Customs: Decisions for Voyager Ratchet

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Taiga_Shinjiro, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Taiga_Shinjiro

Taiga_Shinjiro Active Member

Ebay:
    Welll....

Decided to repaint and/or mod my Rescue Ratchet. The paint apps (or lack of paint) annoy me more and more as time go on......so time to repaint/kitbash!

I was initially thinking that the mold could fit Rodimus Prime.....

before I start about mod ideas and paint schemes I was wondering if any other "chunky" Autobots/Decepticons might work for the mold?

I know Rodimus isn't exactly chunky but I'm thinking the alt mode might resemble Rodimus.
    So yeah, big, muscular characters before I decide to do Rodimus?

^_^ All ideas considered

Riiiichard

2. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    I vote for Roadbuster, he was pretty Hummer-esque before Hummers even existed, and he certainly suits the bulky-bot bill.

And he doesn't get nearly enough love.

D/L

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Did you see the soundwave in the repaints forum?

4. Taiga_Shinjiro

Ebay:
    Yeah
    Saw Soundwave but I didn't really want to rip someone else's idea off, you know?

I'd been thinking Movie Ratchet would make a good Rodimus.....I have a few ideas that I think might go well.....

? Roadbuster?

Finding it very hard to get the head off of Ratchet.....needs to be unscrewed and dammit, the screwdriver I'm *missing seems to be the one thats sized properly for his head >_<!

5. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Roadbuster. He has been lacking the love somewhat - even Whirl's had some reissues courtesy of Universe and the Legends, but not his buddy Roadbuster. The closest he's got was the unreleased Botcon rework from E-Strongarm. I'll vote for him.

6. Taiga_Shinjiro

Ebay:
    Looks like I might have to go with Roadbuster, then.....

Unless there are any Decepticons that spring to mind?

7. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I did a Hound of one, but a Brawl or Trailbreaker would be cool. Or, ohhh...an Inferno!

Wal-mart has .99 cent precision screwdrivers in the hardware section. They don't seem to last too long, but the largest phillips head size will do it for you :thumb 

8. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I was planning a Roadbuster for this mold myself. He's big, bad, military and all-terrain. I think he only really ever got any attention in the UK comics... he was one of the TFs based on on mecha from well-known Japanese anime, so he never appeared in the TV show.

Trailbreaker would also be a good choice. He always seemed a bit on the big side, though not necessarily powerful... just awkward. Which sort of fits his personality; he's jolly, but conceals a deep-rooted self-esteem problem. Also, he's a noted fuel guzzler, so that fits well for a Hummer. :) 

zmog

9. Taiga_Shinjiro

Ebay:
    GueSS the majoriTy ruLe.

Roadbuster winS.

And i'm doing my Voyager Prime into a Scourge (basing it off the RiD mold) ^_^