Minor/Repaint: Definitive Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Insane Galvatron, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I was looking at all 4 Bumblebees I had to pick the best one for my movie collection. Didn't see the point in having more than one. I'd heard some people say DotM with Battle Blades head, but they look like the same sculpt, only DotM has a silver face. I also noticed that since the "new" wore off on Battle Blades and DotM, they just didn't impress me as much as they did when they came out. The proportions, lack of backpack, and lack of car hood on the shoulders just look so much better on the first mold. The only problem with it is the head. They remolded it for RotF, but it has creepy looking eyes. I decided to put the Battle Blades head on the first movie mold. Turns out, the ball is too small. I check the RotF version, and it does have a larger ball and it snapped right on. Plus, the color of his face matches so much better. The only other thing I had to do was apply some Krazy Glue to some of the joints to tighten him up. Now he's my favorite Bee. Take a look. More pics to come tomorrow night.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

I hated the ROTF Bee head, doofy looking and oversized, I also didn't like the way the
    gun arm looked...too long, and never transformed right in the car mode, I also prefer BB
    to have 2 hands, and a converting canon, BB Bumblebee is my favorite ever, I modified the
    doors to swing back, by cutting the hood, my only complaint about the mold was that part,
    and I fixed that and now he has 2 converting arm canons as well. I liked the axe, but since
    it was installed backwards with no real neat way to fix it, and to have 2 symmetrical arm
    guards, I added another blaster.

I cut the ROTF Bee gun arm down, and mounted the canon closer to the elbow,
    and removed the roof sections from the arms, still have to make a hinge to connect
    the roof to the windshield section, I am making him someone else, not sure who yet.

You like Bee this way, that is good, the HFTD head looks good on the mold, the best head
    yet in my opinion. Are there any other mods you did, or are planning to do?

3. mikecustoms

mikecustoms New Member

nice, I did this to my roft bee as well but when I first got the dotm, I switched heads with bb bee, required some modding though, some detailing and it looks perfect, it has better proportions than the bb bee, however the lack of weapons on it bugs me, the mech-tech stuff just looks retarded, so the bb bee is better in that way, I still keep my roft bee as a custom piece since I repainted the whole thing, the cannon arm is still a problem , but I can live with that, so, best bee ever has to be hftd bee, but the ideal one, the flawless one is the original mold, its just the one movie bumblebee,
    '07 Premium Bumblebee

4. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

Now I will say when the '07 Bee came out, and I still have one MOSC he was bad ass, my only complaint the inaccurate head,
    but all the joints were nice and freshly tight, and I preferred the black bot parts better than the grey, but my ROTF Bee, every
    ball joint was loose and floppy, and that canon....that is why I am customizing it, but my Top 2 Bee's are HFTD Bee & TF ('07)
    Concept Bee, in that order....And why couldn't we have gotten a '77 Camaro that was actually as close to accurate as HFTD
    Bee? That bot mode looked nothing like the on screen Bee.

5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Yeah, this guy was all floppy too. Easy enough to fix. I just coated all the ball joints with Krazy glue, now he's as tight as ( insert sexual reference here ).

I started out planning to put BB BB's head on DotM Bee like everyone else is doing, but I just dig the proportions on this mold better. I went with the RotF version instead of the original simply because the paint on the face matched the gray parts perfectly.

6. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Yep, even with the new BBs since, the '07 one still holds a place in my heart. I definitely like the alt mode better than the Battleblade one...

7. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    This BB can really be every BB we ever saw. I know somewhere I saw someone had made it into a Stealth Force mode using the original mode's gun-blade thing as the cannon coming out of the roof.