Deleted Scenes?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Rodihide, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Rodihide

Rodihide Batmobile Autobot

When I was watching tf3 I found that at the part when the decepticon drone comes into the building sam's shoulder is poking out then the move back. The film crew must of deleted some footage.

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Or it could be the original "take" was longer, and was trimmed down in editing. Doesn't have to be an entire deleted scene.

3. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish they would put some deleted scenes on the DVD. I'm sure there is stuff that was filmed but cut for time or whatever. Plus the Imax footage from the first movie. I was really hoping the BluRay Trilogy would have some better extras.

4. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Michael Bay's a pretty frugal director, so I'd imagine he'd cut scenes he wanted out of the film before they went to shooting, which would be a considerable expense. This is especially true of scenes with major special effects.

5. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    But the problem is there was stuff that was filmed that didn't make the final cut. Take the part where Sam was present during the DC invasion for example. Shia and Josh were filmed running around dodging Decepticons. The Dreads were also filmed in DC, there were also scenes with the Twins and I'm sure there were plenty of scenes with only the humans that were cut down a lot for the movie. There are tons of deleted scenes out there that will never see the light of day.

6. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    What irritates me is the CGI that was produced that wasn't included on the blu-ray... i don't need 53 behind the scenes featurettes... I want CGI extras!

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I can think of a lot more scenes Bay should've cut out before shooting them.

Someone had to say it... :p 

8. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    This, to pretty much anything Aernaroth will say in this thread.

+1 But I honestly don't think there was a lot of extra visual effects-heavy sequences filmed for the movie. As MV95 said, there were a few scenes with the vehicles and pyrotechnics and stuff that were left out, but there probably wasn't going to be much in the realm of lengthy deleted CG-heavy scenes.

At most I can think of altering Optimus' lip movements from the trailers to the final film when he's speaking to Mearing.

:lol  Agreed.

9. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    If there was any at all, which seems unlikely based on the costs involved. If you pay out for the CGI, odds are it's going in the movie.

10. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Well, there's one that I can think of for certain. The shot of the line in the theatrical trailer, where Optimus tells Mearing "you've made a grave mistake," is not in the final film. In the film, it's a completely different camera angle, positioning for characters, and even the line is delivered differently.

And I remember there was, at one point, a discussion regarding the Burger King commercial that may or may not have featured additional Optimus vs. Shockwave footage (been so long I can't remember whatever came of that).

11. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    I hope there's some deleted scenes.

The playground scene, Megatron shooting an elephant in Africa, more Shockwave scenes, etc.

12. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    One thing I kind of wonder about is if he shoots any of the scenes from multiple angles (and not for 3D), and then only uses footage from one angle. Would be pretty cool to see scenes from literally a different point of view.

But since Bay's a pretty visual director, I imagine he figures out what he wants to see from the beginning.

13. MichaelGaxiola

MichaelGaxiola Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I heard somewhere that the fight between Optimus and Shockwave was an edited bit of cgi from the film put in the commercial.

14. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    actually the Optimus vs Shockwave fight is the Optimus vs Sentinel fight, Shockwave added in palce of sentinel for avoid spoilling his betrayal

15. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Yeah, like I mentioned in my earlier post. Are the two versions really that different though? I haven't seen/compared them in a while. I always figured that they only thing that changed was Optimus' mouth movements, for the obvious differences between "You've made a grave mistake" and "...the great Sentinel Prime, the technology's inventor...". But different angle and positioning? You have me intrigued now, Ephland. :) 

16. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The playground scene is one I'm a little upset didn't get featured in the final movie. :( 

17. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Yep. In the trailer, Mearing is on the catwalk and Optimus approaches her, puts his left hand on the catwalk, pulls in close and says "you've made a grave mistake." The camera angle is from the side, above the characters slightly.

In the actual film, Optimus transforms (after the "he's pissed" line) while Mearing is on the ground (in front of the retrieved Cybertronian engine part) and says the line during his "you lied to us" dialogue. The camera angle is off to side slightly, but is more or less facing directly at Optimus, from a ground position.

Two completely different CGI rendered shots.

EDIT: My point being that they fully rendered Optimus delivering the line in a completely different shot than was used in the film, which means that there is at least one example of unused CGI being produced.

18. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Same here... I wanted more of Autobot Sentinel, not Decepticon Sentinel.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I wish we had gotten the playground scene. Perhaps one of the girls their could have left and then Laserbeak pursued her asking "Is your daddy home?"

20. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Of course, Michael Bay doesn't like a long films (like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings, second and third last for three hours, it is very hard!), that's why he cuts films and cuts, and cuts... It's very hard work, by the way!