Defective Animated Soundwave

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by cmolai, Oct 29, 2008.

1. cmolai

cmolai Destron

Seriously am i the only person who had a problem with the chest piece on the ani Soundwave? in the instructions step #7 the chest should slide up into plce in line with his shoulers, mine just sits low and wont budge upward into place. Is this the only case anyone has heard of or maybe i didnt search the forums well enough. Can someone please help me out with this?

2. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

You have to play with it. Kinda pull away from the chest and up, its a real tricky step

3. Incesticon

Incesticon WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

I thought I had the same problem with mine, but then I thought 'fuck it' and just shoved the thing up really hard. It worked and now he transforms fine. I found you just need to apply a little force to the right place - just under the chest flap thingy. Hope this works. It's a bit weird applying so much pressure to a toy cos you worry it'll break but it really did work for me. Just make sure you push it in the right place!

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It's a little tough, as the joint there is a bit too tight, but once you get it a couple of times it gets a little easier to do. Definitely NOT a defect.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It's a slightly stubborn piece as people have already said. You need to work it a little, once you do it once it should be easier to see where the piece is to move it.

6. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Most stubborn piece I've had to deal with in a while, just a bit of pressure and you're good to go.

7. cmolai

cmolai Destron

Thanks to all for helping me solve this mystery of mine. I should go back to wal mart and pick it back up because i traded it in for swoop instead.So that means i slide the whole thing up? is it on a track or am i trying to make the hing fold all the way up?

8. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

Like what was said, his chest piece is tricky, both going into bot mode and then getting it lined up right again in alt mode.

He's a great toy though, just yeah, his chest is too tight. And you have to keep it centered sometimes it likes to tilt/angle to one side which makes it even harder to move.

9. Incesticon

Incesticon WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

Yeah slide the whole thing up. Don't try and fold the hinge too far - then you will snap it! hope this makes sense! Let us know how it goes.

10. cmolai

cmolai Destron

I will thanks again!

11. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    I dont have Soundwave but my Ratchet had the same issue with that chest piece not wanting to budge

12. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

yeah Ratchets tight too. It took real force to snap his "gut" down into place the first time. A ridiculous amount of force actually.

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    It's got like a weird little double hinge on one part that connects to the body and then the chest plate is also hinged off that. It just means that when you try and hinge one part the other parts wants to go too and it gets in the way. Try and pull the small hinge underneath connected to the body near the middle as it really does feel like you may stress or even snap the part if you pull from the edges.
    What you could do if you get stuck and aren't sure how everything moves is to undo the two screws under the front chest flap and remove the inner part to better see the problem hinge underneath. It's what I did to better undertstand it myself. Once you've manipulated the hinges a few times they loosen up a bit and it makes it all move easier.

Screws circled in red. Hinges at arrowpoints.

[​IMG]

Hope that helps. :)