Decide what's NEXT for Lego CITY

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Dinobot Nuva, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
  2. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    That's bull! Nothing but the same old crap.

Give us some haunted houses, burning buildings for our CITY firemen, and a bank with robbers for out CITY cops.

^Now those are sets I'd buy!

Call it LEGO: Emergen-City! or Rescue City! or adventure city!

And yeah, I voted for the City Square, even though all 3 have been done in some way over the years.

And you just know from the looks of the sets, that every one is going to be at least a $100+ set.

3. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    Seriously, call me when Lego does something interesting again. This year has sucked so far.

4. Hound & Mirage

Hound & Mirage Rapscallion

LEGO Transylvania would be cool. Broken castles, old cathedrals, secret laboratories, graveyards, and haunted estates, mad scientists, vampires, and chimeras, ...the works. And a little village with villagers and farmers and plenty of pitchforks and lit torches to go around. And a little LEGO Vincent Price for good measure.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    City? Lego still does city?

I want some cool city stuff, but I always thought of city as the "normal sets" that you bring your MOCs and Transformers in to smash and walk around and all the little people scream and run while cras and trucks fly through buildings.

Hehe. Man, now I want to get some city sets.

6. netkid

News Credits:
    3 words:

LEGO. SPAGHETTI. WESTERN.

Bring back the West!

7. netkid

News Credits:
    They kinda did that near the end of Studios with the 4 monster sets (Mummy, Vampire & Igor, Wolf man, and Mad Scientist/Mr. Hyde & Frankenstein).

8. Crown_Athlete

Crown_Athlete Well-Known Member

The Transportation Depot sounds AWESOME, but I hope it's a bus depot and not more train stuff. Lego needs some good buses.

9. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I voted Truck Stop, loved that stuff as a kid.

We need a legit space theme again though, Mars was a step in the right direction.

10. netkid

News Credits:
    We got Space Police coming.

Damn I wish Exo-Force was still around. :( 

11. Maximum Burn

Maximum Burn JETS AND HELI!! I LIKEY!

OOOH! How about charred bodies to go along with that and you need a crack house for the cops and of course the batons.

The second half of Mars was. Damn I missed out on the switch fighter.

Space police looks like fun but I don't know. Wait until go the actual set in hand.

I did personally see the at-te with the gunship carrier and it's costly...$250 but massive vehicles. although the at-te was a bit lacking.

Anyways, I voted for the train station.

12. netkid

News Credits:
    That's not why I said that. Every time we get Firemen and Cops in LEGO City, it's always the same old stuff, just more modern looking.

Helicopters, boats, motorcycles, firetrucks, firehouses, police stations, police vans, planes, etc.

It's never banks or jails or swat vehicles or armored transports or armored bank trucks or burning buildings or something DIFFERENT for a change.

What's the point of a firefighter set if there's nothing to be rescued from? Although, LEGO seems to be solving this problem with their Emergency Rescue theme.

We have the Police crook mini figure, let's give him a bank set to pull a heist. We have the white kitty animal piece, let's give it a tree to be stuck in with a little girl and firefighter mini figures. Stuff like that.

It's just rehash after rehash. Every time. And frankly, I'd like to see something new that's associated with police and firemen for a change, something that's directly associated with their jobs.

But I have to agree with you, crack houses and burnt bodies are taking it too far.

13. Crown_Athlete

Crown_Athlete Well-Known Member

Guess I'm the only commercial vehicle fan on this site. City is the only Lego series that holds any interest for me.

14. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

i voted truck stop. i'd love me a lego 18 wheeler.

15. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

Well, I do agree they should start mixing it up a bit, however I voted truck-stop. I'm a sucker for a semi-truck.

16. Maximum Burn

Maximum Burn JETS AND HELI!! I LIKEY!

Just joking with ya. But I do remember a min bank of sorts back in the day. I don't think having a bank as a set is going to go over so well with the kids since...banks are so plain. Or burning buildings sets with the parents.

But you can always MOC. City sets used to appeal to me but not anymore...just...to normal?

17. netkid

News Credits:
    They could have firemen sets where it's a plain building that then has pop out flames.

You could then launch a missile or something and trigger a mechanism that would retract the flame parts and release translucent blue parts as "water."

But if anything is a first step to start at with expanding upon the city themes I think the kitty stuck in the tree set with the little girl and the fireman mini figures is a great way to begin.

I mean really, since the 90's to now, how many damn Police helicopters and firetrucks can you have?