DEFENSOR GIFTSET ON EBAY opening bid $49.99.

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ROKETOPUNCH, Sep 26, 2009.

1. ROKETOPUNCH

ROKETOPUNCH Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  2. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
  3. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Oh it will be mine....maybe....ok well it might be mine....ok I can't afford it but in my dreams it will be mine!!!

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    What does one of these typically go for?

5. patobot

patobot ۝۝۝۝۝۝۝۝ Scanning ۝۝۝۝۝۝۝

From the description: "The toy was almostnever played with and have no scratches or paint scrapes. Again theactual toy is MINT and Easily a C-10."

Defensor is very difficult to find sealed and he's one of the few Transformers that I MAY consider trying to buy unsealed but it's a pain having to verify that every part is actually legit. And with a quote like that it's difficult to trust this seller's experience or honesty.

6. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I want to say $2000 give or take. The one's I see the most are either the spanish version or the GIG version.

7. TriFlow

TriFlow Well-Known Member

I like the "almost never played with" part. I think it will sell for around $1000-$1325!!

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    NO shit?! I'm seeing Guardian at about one-fourth the price!

9. ANONYMOUS

ANONYMOUS Well-Known Member

By far, the hardest G1 USA released giftset to find is Defensor. This one appears to be a catalog ordered version, where it was mailed in a cardboard sleeve (with no sides, just a big piece of brown tape wrapped on either side, which is why you see that big paper tear on the one side of this box). Those catalog ordered boxes, like this, tend to get pretty beat up. Too bad, because the interior and toys look to be in great condition. I agree with the $1,000 to $1,500 price on this set. The box isn't that great, but these just don't come up for sale very often. The Italian, Canadian, Greek, and Japanese Defensor Giftsets are much easier to find.

10. patobot

Are you sure that's it rarer than Piranacon giftset?

11. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

I also want to know.

Defensor or Piranacon Giftset, which is RARER?

12. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

A MISB Defensor is the rarest Giftset.

13. patobot

A few months ago, a Piranacon box (only) sold for $700+ . I was very surprised hehe

I was trying to order them by rarity but it's really difficult. I'm not sure where to place Predaking, Menasor, Abominus.

Devastator, Superion, Abominus, Predaking, Menasor, Computron, Piranacon, Defensor

How would you rearrange that?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  14. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    least rare to most rare, not to say I'm right but this is just from what I have seen:

MISB US Devestator
    MISB US Superion
    MISB US Menasor-MISB Gig Abonimus-Bruticus, MISB Jap. Predaking
    MISB US Computron-Piranacon
    MISB US Defensor

15. neuroticaa

neuroticaa Active Member

Ebay:
    Ill might bid on this giftset but Ill think like someone else said before that the box Is a little beat up. But I have to say that I personally think that the U.S Defensor giftset is really rare, both Piranacon giftset and Computron giftset have been up on ebay several times this year, I cant remember when I last saw a U.S Defensor up on ebay. So Ill guess that Us Defensor could be the rarest giftset right now.

16. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    The US Defensor has not been up on ebay for some time..this auction will end in 4 dggits.

17. talip

talip Active Member

My favorite topic, US Giftsets! I have been keeping a close count on the Big Four for over 7+ plus years now..

Here is my MISB count that I have gathered thus far...

Defensor....2, both remain ungraded because the owners don't like the idea of sending such a big box and risking damage during shipping..They won't be selling any of these anytime soon..so they don't see the point..I disagree, they must be validated!! I'm also not considering the one ebay memeber primal1966 sold on ebay this year..Which ended quick with buy it now for something like $3,500, looked nice and legit..I'm not counting this one because I don't know the source or the buyer and the seller is no longer a registered member on Ebay..I know Killa also saw this auction...

Menasor...3, two are AFA graded and the other will also be graded soon...

Computron...4, two are AFA graded and now the recent graded CSG...the ungraded one would probably graded a 70 or 75...

Piranacon...4, all four are AFA graded...

Only 2 seperate the least common and the most common..So in my opinion, In terms of MISB, I would say all are equally rare!!

Now as for MIB used or unused....

Piranacon is the rarest and the most expensive, especially unused....Like patobot said, a plain box only sold for $900 a few months ago and a MIB used sold for $1,500 and I know of one private sale for an unused MIB went for $2,500...

Computron is the second rarest....

Defensor...I've only seen two US Defensor's this year..both sold for $500 and $750...these auctions were buy it now/OBO, they didn't last long as I only saw these in the completed auctions...I always search completed auctions, you'll be amazed how quickly stuff sells sometimes...I have seen plenty of these in the last 7+ years...

Menasor...The most common of the Big Four...but is more popular and sometimes commands more value than Defensor...

18. cromagnus

cromagnus B-boy rumble

I have to agree w/ you Talip. Although you never know about the collectors in the shadows:sly2:  I 've been hunting for Individually carded gestalts just because of the difficulty in finding sealed giftsets. I've seen lots of AFA 85 devastators sold in the last year most for around the $2500 mark. i've only seen one AFA graded superion and it was the 90 that sold on the Bay for $4900. I am still amazed at how few of these giftsets actually made it sealed.
    Anyone have any pics of a sealed defensor?
    As a footnote I believe the rarest Japanese giftset is Dinoking; I've seen quite a few opened but only one sealed. It sold for $2300 and was in pretty beat up shape. I'm pretty sure that was Ebay user Ksjg03 who sold it. Anyone ever seen a sealed Road Caeser?
    That Defensor box seems pretty hit..but good luck to the seller!

19. ANONYMOUS

ANONYMOUS Well-Known Member

There is a difference between rarity and value. Defensor is much rarer then Piranacon, but Piranacon is much more popular then Defensor so it brings more money.

As far as dollar value, I think the above posts are right on with Piranacon as tops, but as far as rarity, the Defensor giftset is the hardest to track down in any condition.

To whoever was asking about Road Caesar, he was a pretty common giftset in Japan, and there used to be a lot of sealed ones floating around out there. How many are still around I don't know, but it was never a really hard one to find.

20. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I have seen one MISb Battle Gaea..Wheeljackslabb sold it a few years ago.