Defensor... Complete! (part 6 of 6)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by frenzyrumble, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caretaker27

caretaker27 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    looks amazing as always, i like how you positioned hot spot.

I was playing around with my RID prime and figured out something, the legs on your hot spot separate because the front end of the truck is not in the pegs on the shoulder area as it would be during the full transformation. There is too much tension pulling them apart. Like you said though the chest plate will cover that up nicely.

2. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    God if I were rich I would have you make each combiner you have made thus far. I even have most of he figures you have used for most of the combiners lying in in my spare parts bin.

It's just simply Amazing work. I would attempt stuff like this but I am no where near ready skill wise to anything beside muck it up.

3. AutobotPunk 2.0

AutobotPunk 2.0 Well-Known Member

freaking sweet

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    could you show us a picture or two that aren't from the front of the combiner, please?

5. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wait! Why isn't devastator green anymore and whats up with that helicopter devastator doesn..... Oh I see, but the wais... no? .... ok ..... and the forea.....no? ......but I... erm... nevermind.

Nice work on the paint Mikey. My feelings for your combiners as a whole though, is pretty much summed up above unfortunately.

6. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

damn, harsh. Not that i dont see what you mean though

7. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Shoot, harsh wasn't what I was really going for, more like comedic truth. I have always liked F_R's work but when certain things are just done pretty much the same, instead of something fresh and new like I know he is fully capable of then I would think more would take notice is all.

8. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    I think its mostly the heads that bothers me the most. So far they all have visibly similar heads with small additions to tell them apart, which after all the effort he's put in the individual bots heads, is kinda... well, for lack of a better word, disappointing.

Also, Defensor's hip area kinda looks weird proportion-wise. I think Dak hit it on the nail with his comments.

Paint job be bitchin' as always though!! Real nice! And he talks too! Hard to top that.

I look forward to your Bruticus, F_R. Coz, i know fo' so, you can't use the SS head for that one, and i can't wait to see how you tackle that :D 

9. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Superb. As ever, you get props for knowing the "Triple A" code that results in a great Transformer... Articulation, articulation, articulation ;) 

Exceptional work as always, great stuff.

10. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    amazing work!
    It's a shame you didn't keep Devastator or Mensor because it'd be awesome to see them all together

11. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Anubicron TFW2005 Supporter

Awesome, very very cool. Congrats man and keep the good job.

12. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    It's looking like the commissioned Predaking, the Abominus, then Bruticus, then Superion....that's my "plan"

But Hasbro does. They have designers I bet making a little more than I do. Actually, I'm sure of it.

You'll most likely see shots of it next summer. I am making mods to it, and then most likely auctioning it for Halloween of 2009

Thanks Sabby! I agree with the midsection's proportions, but the huge chest is huge chest, and to accomodate the rest of the gestalt to meet that width would be eons of work I wouldn't want to take on right now. Consider "big chest, small waist" my style ;) 

Thanks for taking note on that. It's one of my goals to shoot for a "friendlier" look, even though he's so massive and scary big. I think the color choices help a lot, and the big hands and expanded eyes help also.

Thanks man, means a lot coming from you, he's my favorite by a longshot. I think I've got the engineering down to make a solid combiner. This one is so tighly put together, you can pick it up by it's arm or leg and nothing comes apart.

Thanks! Those were a last minute touch, I wanted to give the appearance that the legs came from Hot Spot when in Defensor mode. I pulled them off a random Constructicon, hope he doesn't mind.

Hey! they hate me as it is. I hope to one day be working for them, as I wouldn't mind moving up to their headquarter's and giving the fans some killer toys.

I was thinking that's the problem....The flaps that cover the areas where the feet go into don't go all the way down, they need something to click into position. Wasn't an issue until the delay on the chest peices. I see the 2 plugs where the pegs would hold the halves together. Well, the chest piece will cover the gap up top.

fo so, hopefully I can get the chest parts today and wrap up the shots of him too...

Do you mean in regards versus other gestalts I've done? I made some changes to the head, but perhaps next one I will do more.

To the rest of the comments and compliments, thanks a million guys. Again, Defensor was a huge learning experience, and I hope it inspires some of you out there to think bigger.

13. spawnofunicron

spawnofunicron Well-Known Member

AWESOME TO THE MAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But seriously really nice it's as great as your other combiners so what combiner will you do next?

14. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    man i wish i had the cash to buy him he is awsome. i love it.

15. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

truly a work of art..that is f##kin awesome!!!!!

16. Fallen

Fallen can not resist lilformers

:jawdropper: :bowdown: :jawdropper: :bowdown: :jawdropper: 

:cry  ing of happiness!

17. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

In terms of combiners you've made, I think this is your best. A lot more detail in this than Menasor. Great use of the RID Prime armor. Was this the biggest pain in the ass for you when compared to Devastator and Menasor?

18. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    WOW!:jawdropper:  F_R
    This is sooo unbelievible!
    WOW!
    i cant believe how awsome this looks
    Everything from the head - toe!
    i like how you used the Firetruck kibble to make his hands!

19. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Yeah. I think that the Supreme SS head design is still rather prevalent, even with the mods you did to differentiate them. But eh, what do i know about modding anyways? :D 

Man, Predaking's gonna be awesome, if he's next...

20. spikebuster

spikebuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    HOLY SICKNESS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.