Decepticons, unstoppable in TF3.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Moy, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    sigh. Believe me, I'd love to see the Decepticons unstoppable, but they had their chance for ROTF before their inevitable final defeat in 3. But apparently Bay is bent on the thought that Decepticons are cannon fodder sans Megatron.

Basically their unstoppable moment came in ROTF when they rained down after Prime's death. The trend will no doubt continue in 3 - all Decepticons will die besides Megatron and Starscream or some other "important" Decepticon. Then again, as the likely final installment of the Bayfilms, they could very well die.

2. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I didn't say he WASN'T present...I was saying he DIDN'T do jack shit.

Summary of last battle with SS: Chase Bumblebee, Skids, Mudflap. Tell Megatron: "Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the soldiers brought the body of Prime!" The EMP burst that did nothing more than fry the radios of the local soldiers, which got backed up by Jordanians anyway. Check buildings for Sam, tear off a roof, fire a missile at Sam. Tell Megatron: "Not to call you a coward, but sometimes, cowards survive."

Essencially, he did nothing but flybys, a couple of failed missile launches at Bee and Sam, and some talking.

The cons in this movie got their asses handed to them all over again by soldiers and the Bots, and the Cons were winning the NUMBERS game. It wasn't like Star Wars, where in Empire Strikes Back, the bad guys win.

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

That and the movies have such a horrible pattern of when the Decepticons can actually do something and when they are just inept canon fodder to make one of the good guys look cool.

Frenzy catches the Secret Service off guard and he can take down highly trained agents. When Frenzy doesn't catch people off guard at the dam he can't even handle an old guy, a fat guy, and an idiot.

Blackout catches a military base off guard and even though the base is armed to the teeth nothing can touch him. Get to Mission City and he's taken out with one shot.

Decepticons can take out an aircraft carrier if they happen to land on top of it, but as soon they are known to be there in the desert they are held off then totally wiped out by the humans.

The Decepticons get to take out some nameless extras if they catch those nameless extras off guard, but after that all the Decepticons get to do is die in large numbers. Since we've already done that two films in a row it would be nice to have the third film break up the pattern so that Megatron isn't the only deadly Decepticon once the good guys know they are there.

4. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    To be fair...Blackout took a barrage of missile and sabot rounds...everyone only seems to remember the crotch shot from Lennox. The F22's were firing on him as well as the soldiers.

I wouldn't even call that an attack on the carrier. They were just entering the planet, and so happened to land on the carrier.

5. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

Just follow the standard general trend for any story. As used in the first three Star Wars movie plots.
    #1 start off with nothing, build up, a few set backs then a huge win but a few lingering thoughts of the enemy who wasn't completely defeated.
    #2 Go out, fight hard, get your butt kicked but have hope all the while knowing the enemy is very strong and out there.
    #3 Manage to explain everything, fill in plot holes, pull everything together. And win but with some lumps, bruises and losses. Live happily ever after.

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I hear N.E.S.T. have recruited that My Little Pony girl from the swimming pool scene in the first BayFormers movie so the Decepticons don't stand a chance in movie three.
    And if they somehow did survive that plush onslaught then every newborn baby has been armed with a spoon. The Decepticons may as well retreat right now or face utter crushing defeat.
    Good thing the Autobots came to Earth as they'd never have been able to hold out against the Decepticons much longer by themselves.

7. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    I definitely agree with this....except one thing.....ROTF was never intended to be a "bridge" movie. It was always supposed to be a stand alone film, beginning, middle, and end. That's what the writers wanted, and that's what Bay wanted. This is half the reason why ROTF was dubbed a disaster. If someone was to sit down and watch ROTF without having watched the First, they would have been like WTF? Plot holes, unexplained stuff, etc. Just didn't make for a whole lot of sense.

Clearly if that picture was setup to be a bridge, and if the film actually portrayed what the marketing team set it up as (a Decepticon hooplah of extreme power and victories), then the thrid act would be Autobot redemption. But since the films were not set up that way, the decepticons will alway lose in the end, in every film, no matter what. Shame, really. ROTF had the opportunity to really show how powerful the Decepticons were and stretch Prime's Death and Devastator's Life into the third movie, much like Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, or The Empire Strikes Back. Unfortunately, these are set up more like the Bourne Trilogy than anything else. Each Movie is stand alone, but there are hints of before and after events.

....and as I type this, I realized something glaringly obvious..... If ROTF was NOT supposed to have or need a sequel...then why did they end it with Megatron saying "This isn't over". Oy. Poor decision making.

ROTF is still GREAT for action and special effects, Shia's acting, and john turturro, but boy, did they ever miss the mark with the potential story telling that was staring them in the face.

8. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    In TF1 Megatron was beating Optimus like a plush doll while in ROTF Megs was brought back even stronger and he got the s**t kicked out of him by optimus just because OP has some Jet boosters.
    Yes I would like the Decepticons to be stronger in TF3.

9. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Congratulations, you understand the idea of a sneak attack and why people do it.

10. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    I honestly just wanna see some better epic battles! LESS HUMAN MILITARY it ruins it when a tank can kill a decepticon i dont even think in the cartoons ithappend once....

11. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

I hope now the cons win, with only prime and maybe bumblebee are the surviving autobots who flew to recruit a new army, while decepticons conquer earth.

12. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    Anyone who has seen the TF films will know EXACTLY what to expect, the autobots will slaughter the decepticons.

Any speculation about a possible decepticon take over, or more than one standard autobot casualty is a waste of time.

13. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    To some extent, yes, but not entirely. I would love the Idea of the Decepticons completely taking over victory, at least for a while and fooling most moviegoers in believing the end has come for the world and The Autobots, and then finally the Autobots find a way once again.

It would be nice to see Soundwaves true potential, along with his minions in TF3, this way the military won't be able to communicate to the Autobots, and connection to other countries will also be controlled by SW!

14. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Starscream was only able to take out those jets in TF1 because they didn't expect one of there Fighters to turn into a fucking robot and start destroying them.

Notice after starscream transforms they're able to regroup and Starscream wasn't taking any down on screen. Its like if I were disguised as the enemy and then went ape shit and started mowing down the enemy fighters in the cave/meeting room/dome of evil.

At some point they'll regroup and begin to get the jump on me.

15. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's true, but Starscream teamed up with seekers could easily do more damage, and why not Have Soundwave control communications from the military preventing them to even take off into the air?! That would be nice..

16. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    I want the Decepticons to be a realistic threat. For the past two films, they have been easily taken down by human technology, and haven't been able to really hold their own against the humans and Autobots.

It'd be cool to see them, like... evolve a bit, so that human technology doesn't work against them anymore.

17. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    that's still TBC. ironhide and sideswipe were both shot in the face and then not seen again.