Decisions Decisions... Laptop Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mechafire, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm getting a new laptop, but I have a few choices. I can get an Inspiron 1525, Inspiron 1720, or a Studio.

I would like to know if any of these have the shitty ass Alps touchpads. I hope to god at least one of them doesn't.

Thanks!

2. Optimus Kharnal

Optimus Kharnal Well-Known Member

Not sure which is better on those dells, but just buy a mini wireless optical mouse.. I don't know what i'd do w/o mine as I hate all built in laptop mouse pads.

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Ask Cdnshockwave , he just did a similar thread and got all kinds of feedback.

Or tap into the matrix whatever and visit streck in his Tron like lounge

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

All laptops, as far as I am certain, have touch-pads... so you should probably get a wireless mouse alongside the laptop.

As for the particular model you want, why not compare them with each other in order to determine which one is right for you and worth your money.

5. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have three - 2 gateways and an IBM thinkpad. The thinkpad is a work laptop, and it is the BEST computer I have ever owned. I will never own another gateway, and I really think my next computer will be an iMac.

EDIT: that really had nothing to do with your question. Sorry. I wasn't paying attention.

6. Elvin Pena

Elvin Pena <b><font color=red>CyberCon is #1!</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    I've been using Dell Latitudes for many years and have never had any problems with the Alps pads. Just make sure you've got the latest firmware and drivers all around and you should be all set.

Their E6400 is a fantastic machine, but if cost is an issue their Vostro laptops are quite good as well.

If you want to look elsewhere Lenovo's ThinkPad T-Series and R-Series are great.

7. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I'm using an Inspiron 1525 right now. I like it. I don't have any problem with the touchpad. Only problem I did have, was the hard drive and DVD burner failing 3 months after I got it. Dell replaced both the next day.