Defeating the Decepticons

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Seeker, May 1, 2008.

1. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I'm guessing the present generation of Autobots may have forgotten about what it took to defeat a Decepticon. Starscream for instance can shrug off their best blows and weapons but his weapons are devastating. But then again if they follow the original series story in some parts the Cons are more oriented towards combat so they would be naturally tougher. If that one con (starscream) is so bad imagine what a army of them are like? I wonder how the autobots defeated them in the past.

2. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

As Megatron said, the Space Bridges. If you've played Command & Conquer Red Alert, it's basically the chronosphere. The Autobots could 'teleport' around and outflank the Decepticons.

3. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I had forgotten that. Thanks for the info. So I guess the ancient autobots like their G1 counterparts had to use the brains to overcome the con's brawn.

4. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Not mention a good dose of Guardians if we are to believe the archive footage in the premiere.

5. Particle_Beam

Particle_Beam Well-Known Member

Then again, consider that the Decepticons we have seen by now are most likely the elite of the elite on the side of the villanous Decepticons. There has to be a reason why Starscream was second-in-command to Megatron, why Lugnut and Blitzwing accompagnied the supreme leader of the exiled. Blackarachnia of course could simply have been part of Megatrons personal team because of some advanced knowledge, as she was an Autobot Academy trainee, after all. But the three others have to be strong enough to be useful for Megatron to serve on his personal flagship. And Megatron as the mightiest of all Decepticons is a no-brainer. It's quite possible that there might be cybertronian Decepticons who are far below the combat capabilities of these Decepticons.
    Megatron and his personal loonies might just be the paragons of all Decepticon warriors, not necessarily the norm.

6. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember an interview a while back that said the Decepticons in general were all war machines and stronger.

7. Particle_Beam

Yes, but that doesn't mean that all Decepticons are on par with Megatron and his personal vanguard.

8. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure their supposed to be. I wish I could find that interview now.

9. Particle_Beam

The interview told of the Decepticons depicted on the show to be superior in combat to our beloved Autobot heroes, which as I mentioned so far also almost all happen to be those close to Megatron himself. Exception being Lockdown, who was surely quite sneaky, but rather defeated them with gimmicks and trickery, instead of raw force, like Lugnut, Blitzwing and even Starscream did. And Soundwave, who is earth-built, and got smashed down after one blow by Bulkhead.
    Now, it might be interesting to see how good other non-earthen Decepticons might be who aren't accompagning Grand Megatron himself. After all, strenght and tenacity is what the Decepticons look up to, and Megatron has more of that than Starscream.
    I'm just saying that not all Decepticons have to be as powerful as Megatron and his personal gang.

10. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Hmm, I rather like this theory.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    That's what I've been thinking. It would make sense that they would be the only group activly looking for the Allspark anyway.