Heavy/Scratch: "Decipticons, Transform and Rise Up!"

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by skeith09, Dec 15, 2010.

1. skeith09

skeith09 Well-Known Member

hello Radicons
    well today I share with you my take on Classics Megatron
    now before I get to the nitty gritty I want to give credit where credit is due,
    cause my methods and ideas came from 2 sources on how to do this long awaited idea that I been itchin to do lol

first thanks to vidmouse for his version of a Megatron using Vector Prime:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/315897-vector-megatron-vidmouse.html

and to Joey_Santana for his also awsome take of Megatron as a Combat Helicopter:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/331834-combat-helicopter-megatron.html

ok then,
    now I loved Megs from G1 but the idea that he transformed into a gun
    (wether it be human scale or for his fellow decipticons to grab and use...
    *CAUGH*Target Master*CAUGH* XP ) always Annoyed me and didnt care for it.And I always thought he would be better as a Tank or just something else...
    Then we had Transformers Animated where he was a bad ass attack copter!
    AWSOME but again looked more toony then most Transformers such as Classics or universe.
    so~
    using the 2 above as research, I got my hands on a Vector prime and Bulkhead.

using epoxy to cast a mold of vectors head and more epoxy to mold it and then trim down and shave a bit here and there.I made a Megatron ish head/faceplate of sorts.
    Then super glued to a properly cut bulkhead's head, now taking the place of its normal head/face.As well as use epoxy to fill any gaps in the bac of it thus givin him a full head and fully able to transform like bulkheads cockpit allows.

I also re did the way the copter transforms as to make room for a Cannon from WFC Megs under the cockpit just like in Animated,
    this is done using a small magnet after a lil cuttin where the cannon would connect to wfc megs arm.
    Then clips on the copter usin the magnet to a metal bit already under the cockpit and held by the side parts as shown.Also used another small magnet on the arm so the cannon can attach n bot mode.

iv done most of the painting still need some touch ups but suck at it
    and try to paint the eyes and something to look like lips/a mouth...

im debating gettin rid of the side missle lauchers or not to help it look more G1 ish or painting them black or keeping as is?

any critics or input/advise is welcomed on how to improve the paints or the bot its self

Id like to one day be able to make a decent enough custom, like what I tried anyway to have someone on here say "wow id like to commision him to make me one" lol
    but alas I suck as you can see but im trying to get better ^_^'

UPDATE 12-16-2010:

well got the ab/inside of the cockpit done as best as I can per everyones suggestions ^^

did a lil more touchin up and painted the side launchers black
    still dunno if I wanna keep em tho...?

and fixed the cannon in copter mode to be more in/under the cockpit instead of stickin out like before
    +got a pic of somewhat of the type of attack Copter this megs is to resemble
    so this is a kinda Animated/classics/universe Cross over as it were ^^
    still need to do the final sealin with clear coat on this guy but otherwise im proud of what lil I was able to do ^_^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Interesting take :) 

3. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fusion cannon is cool. I wanna know more about the tape on the windows though. ;) 

4. skeith09

oh the tape is from where iv painted it and didnt want the windows colored
    I might paint them if I decide I dont like the clear windows of a cockpit on megs but after Iv done what I can with touch ups and such ill seal it and after its been sealed illtake off the tape and see how it looks
    ps.
    as you can also see I cut the end off of the cannon to make it more rounded off like

5. AE Overlord

AE Overlord AE Legend

Ebay:
    The cockpit is held in by a tab at both ends and will pop out easyly. you could keep it clear and pait the inside of the cockpit to resemble the center peice of G1 Megatron's ab region. Just and idea.

6. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Nice choices, the overall body shape suits Megatron very nicely, and the head looks great on there! I'm VERY impressed that you managed to pull of such a clean head cast from VP using just epoxy! You're painting is really very servicable, you're well on your way to being a primo customizer for sure!

D/L

7. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    I'de say follow this advice :D  progress until know is freezing cool already

8. VengeanceMagnus

VengeanceMagnus Hero Reborn

looks good, nice work on the head. keep it up!

9. Joey_Santana

Joey_Santana Shockwave fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey pal, really good to know that my take on this mold have inspired you. :) 

Looking good so far mate, I'd just tell ya to keep the original transformation for a more bulk up look and also to paint the windows fully black or even red from inside if you don't want to keep it transparent.

I know i'ts no easy to work with this mold, covering up this stupid green is a tough job and you are doing a great work. Once you do the touch ups it will look really great.

Nice work you did with his head, he looks badass.

About these side launchers, I think they are too big, that's why I removed 'em, but in your case now that they're already painted you better keep 'em right there and if there any way to paint them black it would look better.

Good luck on your custom mate!

10. shapercreator14

shapercreator14 Terrorcon

News Credits:
    you could always take the misslie launchers an put them onto the sides of the fusion cannon to make it look more decked out.

11. skeith09

@Joey_Santana:
    thank you ^-^ im glad your liking where iv gone with it
    I could still get rid of the lauchers on the side without damaging the wings/side panels but im debating on keeping them or not
    I agree they r kinda big for him but at the same time they kinda make him look more attack copter ish in Vehicale mode ><

but yea Ill try painting them black and see how they do
    atm im not gonna paint the cockpit if anything iv just did as others suggested and try my best to do the center ab section there (same metal like inside with 2 red and 2 yellow dots on the control panel in the cockpit) just as megs has on his abs ^^

as for the transformation I tried that but just couldnt get the fusion cannon to sit right on him otherwise so I re did difrent ways of transforming him and this looks as best as I can get + I wanted to make him stand out even a lil from a Reg Bulkhead by doin the transformation lil dif

I am redoin the cannon a lil more tho so it can sit under the cockpit a lil more instead of sticking out under it so much wich will bulk it up a bit under it by using another magnet
    ill post pics again of it when its more done and even try to find a actual attack copter pic to post to show just how bad ass megs would be as a copter of death lol XP

12. ZedzDead

ZedzDead decepticon sabatour

Ebay:
    i think it looks great. i would probably use the megatron head from the special edition deluxe classics megatron. i love the idea. i hope you go back and paint the entire inside of his legs red and inside the hip cannons black. Awesome! Z

13. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

any chance youll be giving him a seto f swords as well?

cool custom man tat seriously rocks

14. skeith09

actually he already has swords kinda I didnt take pics of them but ill show it later

he can use his Rotor Gimick as a sort of Rotating Blade swords in his hand
    ^_- lol