Delicate Warrior vs. Warbot Defender

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by DPrime, Mar 4, 2012.

?

Which one?

1. Delicate Warrior (Arcee)

33 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. Warbot Defender (Springer)

89 vote(s)
    73.0%
  1. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Been looking at these two figures for a while, but other priorities had to be taken care of first.

I'd like to get both eventually - I think - but which would you suggest first? :) 

Thanks for the advice,
    D

2. Cecilia

Cecilia Transforming

Well only third party Arcee I like is the Perfect Effect one... so yeah, this is a big no against delicate warrior, though I find her slightly better than the IT Arcee.

Springer wins because unlike Arcee, your other options on him are mostly lame. I still want him... but not a top priority.

3. kjyl

kjyl I'm a shark.

Slightly better both Arcees are kind of crap.

Not even seeing it I can guarantee that the PE one is better.

Hell you can still get the pink FE prime Arcee and that is better then the two Arcees.

4. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I only have the Springer, BUT with that said, he is hands-down one of my favorite to just sit and transform. There's something satisfying about the Rubik's Cube aspect of his transformations that scratches an itch in my brain.

Oh...and another thing in his favor is the recent re-release, which is slightly more expensive than the Arcee...but I was one of those who got his literally a month before the rerelease was announced. My luck lol. Arcee hasn't gone up in price much at all in comparison as to how much this guy went for pre-restock. That's another factor to think about.

5. Cecilia

Cecilia Transforming

I meant that the Delicate warrior is lightly better than IT, but my point was exactly that they were both crap.

In fact, even Energon Arcee fares better than then, and yeah, FE pink Arcee (which is the first Arcee where I think pink screwed her looks, but still superior).

Only thing PE could have against it is price but for someone with 120 bucks to put on warbot defender, surely PE Arcee can be afforded.

6. ang3l3s

ang3l3s Sixshot

Triple changer all the way but of all arcees made i love the delicate 1 but the price kills it.

7. mrtbone81

mrtbone81 Bringer of Devastation

Ebay:
    Warbot all the way!

8. Lycanthropic Tendencies

Lycanthropic Tendencies Well-Known Member

Delicate Warrior.

Warbot just never made sense to me.
    He's not accurate enough to fill the show accurate slot Hasbro hasn't filled, and there are better updated Springers by Hasbro for much, much less.
    And it's just not a nice enough robot to buy on it's own merits as a mech, imo.

Delicate Warrior on the other hand actually fills the gap Hasbro hasn't and is a really, really nice figure.
    She's beautifully designed, combines old school styling with modern detailing like a Masterpiece and has as much personality as an Animated figure, coming alive in much the same way they do.

Ignoring the fact she's Acree, it's still a really refreshing and suprisingly modern take on mech imo, especially when compared to the overly squared and dated look of Warbot.
    In fact, I'd say she's one of my favourite Transformers ever.

9. Hursticon

Hursticon Emissary of OZformers.

News Credits:
    For me, I just went with what was available to me at the time and I count myself very lucky to of obtained both:
    (An old shot but a good one :D )

[​IMG]

10. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    For me Delicate Warrior is a near perfect Arcee while Warbot is a good looking but flawed figure. I am confident we will get a better version of Springer some time, after all he is a heroic action hero in a boys toy line.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  11. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Honestly, if you don't have an extensive Classics collection that needs those characters represented, skip them both. If you do, go with whichever one you think looks better because neither one is a very good toy. Both their transformations are lacking...Arcee because her shit basically just gets crammed underneath her however it happens to fit and Springer because his transform would be almost boring if not for having to position his limbs in floating 45 degree angles...there's no spot that tells you it's in the right position so it just comes off as fiddly. So I personally don't find either one of them fun figures, but they both look good (Arcee probably more so) and do a good job of filling those spots in your Classics collection, assuming those spots need filling.

12. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

I absolutely love Warbot. The transformation is challenging, all three modes look great, and since you know it's Fansproject, the polish is amazing. Is he perfect? No way. The heels are way too small (which you could buy shapeways parts for, but still), and the arms can be really fiddly for the helicopter mode. I personally like the way diecast was used in him so I won't knock him a point for that. It sounds like a lot of people don't care for diecast in general though.

Delicate Warrior, on the otherhand, really does look like a solidly built garage kit. Yes, the details, paint, and plastic all look great, but when it comes down to transformation, it just seems really lacking. That, and from the reviews I've watched, the fact that the arms don't really lock into the chest all that well really put me off on the idea of spending $80+ on her.

Just my two cents.

13. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Defender by far. He's got much better detailing, plus the Fansproject chunk. Delicate looks cheap by comparison, and the only thing it's got going for it is that it's pretty slavishly G1.

14. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Delicate Warrior is pretty much the best iteration of Arcee that there ever WILL be, so I'm gonna' say her by a landslide:

[​IMG]

On the other hand, even though Springer doesn't have as defined of an aesthetic as delicate warrior, he's an engineering marvel. Magnificently poseable while really having three well-defined modes.

[​IMG]

You really can't lose, but I'm going with delicate warrior all the way.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  15. ae_productions

ae_productions G1 Fan

I don't get why some people are calling Delicate Warrior crap.

I own two of them, and BOTH of mine are excellent quality. The alt mode is fantastic, and the robot is dead on to the original G1.

Bottom line, if you're an Arcee fan, this is THE BEST toy of her out there. It captures her likeness to a T. The die cast metal is great, the stand is pretty awesome. Love this toy.

So why the Delicate Warrior hate? Unless they hate Arcee. Or...

I also have the impossible toys Arcee, which is a piece of shit. The Impossible Toys Arcee is SIMILAR to the Delicate Warrior Arcee, both were released around the same time. Both are inspired by the G1 character. However, they ARE NOT the same toy. I also have (or had) the impossible toys Arcee, and it is a steaming pile of dung. It's fragile, it's assembled poorly, it uses cheap plastic, and is prone to breaking. Not to mention, it does not stay together in robot mode. My Delicate warrior had NONE of these issues. In fact, my Delicate Warriors (I have two of them) have ZERO defects at all. So, maybe some of these haters have the Delicate Warrior confused with the Impossible Toys Arcee.

My Warbot Defender is AWESOME too. Dead ringer for Springer, but mine has some QC issues. That aside, I feel the toy has one design flaw, and that is the figure WILL NOT STAND ON HIS OWN in Robot mode.

Delicate Warrior AND Springer are both on the last of their run. Fansproject just re-issued Warbot Defender, and will NOT be reissuing him again. So, this is your chance to get him. Delicate Warrior was a limited run, and did not sell well (due to the confusion with Impossible Toys version AND the damn 130 dollar price point). So, I'd get Arcee first, then try to get Warbot. If you decide to get Warbot later on, the prices will SOAR once the reissue has been sold out. Delicate Warrior, well, those I know who have this toy love her (myself included) and she is hard to get (much small numbers produced than with Warbot), so I doubt you'll be able to find her this time next year.

Arcee first. But try to get Springer later. And my Arcee I mean Delicate Warrior, and my Springer I mean Warbot Defender. :) 

16. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If someone said I could have either on right now I'd pick Delicate Warrior only because I already have FP Defender/Springer, whom I think is the bee's knees. Which to make a priority? That's a tough one. I guess you have to ask yourself which character are you a bigger fan of?

17. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I'd probably say the other way around, actually. I think Arcee's price will probably remain static for longer than Warbot's since she's already overpriced to start...not to mention chances are much greater Hasbro will eventually do something that reasonably satisfies a Classics Arcee whereas Springer has probably already been done as well as they're ever going to do him.

18. ae_productions

ae_productions G1 Fan

Actually, I think I remember at one of the SDCC meetings Hasbro said something about a classics Arcee. Hopefully that won't fall along the lines of their Cosmos.

I doubt Hasbro will do another Springer. However, there is another one in the works from another 3rd party company. It will also be a triple changer.

Perfect Effect is doing an Arcee, but it's not the G1 Arcee. The delicate warrior is probably as close to the animation model we'll ever see in toy form. Even if Hasbro does her, I think it will be disappointing in comparison. However, the release of a G1 Classics Arcee will drive down the need for the Delicate Warrior. I hope there is some good news for us at SDCC this year with Hasbro.

19. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have the Delicate Warrior Arcee, but don't have Warbot Springer yet - i've got him on order. So I can only speak to Delicate Warrior.

I was taken aback at the price on Delicate Warrior, I paid $140 for her. But once I got her, I totally loved her. She is the most accurate representation of Arcee that I have seen. Great transformation, highly poseable, a terrific toy. I think she is awesome, and she is a great choice if you are looking to complete that 1986 movie cast.

20. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

I have both.
    I think Delicate Warrior is frickin' gorgeous.
    Not a big fan of Warbot Defender (was it defender? Whatever the Springer homage).
    I don't really like the jigsaw legs and I think his head is way to far back from his shoulders in bot mode and it annoys me to no end (I am a mostly a bot mode kind of guy).