Decoys - worth anything? Utility? Just worth having?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ops_was_a_truck, May 7, 2006.

1. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Hey guys. I recently picked up a Cliffjumper decoy while at a vintage toy store in Maryland. Ebay has most of the decoys around $2-3 bucks, so I assume they're not worth anything phenomenal in terms of the resale market.

Do the decoys really capture anybody's interest in a major way? Are they worth holding on to? Does anyone collect them as part of their "themed collection?"

...and does anybody really want to trade for my Cliffjumper decoy? I don't really want/need/have an interest in him.

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Was wondering the same thing. Own a few and wouldnt mind collecting. See some for 2$ and some for crazy amounts of cash.
    Always thought they were pretty cool, in that M.U.S.C.L.E. sorda way

Guess there's a bunch of chase and rare versions.

Anyone have a Decoy checklist with pics?

3. ErikB

ErikB TF Master

the autobot decoys are all red, the decepticon decoy are red or purple (the rarer color). retail value right now is about $2-8. the purple decepticons are around 10-30% higher in value (it changes a lot). Ravage seems to be a good one to get. The japanese giftsets are the most sought after i would say, not real sure though.

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For me they're interesting to collect for characters where you like to collect multiple incarnations of the smae character (like Prime or Megatron, for instance)

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've got Prime and Long Haul. Nice little oddities, and it IS another Prime after all!

6. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've thought about grabbing a few now and then since they are kind of cool, but then I've already got all the HoCs/PVCs for my mini statue needs. If I ever really run out of other stuff to shop for maybe... :p 

7. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I don't know about them being woth a lot, however I think they are cool little side items to TFs. I have the three japanese gift sets of the decoys and they are my favorite non transforming vintage stuff.

8. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I've got the optimus one, as part of my g1 optimus collection