Defenses

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RedWolf, Jul 7, 2011.

1. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Optimus mentioned much has changed in the years since ROTF. Besides Energon detectors are defenses.

What defenses? Missiles? DEWs? Railguns?

The shuttle strapped on the Xantium may be part of that. Though it may be impractical I thought it would've been cool for Discovery to have a rail gun at its cargo bay.

2. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What I found strange was that they were able to find the Dreads by detecting their Energon readings.

If that was the case, couldn't they have used this tech to locate Sentinel sooner?

3. RedWolf

Before or after 200 Decepticons came through the bridge?

4. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Before. After he'd laid waste to NEST Headquarters and made off with the pillars. By the coloration in the sky, it looked like he had disappeared for 4-6 hours before Optimus found him.

5. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Sentinel trashed Nest HQ so I doubt they could have tracked Sentinel to Chicago. hence why Mearing and Simmons weren't in Nest HQ during the final battle but were at the pentagon.

Also before anyone brings up why they couldn't find Megatron. Megatron and his camp were in the middle of no where Africa. I doubt Nest had time to plant Energon detectors in Africa.

6. RedWolf

ROTF does provide a plausible explanation. Megatron was beating the crap off Starscream for loosing track of Sam and the Autobots with him. Starscream saying the Autobots dampened their energy signatures. This could be similar to Seekers whose radiation was negligent that they are ignored by Sector 7.

Those Energon detectors looks to me work in a line of sight fashion of cell towers.

It wouldn't surprise me if Soundwave manage to manipulate or sabotage them.