Delayed Admiration?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TrueNomadSkies, May 17, 2011.

1. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    So basically, have we found ourselves coming across a certain admiration or respect for shows/characters/etc that we didn't otherwise have when we were first introduced to them, or even not to the same extent that we do now?

For example, I've always thought that Beast Machines was underrated as hell (the haters can go slag themselves), but it wasn't until I rewatched the series a couple of months back that I really came away with the deeper meanings that it held, and the same could be said about characters like Cheetor & Cyclonus that grew on me a lot more now that I'm older.

2. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I can identify in a way, when Beast Wars and then Beast Machines first came out I hated them. I was too much of a fan-boy to give anything different than G1 a chance. However now that I'm a bit older, hopefully wiser and more open minded I decided to watch both series and give them a chance. I didn't realize what I had been missing!
    While BW is my favorite of the two I would by no means call BM bad at all. Both are great, well written series with some of the best characterization I've seen in a TF series.

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    :confused: 

4. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Well, he might've just been another pawn in the grand scheme of things, but at least he was honourable most of the time, and probably one of the only sane Decepticons left. Not that it's saying very much, but it's still something.

5. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As far as admiration, I was NOT a fan of Rodimus Prime as a 7 year old, but I understand that character a lot better now. That's all for admiration, however, there are several characters I'd say I was a FAN of now that I wasn't in my younger days

6. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I find this happens to me quite a bit with toys. When HFTD Deluxe Ironhide came out back in August/September, I bought him and was kind of meh about him. I pulled him out this weekend and now I absolutely love this figure. Not sure why, but this happens to me quite a bit.

-Silvershot

7. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

I think Rodimus Prime definitely falls under this.

8. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Beast Wars was like that for me. I skipped the entire first season and didn't start watching until season 2. The ideas of all robots looked so stupid. In fact, it wasn't until I bought TM Cheetor did I start watching the show.

I was that way with Animated too. I didn't like the look of it at all. I then watched the Season 1 DVD and changed my mind. I probably should just give in to anything TF related that comes out so that doesn't happen any more.

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm certainly this way towards Pretenders and Action Masters. I've grown extremely fond of both lines of characters now. :) 

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    i used to hate Sideways in Armada because he was mean and was asshole for doublecrossing everyone. Now i consider him a Badass mofo.

Rodimus and Cheetor also fall into this, Hotshot as well. Well All Kid appeal charecters minus Sideburn and Bumblebee. If they had Leadership potiential they were good.

11. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    TFP is an example. At first, I hated it. Now, I don't miss an episode!

12. thecollector

thecollector Fluffernutter Admirer

I used to hate Animated but now I actually like it. Shame its gone. :rip 

13. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I had a delayed admiration for TF: Animated. At first, I was turned off by the designs. But then, I saw the series on DVD, watched it, and got a kick out of it. Really wished we'd have gotten one more season before it ended.

Also, I had a delayed admiration for Starscream. I didn't think much of him in G1, but these days... seeing his Movie and TF: Prime incarnations, I came to like him more so now he's among my top 5 favorite Decepticons.

14. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    In 1984, I was a fan of Optimus Prime then after several years sort of forgot about him. After watching ROTF, I became a fan of Bumblebee who is now my favorite character.

15. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Not that I'm exactly fond of their portrayal in RotF, but I've warmed up to the Twins a lot more. Movie characters/designs in general have had this effect on me, though.

I'm in the delayed appreciation for Animated boat, as I started to like the series a lot more after the show premiered.

16. Sky-Byte

Sky-Byte Armada Fan

Rodimus. Hated him when I was a kid because I blamed him for Prime dying, then he had the nerve to take his place and whine about it.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I despised Animated on it's first reveal, but fell in love by the first episode.

Also while I've always liked them, I've only recently discovered how cool (if incredibly silly sometimes) the original Marvel Comics were.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Indeed Hail Budiansky who created Transformers. Marvel Comic Shockwave rocks. :rock :

19. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Hehe...

I remember going to buy those from a place called Tramps Comics back in the day, and the best part is that they were only like a dollar (some were even less). The next time I'm back in Saskatoon, I'm definitely hitting that place up again.

20. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Delayed admiration ay? This makes me think back to the time when I was in highschool in the 90's & BW had just begun being screened. I told myself "What the hell is this shit? Prime should be a semi trailer - not a freaking gorilla. There is no way in hell that I'll be watching this shit." Yes, they were the thoughts of a 16 year old teenager... :eek: 

Fast forward to 2005 & I saw the BW boxset on sale for a good price. I thought "Why not?" & I bought it. After watching all 3 seasons in record-time, I luv my BW equally as much as I do my G1. Talk about delayed admiration ay... :lol