and it keeps the stupid ones from trying to get too brave and try to run a con...

9. Ejack37

News Credits:
    So I got this message this morning for the buyer.

"I am sorry. I found the item on the ground this morning. Apparently the mail man delivered it and it was to big for the mail box. Luckily through all the bad weather we had here in arkansas. The toy was not damaged at all. Sorry for the inconvenice. thanks I love the toy and my son was happy to get it for his collection. thanks again"

The mail man conveniently dropped off his package one month later. Uh huh.

10. keebs

keebs 32 Oh-Zee Killah

Must have got stuck at customs in Arkansas

11. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...but what happens when you ship an item w/ delivery confirmation and the post office loses your package. I sold an item not too long ago and the DC# never was updated after the package hit a NY post office. A claim was filed against me. I just refunded the guys money. I could have waited, but it seems now days that eBay is always behind the buyer and the sellers are constantly screwed when things go wrong.

12. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    @ Flywheels: Wouldn't that be grounds for USPS insurance to take over if applicable? I mean, there's proof that you sent it, but no proof that it was delivered to the destination address, so one would assume that situations like that would be rather clean cases to claim whatever your thing was insured for once a certain amount of time had passed.

If not, then when does someone on your end qualify to collect?