Minor/Repaint: Deheadmastering TR Voyager Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Oreo Bot, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Oreo Bot

Oreo Bot Vending Machine

This basically allows you to not to take off the head during transformation

Take out the 4 screws on the right side of Prime's body. You will need to take off a wheel to get access to one of them.

image.jpeg

Once you pull him apart, find the piece that has the pilons and headmaster socket.

image.jpeg

You will need to take off the black block(in two pieces) that has the socket and glue that onto the piece with the 2 pilons. It requires quite a bit of shaving.

image.jpeg

Get a screw and drill a hole in the bottom of the blue piece. Then carve a track in the middle of the black piece. This will keep the entire thing from popping out due to the spring.

image.jpeg

You will need to remove the legs of the headmaster because the head wont fit if you have them attached. I went ahead and did that, but also removing the pilons. I took off the arms of the headmaster and balls, and glued the pilons onto the sides of the head so the head spikes are blue instead of grey. You can keep the pilons on if you wish.

image.jpeg

You need to shave off some of the floor in the cockpit of the titan master on both sides to make room for the screw

Then put everything back together and screw it all in.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Now the head can retract into the body

• Like Like x 7
  2. Yaujta

Yaujta De-Headmasterizator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pretty much the exact same method as what needs done to Astrotrain to de-Headmaster him.
    Well done!

3. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    Are these easy? I wish third party or Shapeways would sell pre-molded versions of these pieces for idiots like me to just unscrew, pop in and admire someone else's handiwork.

Nice job!

• Like Like x 4
  4. Rapid Madness

Rapid Madness Member

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I wonder if you can take off all the plane bits so it can only transform into a truck.

5. Yaujta

Yaujta De-Headmasterizator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes, but it's a nice bit of work to completely eliminate the plane parts and cover the spaces they occupied.

6. Gaia Saber

Gaia Saber Active Member

I'll keep this in mind for Octane

• Like Like x 1
  7. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Nice work, most of the head master gimmicks don't bother me. Nice to know there is an alternative for others though

• Like Like x 1
  8. POSSESSED_DIGIT

POSSESSED_DIGIT WE ARE NUBBY THUMB!!

News Credits:
    Nice.
    So many threads showing that these Titans Return toys can be de-headmastered. I swear these toys initially started out without headmaster gimmicks. Like there's a huge stockpile of updated transformer designs sitting in files, and Hasbro is cherry-picking them and adding the gimmick afterwards. Most are done well, but there's stuff like this thread where it get my gears spinning...

• Like Like x 3
  9. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:

THIS.

It's why I believe that CW Devastator was either meant to be masterpiece, and then simplified, or the same size as other CW figs, and then oversized (and parts simplified to hold the weight), OR just designed for a previous regular CHUG line.

• Like Like x 3
  10. MCutter

MCutter Ugly bag of mostly water

News Credits:
    I started doing this on mine and was very confused about having different colored plastics. After a little research I figured out that you're using the Chaos on Velocitron version of this mould.

11. kmopotato

kmopotato spends too much on this shit

This is probably one of my favorite deheadings. It really oozes 'normal' and seems like it was supposed to retract into the body like the original Laser mold.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor JaAmS

actually this is TRUE. The guy who designed Devastator is usually a Masterpiece guy, he himself confirmed that this is EXACTLY what he did. He took his Masterpiece devy designed and tweaked them for mass release. He did this because he was positive that an actual masterpiece devastator was likely to never be made (due to cost and size) and he didn't want his designs to go to waste.

i cant remember where or when this was said but i am 100% positive that i saw it and that this IS the case.

that being said, I totally want a 3rd party to KO the UW devy and upscale them to be proper MP bot scale then go to town on adding extra engineering and remolding to make them G1 toon accurate.

The perfect MP Devy is easily within our grasp. All that needs done is to use UW devy as a starting point.

• Like Like x 3
  13. SHADDO

SHADDO Arashikage Decepticon

This would be an awesome KO upgrade project for KBB or one of these other quality KO companies to tackle...

For the most part, I'm really liking the TR line, but everything triple changing and the stupid pop-up gimmick crap is really messing up some of these figures that could be really good...the TM thing on every figure is overkill too, but that I can more easily deal with than the other gimmicks screwing the figures up even more...

• Like Like x 2
  14. maxxzander

maxxzander Well-Known Member

100% can.. this is wat I did to mine...

15. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    you can, all of that is on mushroom pegs so it comes off. i left the jet nosecone though cuz the legs look hollow otherwise.

16. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

That's exactly why I stopped buying the TR figures, I only plan on getting a handful of the future releases. Thankfully Weijiang (I think it's Wei) has plans to release the TR figures as Voyagers! Those I will cherry pick the ones that should have been and I hope Wei or KBB upscales and tweaks some of the TR Voyager figures like Broadside too

• Like Like x 1
  17. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    Did this to my Laser Prime. Normally I don't mind the TM's, but it just felt wrong for such an otherwise slavish figure. I also removed the jet parts and painted the hinges black to blend in with the truck mode better.
    Hoping reprolabels does a replacement set of labels for the trailer and chest.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

I just got a tr laser prime in the mail today along with quick switch, I'm hoping my attempt at this MOD goes well

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  19. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

update: just finished modding my G2 prime and got him all back together, this mod makes this figure so much more beautiful in my eyes, i decided to go a different angle with the antenna to make them flare out alittle more making them sortof hyper-anime-esque.

IMAG0337.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. Gaia Saber

Gaia Saber Active Member

I tried doing this on mine and while it was a success I lost the spring for the grill what should I do?