Heavy/Scratch: Defensor WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by caretaker27, Jan 14, 2009.

1. caretaker27

caretaker27 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    As with my Devastator thread, here is another WIP that was inspired by the great kitbashers at this site. If you previously worked on or are still in the process of making a Defensor...I salute you.

I am working with almost every size class in this gestalt and that will be problematic for those that do not like parts forming or kibble. I am sure there is a way to do it, but I like this way. (constructive criticism is always welcome though)

I used:

Hotspot-Optimus Prime (RID)
    Blades- Autobot Blades (Uni 2.0)
    Streetwise-Prowl (Uni 2.0)
    First Aid- Red Aert ([Cybertron] Crankcase [TFTM] pictured for now)
    Groove- Lugnutz (Cybertron)

The goal painting wise is to make hotspot/super hotspot resemble the OFTCC Defensor that never was, and add a touch of the cartoon colors for good measure to all.

I do plan on using the super parts in the final transformation, and most likely Primus' head will be modded to make a proper defensor head. I might use some magnets, so if anyone knows where to get the "rare earth magnets" i would be very appreciative.

Connection will be mainly neo shifter joints and games workshop "green stuff"

i will update as soon as i have more pics to show and dried paint.

Attached Files:

2. ultra magnus 14

ultra magnus 14 WRECKER

nice paint job! good luck

3. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

Hmm, my concern is the depth of his chest compared to his waist...I'm sure you're thinking about that already. Any ideas?

4. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Ebay:
    sweet good concept for defensor. you can get rare earth magnets from your local radio shack

5. caretaker27

caretaker27 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hotspot's legs and upper body fit into the cavity nicely, and the lower legs/truck front become the chest, if you look at pictures of Frenzy_Rumble's Defensor you should get the idea, I will post fitment pictures in a day or two as the torso is just about ready to test out.

6. chlokai

chlokai Well-Known Member

i like red alert for first aid much better than ironhide or towline,

not too sure about lugnutz for groove, but don't have any other suggestions either, other tan making one of the other limbs the same size?

7. StuntPrime35

StuntPrime35 Dreads for life

News Credits:
    Not meaning to be picky good sir but you've got First Aid and Streetwise the wrong way round! As for choice of molds, exactly the same as me except for Groove. I'd go Armada Sideways or RID Axer