Dedicated to all those guys who sold their TF's for their woman!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by juise, Apr 17, 2008.

1. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I did this for all the guys who sold/reduced their collections for their women. The guys who have to keep their collections in the basement or in the garage. The guys who hide their new Transformers and boxes when they get them. This is for you!

This is our master bedroom. The shelf is 10"x12'! Its so big the camera cant get it all in one shot.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Boy I sure hope nothing falls!

2. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

Gimme.

3. wipeyourfeet

wipeyourfeet Winner of the Internet

News Credits:
    I love Classics Mirages pose, all dancy like.
    Nice collection, its full of win for oppressed Transfans everywhere

4. juise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks! It's not my full collection though, but it's everything I could squeeze on the shelf.

5. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Great BTs and customs!

6. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    nice collectoin man.....and stand strong, don't let her talk you into selling your collection. I had to sell my entire G1 collection except for Fort. Max last year and it killed me. Now all i have are some classics, pvc's, and Fort Max.

7. Jaekwong

Jaekwong Well-Known Member

it sucks how so many women can lead a man in the wrong direction... away from his pubescent fantasy of spending thousands on action figures....

sadly this is the truth...

its time we men started taking a step.. and make the woman understand your addiction.... that your addicction isnt an addiction... but...a dream.. a life goal.

best tip for men out there. don't hide it when you first meet that girl. the first day you go out on a date or coffee or dinner.. throw it out there taht you are proud of your dreams. and that you are one of those rare men who have stuck by your dreams and pursued it!

... damn women..

8. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I used to have my toys out like that. Than I had to spend hours dusting. Also I have a lot more sex now that there aren't hundreds of figures watching.

9. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

They look like they're standing in line for battle...

10. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont get it. What if you told your girlfriend they had to sell all their makeup and shoes and stuff? Would they do it?

11. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    u speak truth my brutha! lol......

12. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

i know its shameful, im doin it right now actually. i guess there just comes a time when i have to downsize, but that doesnt mean i cant splurge on animated :)  the future has no rules yet.

13. juise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah that's not going to happen. Short of falling on hard times I will not sell my collection.

Thats what I was trying to go for. Although it looks much better in person. I may thin it out some, I don't know how much I like the clustered look yet.

14. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Yeah, Im sorry, but all the time I spent collecting these damn Tfs after, not being ale to have the ones I wanted as a child.... If a woman asks you to sell your collection for anything less than a dire situation, that's not love, it's selfish. This is my hobby.

Oh and that's a damn solid collection holmes. Lots of my favorites in there.

15. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Haha, losers.

16. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

What if you get rid of your collection for your woman & then you eventually break up? I wouldn't give up my collection for a woman because as long as there isn't a fire my collection will always be there, but with a relationship you never know from hour to hour.

I just don't understand anybody that thinks their relationship is a "sure thing" and is willing to part with their collection just because "she said so".

On a side note, that's really wicked how G1 Laserbeak fits on MP Megatron's shoulder. Almost makes me wanna order a MP Megatron (almost).

17. juise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was wondering if anyone would notice that. I was looking for a place to put Laserbeak, I set him on Megatron's shoulder and he sat there perfectly. No balancing or finagling required

18. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my wife only complains when I leave transformers somewhere they shouldnt be, um like the bedroom. I have an office where i have 4 book cases filled with my collection.
    I dont understand the idea of selling your collection for a woman and then complaining about it. If your broke and your family needs money you better sell those damn things its your fault for not bringing home the cash. If your girl just wants to do different things with the money like, get married, or buy a house, then you should be honest and say the toys are more important and then you can watch her leave you. If she doesnt want to see them at all then you probably werent clear about the type of person you were when you started dating and should end the relationship

19. juise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    See, thats what I don't get? It's your house too, it's also you're bedroom, so why does she get to dictate what you have in there? Why must your stuff be confined to your office, or "your space"? That would never fly with me. We're not talking power tools in the bedroom. My financee can put whatever she wants in the bedroom (or anywhere else in the house), and so can I.

20. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its not a matter of it being my house or hers its a matter of things going were they belong. Its really not a toy issue so much as design and cleanliness issue. Some people, like us, hate when things are left in the wrong room or not "put away". She hates when it leave comics on the toliet and I get mad if she leaves the phone off the charger or in another room.
    I just consider a bedroom neutral ground. Its where me and my wife wind down at the end of the day together. So theres no real reason i can justify having them in there.

But every couple is different. Look at that one guy doing video reviews of the animated figures. His chick holds the camera and actually worries about getting a good shot!!!