Definitive World of Warcraft thread

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Kickback, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Did a mog run in Sunwell Plateau on my hunter, and what drops off Kil'Jaden?

[​IMG]

That's right mother fuckers, Thori'dal, The Stars' Fury! I can't mog it, but I don't care.

FUCKNG GOT IT :D 

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Figured i try for my Ret Pallys hidden artifact apperance. So happy its over. Got it last night.

12x full AV runs and 4x mid-end AV joins for the book (avg queue time 45-60mins). Got it at the end of the bg.

10hrs total for the slime. 2hrs camping, went out for 3hrs, then another 8hrs camping.

550 cast for the shard.

Now to find which bg to run for the 4th tint.

3. OmegaScourge

Nice. I got that on my Priest lol.

4. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

If you think 550 casts are a lot then you aren't a true fisherman, brother.

*pets riding and sea turtle*

5. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

I got those too!

And last night my Guild and I got Cenarious down to 30 percent on a no Strats run... Which is -kinda- a LFR group of "GO IN AND HIT IT WITH A STICK!" but in an actual raid difficulty. After that we used strats and took him down.

6. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

I've actually unsubbed if I'm being honest. After me and my girlfriend called it quits I've decided to move away from a few things and wow (hell, video games in general) have taken a back seat. I do miss it, but not enough to resub. I'm sure I'll be back in a few months or something though :) 

7. OmegaScourge

Lol. Yeah true. Dont even know how much in the thousands ive fish for the rat in old Dalaran. And still havent gotten it (haven't tried since WoTLK days tho) :( 

And no sea turtle for me either.

But on a another note. Got my Enhancement Shaman hidden artifact appearance on his first kill :) 

Now the multi toon attempt to get that love rocket lol

8. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I've been unsubbed for a few months, and I've been wondering to myself about what Blizzard's ultimate plan is should WoW finally dip beneath that margin from profitable to not-profitable. They've been the standard, more or less, that MMOs have been held to for the past decade due to their sheer staying power. I mean my dream for it was that they'd do this mega (and I mean fucking MEGA) patch that basically makes all the content, including dungeons and raids, soloable BUT like with Diablo, or Dark Souls for a more contemporary example, it is possible to invite other players into your game world to help you or to do existing content on a higher difficulty level. It would also mean that when starting a new character, you would functionally level through vanilla as it was prior to the release of the Burning Crusade, then Wrath of the Lich King and then when Cataclysm happens you go and back to old areas to complete what became the new starting content AT current level.

I also have thought back on the 10 odd years (with gaps) that I've played and despite losing my original guild to IRL changes and sheer difference from the days of spending my day spamming the LFG channel in Southshore with "Rogue LFG SM Arm/Cath - have key" to just slapping some heirlooms on another character and going hogwild for a few hours....I wouldn't trade it back for all my subscription fees paid back at 100% compounded daily interest.

What were our favorite moments in this titan of a game?

9. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Been unsubbed for almost a year now, to be honest. Real life stuff got in the way of playing and our small guild just couldn't sustain playability if one person unsubbed.

Honestly I love the game and the world but I think I'm done. Maybe when the new expansion comes I'll jump in for a few weeks, but we'll see. I legit don't regret spending money on it though, at all.

My favourite moments for me are just going through all the meta achievements for old roads with friends, working out mechanics that require more than the 4 of us etc. Good times.

10. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    One of mine was, with some help, completing the Benediction quest for my Priest before the content was removed in Cataclysm. I've also had the pleasure of doing the quests for Thunderfury and Sulfuron - though I was well past 60 when I did.

But as for 'at level', I really enjoyed actually being able to raid in Trial of the Crusader and Icecrown Citadel with my guild during Wrath of the Lich King - in fact I would rate the duration of Wrath as being my favourite playtime with the game above all else.

11. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Ladies and Gentlemen, the next expansion has been announced at Blizzcon:

World of Warcraft: The Battle for Azeroth

Cinematic Trailer:

Features Trailer:

Also announced was this little item:

Oh yes, classic servers.....back where it all began.

So broad strokes:

Level cap: 120
    New areas: Kul'Tiras (Alliance) and Zandalar (Horde)
    New races (kind of):
    -Alliance: Void Elves, Lightsworn Draenei and, through a recruitment system, Darkiron Dwaves [Boy that's going to be awkward what with all the times I did Blackrock Depths].
    -Horde: Highmountain Tauren, Nightborne and through presumably the same recruitment system, the Zandalari Trolls.
    New Mode: Warfronts
    -From the website.

Another interesting change is introducing the scaling level system from Legion to old content but only to a certain point.

So level 1-60 content will scale with you, but cap out at 60 for example. Which I think is nice, because it means I won't out-level storylines I'm enjoying and it means more dungeon variety while leveling.

12. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

I think Classic servers are not going to do near as well as anyone thinks.

13. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    That very argument is going on right now over at the WoW forums. Personally if they do this big realm merge they're talking about, they can use the freed up hardware for the classic servers and just roll it into the general WoW subscription

14. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

I'm talking about the fact that people who have nostalgia-gasm over vanillia will probably cry like babies when they go back and see what -else- they had to do back in the day.

And no.. Nothing will ever bring back the "Sense of exploration"... because said people can't stay off running everything on Beta/PTR or watching youtube instead of waiting and playing the game.

15. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Oh my god no, I don't want to go back. YOU CANT MAKE ME.

if Zandalari druids can be dinomancers I'm RUINED.

16. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    No matter how long I've been unsubbed, I always come back for a new xpac. Always......

17. vproject

vproject Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Their travel form is a RAPTOR. :D 

18. Artork312

Artork312 The Robo-Chuvak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    BTW, Dumb-duin's helmet is hilarious.

19. OmegaScourge

I already got a Troll druid. Since it'll be free (supposedly for the first one). I might race swap him to a Zandalari druid.

20. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Saints preserve me, I was thinking to myself that I need something to reinvigorate my interest. So I rolled on an RP server.

And you know what, once I found a Guild, it was awesome. We did a 3 hour RP event from Ironforge to the Arathi Highlands. Didn’t gain a level, a copper or any gear but I was interacting with people and once I’d shaken the rust off from my pen and paper days, the RPing was like slipping on an old, comfortable pair of shoes.

• Like Like x 1