Defensor... Complete! (part 6 of 6)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by frenzyrumble, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

and we shall just give it time......and more figures to choose from

2. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Then I guess I will just continue to wait until my expectations are met. ;) 
    I never said this creation is bad, in fact, I love the paint job among other things. I guess I am one of the few that wants a real combining gestalt, not of the past, but of the future(It'll be a while but I can wait, or make it myself). LOL As for the US goverment that's misinformation, and its only what you see or hear. You would sh!t bricks if you have seen what I have fly over my house(I live by Lockheed & Boeing and know quite a few people), Just because something is working now doesn't ever mean something new/better/faster should not be strived for. The mentality like that is not what a radicon(or any designer) should ever think like. But with all of this I digress, F_R did a good job, just expected better is all.

3. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Dont think I could have said it better my self.

This might be the problem, but I think that this board has the people that could do it. I'm impatient too I guess. LOL

4. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not to take anything away from FRs nice custom, but I would disagree that most hardcore fans would want this style of combining, particularly from Hasbro. While a dream combiner would be one that doesn't need extra parts to combine AND look really good in the combined form (as well as individual forms) it's pretty difficult to do. So difficult that even Hasbro has not figured out a way to do it and no customizer has figured a way to do it either (the closest still uses some form of extra combiner parts one way or another). I prefer the combined form to use as little extra parts but still look good (ie. only fists, head, and feet as extra parts) but aesthetically speaking FR may not think that it'll look good enough. It's all preference though and it seems the people who buy his stuff like his customs and his method enough to shell out a good amount of money. Tonyzcustomz has a certain preference and is expressing his opinion which is fine too. I don't think he is giving sh** for the sake of giving sh** it's just his opinion and preference.

5. kaos

AGREED

6. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I agree also, and of course strive to making the "perfect" combiner one day. but, not today. As a "professional" I need to consider time and expenses vs. profit on each project. If I spend 6 months making the "perfect" combiner and receive the same as I do with the style of ones I create now, I waste time and go bankrupt real quick.

It's not a sacrifice, so to speak, it's doing projects so they are economically feasible for both me and potential buyers. If I offered to build a commission using no kibble, I'd demand twice or more in price, and no one i've come across would prefer spending $7000 for 1 combiner when they can get maybe 2 or 3 for the same price.

In the Radicon's point of view, yeah - I can see that bar up there, and the degree of perfection we all aim for, but I need to consider the reality first and foremost.

7. kaos

sorry..and i appreciate it i didn't mean to piss off anyone i was just talking about the thing i am most passionate about other than my wife and thats transformers ..as for the all caps it was an attention getter and not meant as yelling... i respect this site and view it as the best place to go for my transformers information and would never intentionally try to piss off anyone especially those who are as passionate about transformers as you guys...once again i apologize if i offended any one...i told tony i was not picking on him.... i thought he was willing to exchange points off view and willing to talk.....i will erase my remarks and thank you for understanding my side.....once again sorry if i angered anyone....

8. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Wow Kaos....you really are ballsie aren't you. If a Mod feels that it is necessary to edit and or delete a post in any thread, then there is a reason. That does not give you the green light to post what you want afterwards. I even modified your post telling you not to do so, and here, you re-edit it and put your words back in.

Just in case you aren't familiar with the rules that were cited that led to the removal of the post(s) let me point them out to you:

1. No trolling, or flaming.
    Any form of personal insult is a no-no. As a basic rule of thumb: if you think that what you are about to post is insulting, don't post it.

3. No harassing board members.
    This goes for either in posts on the boards (see rule #1) or in private messages.

And now let me add to the list, the rules you just broke by re-posting your comment:

14. No mouthing off at staff.
    If you have a problem with a decision a member of staff has made, PM them.

21. No public discussion about rules or administrative action taken on members.
    Concerned about the rules? Did we discipline someone or move a thread? PM us about it if you have questions. Neither are appropriate topics for public dialogue.

Please, do not do it again.

Plowking - Radicons Staff

9. kaos

SORRY.......I thought it was opened for debate...i just wanted a warning before i was but on blast...thats all nothing else.....

10. DigitalDreamer

DigitalDreamer Well-Known Member

this just looks amazing

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Moderation action may be discussed in PMs, but not on the board (as plowking clearly illustrates that it is a violation of forum rules). There is no need to repost something that was removed. Also, just because a thread is moderated doesn't mean that anyone is "mad".

This thread is about frenzy_rumble's Defensor custom, not the Air Force (unless it directly pertains to this project) or who's giving who respect. You're more than welcome to start a discussion on TFW2005.com or even in Radicons "General Discussion" concerning all of your expertise regarding the Air Force. Let's keep the discussion rolling concerning reactions to frenzy_rumble's Defensor :thumb 

12. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    as usual, great work-- i'm always excited to see what you have cooking. it looks like you've been going with different feet with each gestalt. i'm feeling defensor feet a bit more than i did mensaor's, if it means anything. tell me bruticus or computron is next!

13. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    air force? c'mon lol.

Anyway, a few of you guys PM'd me asking "what color eyes did the winner pick" and in agreement with the winner, Defensor will get the BLUE eyes.

Winner of the auction also commissioned something I will try to keep secret until complete, but it's a gestalt, and something very unexpected!

14. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:

I still think one red and one blue eye strobing like a light bar would rock! :rock  Any hoo, Congrats to you F_R and also the winning bidder! :thumb 

15. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

For your information KAOS, F-R's Devastator was advertized as being Transformers The Movie Devastator version. As for malsMP Dev, I don't remember how he looked.
    I'm sorry that your not one of my fans but I'm sure I went G1 all the way between cartoon and toy with my Devastator.
    As for those who want a combiner without any added limbs, I'm not sure we'll see any of those that will look decent.
    Sorry F-R if I derailed your thread.. I just wanted to point something out to Kaos. I can understand he's a fan of yours

16. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    My Superion is actually looking pretty good bro, but we will see. ;) 

I say good choice by the buyer I liked the blue myself the best too.

17. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    My combiner too. :thumbs2: 

18. kaos

i am a big fan of all of you guys.....you guys produce the most amazing customs that i personally never thought could be done......if i befriended you @ this website im a fan.... most of my Friends are kitbashers because i respect the hard work that went into making their creations...i know personally i could never produce anything remotely close to what you guys can do so in return i visit this tread and comment on who i think does a good job that is all....YOU ALL DO GREAT WORK yall make this old transfan happy and proud that this is still going strong (transformers) and i hope transformers stays around till im a 100 cuz i truly am a fan from the bottom of my soul i am a fan... as for the devy comment i'd didnt say urs was bad...i give parts of my anatomy to have ur devy i just thought mals was great and the best to date :confused: 

19. primetime109

primetime109 special ops medic

DUDE THAT IS JUST... :cry  AWSOME

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.