Decepticon's We Once Knew

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by scourge88, Jun 29, 2011.

1. scourge88

scourge88 Well-Known Member

Just like I thought. Micheal Bay again fucked up great characters. Good thing I knew he would. Can't trust this guy for shit. I had a tiny bit of hope he would learn from his mistakes with The Fallen. But Bay is dumb and he did the same thing to every Decepticon. Shockwave was suppose to be the main villain and bad-ass but he didn't do anything. I like when he said Optimus Prime's name. I thought maybe they would have a brutal fight but nothing.

I was hoping he would kill the wreckers. When they went to distract I thought Shockwave would have his time to shine and take out three Autobots. He didn't do anything and dies like a drone

Soundwave, great design and Laserbeak was genius but again failed character.
    I liked how he was about to kill Bumblebee. The fight should have been longer and Soundwave should have killed someone else.

Starscream, need I say more? He fought a fucking human for crying out loud and lost. Went out like a pussy. We all know Starscream would have fled the battle.

Megatron, great setup at the beginning but wasted. When he helped Prime with Sentine,l that was good. Then he dies fast like everyone else.

Dreads, were what they were suppose to be.

This is why the first movie will always be the the best. The Decepticons are actually threats and not just cannon fodder. I mean it took three Autobots to kill one Decepticon in the first movie. The Autobots were too overpowered. I hope when someone else takes over they do a better job in this area.

2. erjaho0614

erjaho0614 Autbot/Maximal

That's why I'm sort of disappointed in the turn the series took in ROTF and now DOTM. It should be a long, hard slugfest to kill each other, but Bay has made it look easy for certain fights. Although I haven't seen it yet (going possibly tomorrow or Friday), the ending fight between OP, Sentinel, and Megatron sounds like it should have taken up a bigger portion of the end or at least provided more dialogue to flesh out the thoughts and motivations of those involved.

3. scourge88

It should have been.

4. TRFC

TRFC Member

It wasn't so much the length of time it consumed for me, but more the "...we'll find out" comment and then boom it's over in about 3 seconds.

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Yep, let's blame Bay for things he had nothing to do with.

Not to mention the fact that this is a different continuity so fuck whatever came before.

6. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any transformer character fights for screen time they can't all be a focus

7. scourge88

True, but it was handled better in the 1st film. The Decepticons didn't even speak but they were a threat to the Autobots.

8. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the only problem i have with the way the deceptions were treated is we didn't see them capture the autobots

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    My desire to see DOTM has now evaporated almost completely after hearing how the Movie-verse's status quo with regards to Decepticons remains unchanged (possibly worsened, even). I think I'll go rewatch TFA instead, where Decepticons actually posed a credible threat.

10. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I liked the Decepticons as an army/militia rather than a group of characters.

Megatron, Starscream, Shockwave, Soundwave: KAPUT
    Random 'Con blasting (and literally OBLITERATING) humans at point blank: FUCK YES!

They at least made them seem MORE like a viable threat than in the past.

11. daviddt

daviddt Well-Known Member

Theire were no new decepticon characters. Crankcase is a dread like all the other Decepticons. Barricade is cool. I think he kills Wheeljack

12. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    There was that one thing that had some weird praying mantis/Cloverfield thing going on. Only saw it briefly once or twice but it looked pretty cool.

13. sharpy39

sharpy39 Sharpius Prime

News Credits:
    It was Overhaul after he scanned that Trash Truck in Washington DC. Quite a cool alt mode actually.

14. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    I recall a Long Haul style 'con scanning the truck. I've yet to hear of this "Overhaul" in the movies.

15. daviddt

daviddt Well-Known Member

Yeah barricade kills wheeljack. Butt is it Barricade (TF1) our just a random con?

I miss the cons from TF1. They had names. Now all prototypes. The fight were to big. Autobot vs Con would be nice. The fights are hard to follow.

Although I saw Mirage kill a prototype.

You have the see the movie in DVD to fast forward en stop to see all the fighting. (like ROTF, who saw Ironhide on Demolisher)

16. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

Yep that's the one I was talking about earlier he looked really cool. Also for the 100th time the Dreads are completely unique to each other, they only share the same alt mode.

17. Moonhawk

Moonhawk Well-Known Member

My initial reaction to this was.........actually we wont - because this is supposedly the final movie.

18. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

I was absolutely gutted at how Shockwave died. I knew he was going to. Optimus Prime said that he was the Decepticons best assasin. He didnt kill anything! He had a great couple of entrances, but that was it! I am gutted beyond measure. Megatron and Starscream should have survived. Megatron all but kills Sentinel Prime but then is despatched ridiculously easily by Optimus Prime!

19. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

Soundwave killed Wheeljack and then Bumblebee kills Soundwave for revenge.

20. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Barricade and Soundwave killed Wheeljack/Que.