Delayed 25th anniversary celebration?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by supervir2, Oct 13, 2010.

1. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    There was a lot of anticipation for what Hasbro would do for the 25th anni of the brand and a fair amount( though not universal) of disappointment in the offerings

Am I alone in feeling that the present windfall of generations figures and all of the releases taktom is doing for 2010 feels like what should have happened in 09? It truly feels like a celebration of the brand-

Kup, perceptor, trailcutter, grapple, reflector, dirge, thrust, drift, wfc, jazz, tracks, wheeljack, red alert, blurr, scourge, mp rodimus, all the clear figures, remold unicron, straxus, thuderwing, g2 prime, skullgrin, windcharger, wreck-gar, g1 legends, the rest of hftd/rts, etc

It is an epic time for transfans!

2. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Need I remind you that during the actual 25th anniversary we received Prowl, Sunstreaker, Tankor, Acid Storm, Galvatron, Ironhide, Sideswipe, Silverstreak, Starscream, Hound w/Ravage, Cheetor, Cyclonus w/Nightstick, Dinobot, Smokescreen, Hot Shot w/Jolt, Ratchet, Inferno, Onslaught, Powerglide, Siverbolt, and legends versions of Hound, Jazz, G2 Megatron, Brawn, Beachcomber, Bumblebee, Cosmos, Warpath, and Rodimus. That and G1 reissues of Optimus Prime, Perceptor, and the Insecticons and the entire ROTF toyline and a good portion of the Animated line.

2009, the 25th anniversary was a good year for TF fans. The only reason why people feel disappointed by it is because the 25th anniversary itself was downplayed.

3. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    2009 wasn't half bad at all, I love 2009. 2010 seems to be filled with G1 fanwank toys.

4. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A quite a few of those mentioned was released in 2008 without the 25th anniversary tag.

5. E. C. R. Former

The point I'm trying to make is that 2009 was an AWESOME year for TF fans. And to me, calling Generations/Reveal the Shield a delayed celebration of the 25th anniversary makes no sense when we were in the midst of the equally awesome Universe 2.0 at the time.

6. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    G1 was also re-released on DVD and ROTF was released as well.

7. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry for being technical but figures like Universe 2.0 Galvatron, Acid Storm and Sunstreaker where released in early summer of 2008. I can understand your point. But great releases will happen every year regardless of year. IMHO 2009 was business as usual for Hasbro. And it will happen in the years to come as long as TFs are profitable for Hasbro.

8. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    The bottom line was that more people cared about the current movie shit than what happened before 2007.

9. Jimmy Drift

Jimmy Drift Well-Known Member

Do you remember the '86 movie?

Next year (2011) is the 25th anniversary of said movie, hence all of the releases we never got in '09.

10. E. C. R. Former

And 2010-2011 is business as usual for Hasbro as well. There's no special interest placed on Generations and Reveal the Shield. Its just the (excellent) lines that comes before Transformers 3, just the way the (excellent) Universe 2.0 line came before ROTF. Whichever way, these past several years have been good times for TFfans.

Also, because I lived overseas at the time, I have a tendency of thinking of the early Universe 2.0 releases as mid-fall 2008 releases rather than early summer 2008 releases.

11. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    good point , whats the betting they slap a copy of the Movie in with MP Rodimus in Hasbro's version?

Anyway i think the thing that bugs me most about 2009 is Hasbro did almost nothing commemorate it, the toys that got the 25th anniversary label were gonna get released anyway. I understand for ROTF but still just one event pre movie release , even if it was just a mail away for a G1 reissue of Bumblebee and people have been ecstatic.

The figures were great but it would have been nice if Hasbro had something more.