Decepticons so pathetically weak in DOTM RUINS SERIES?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by chonosmoon, Feb 4, 2012.

1. chonosmoon

chonosmoon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Anyone feel this way?

FIRST MOVIE:
    In the first Movie Megatron was so bad ass, that when ironhide and the others almost had to engage them in the city, they retreated right away. Ultimately in the end, Prime was losing a battle vs Megatron one on one and had to use the CUBE to kill him. Also blackout himself was able to level a military base pretty much by himself in a couple hours.

Second Movie:
    Megatron returns and Optimus prime pretty much kicks his ass when out numbered every time except for when he let's his guard down to find Sam( WHICH MAKES NO SENSE for one with so much fighting experience)

In the woods Optimus pretty much kills 2 decepticons and beats up Megatron. Then in the end Optimus wipes the floor with the "STRONGEST AND MOST POWERFUL DECEPTICON" and Megatron.

Not to mention, Devastator another "powerful" decepticon is easily dispatched in a single shot.

Third Movie:
    The Decepticons have an ENTIRE F'ING ARMY!!! A driller and etc etc...
    Biggest grip is, Megatron gets called a b**ch by some stupid female and just takes it. Doesn't even kill her.
    Second only like 7-10 autobots defeat an army of thousands of decepticons and warships. Every decepticon when engaged pretty much drops like a fly.

Which makes you wonder if it was that easy, what was the point of the "great war"

I just hope the 4th movie the enemy isn't so weak, it makes it feel like the good guys haven't really accomplished anything by winning.

What do you guys think?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I've held the same opinion as you almost since day one. Watching the Autobots take on the Decepticons in these films is like, as a friend of mine so aptly put it, watching a wrestling match between Andre the Giant and Lindsay Lohan.

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Decepticons may have won this time if Megatron wasn't an idiot. He should have waited for Sentinel to kill Optimus and then back stab him. Or even if Soundwave wasn't an idiot and just killed all the "prisoners" instead of keeping them hostage for no reason.

Honestly though, I'm not sure how the Decepticons managed to lose at all with an entire legion of giant robot troops vs 9 (eventually 8) Autobots and some humans.

4. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Where to start?

In the first movie, they retreated because Megatron was at full strength and Optimus was still missing. Plus, the objective was to get the AllSpark away from the Decepticons, not to get killed fighting Megatron for no real reason. And Blackout destroyed the base in MINUTES, not hours. But that was due solely to the element of surprise and our military having ZERO idea what firepower would actually be effective or even any real chance to use it even if they HAD known.

In the second movie, Optimus was at full strength in the woods but Megatron had spent two years rusting away in saltwater before being repaired/rebuilt with a lesser Decepticon's parts. Likewise, once again the objective wasn't to trounce those three Decepticons, it was to save Sam. Optimus couldn't find him OR Megatron, so of course he was worried. And then later on Megatron was up against a Prime AND a battle-hardened Seeker all-in-one, not to mention the fairly significant damage dealt to Megatron by the military beforehand. No contest.

And giant-robot or not, WHATEVER gets pounded by a rail gun of that size is just TOAST. End of story. If you disagree, then you just don't know enough about rail guns.

As for the third movie, it's already established in the first that Megatron's willing to keep useful humans around ("Give me the AllSpark and you may live to be my pet.") as well as in the third (letting Dylan live), and Carly had just proven her usefulness in clearly laying out for him what was REALLY going on.

And it wasn't "only" the Autobots who won the battle in Chicago...in case you missed it, the military definitely chipped-in more and more the more they were able to. Plus, it wasn't "thousands" of Decepticons, it was about 200 like they said, the bulk of which weren't actually defeated in combat but sucked into the collapsing Space Bridge instead.

Furthermore, they didn't just "drop like flies" in combat for no reason...they were up against an excellent unit of Autobots and humans who actually knew their weakness and even had special weapons designed explicitly to bring them down. Not to mention the kinda crap leadership and changing orders the Decepticons had to deal with constantly.

I get what you're TRYING to say, but you're mostly just ACTUALLY complaining about things that make sense.

Basically, it's the same old same old.

The Decepticons outnumber them and are big and mean and tough as hell...but the Autobots have better teamwork skills so they ultimately prevail.

5. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I know, I've always wondered something; considering the villain decay of the 'Cons over the films, people always say: What was the point of the Great War if the 'Cons suck so much? and all that.

But if they went downhill over the films as time went on, then surely they were supremely competent masters of warfare back on Cybertron before the films even took place?

Just a thought :3

6. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I seriously think people overlook Megatron's plan in DOTM, that was a work of genius.

7. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk THIS PLEASES GAGA

News Credits:
    I've not a problem with Zergling-level grunts being killed in droves, but what drives me crazy is how easy it is to kill the Decepticon high command.

8. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Yes. I agree with the OP. The Decepticons on the sequels weren't just weak, they were stupid, and most times, failed to even fight back. Soundwave, Starscream Megatron and Shockwave combined to register 2 hits on an Autobot (if we don't include the Sentinel sneak attack).

When the villains fail to put up a fight, it makes the heros less heroic for me.

Not to mention that most of their deaths were very contrived and boring. If Starscream goes out giving them hell getting shot by a bunch of Autobots and humans, If Soundwave gets jumped by the released Autobots, and just tries to take them all on, If Megatron has a reasonable scrap with Optimus, and if Shockwave actually attempts to fight off Optimus, I'd have enjoyed the movie immensely more.

If Sentinel went out like Megatron did, he wouldn't be receiving any of the accolades he gets from the fandom, regardless of what else he did.

9. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    I agree. The Cons's weakening seemed to go up as the movies progressed, though.

(Good example)
    TF1: The Decepticons were badass. Brawlastator was taken down, got back up, and was almost immue to the Human shots. Megatron held out in A FREAKING MISSILE STRIKE. Blackout did well against the fire, until his deathly crotch shot. Barricade also took a beating. Frenzy was shot in the head, and still went on. Bonecrusher was also pretty tough, but not good enough. Scorponok was pretty armoured, too.

(Eh, okay.)
    RoTF: Demolisher took some shots, but they weren't leathal enough. Until Optimus's shot. Sideways wasn't the best, though. (Why couldn't he transform and rip the damn sword out?) Megatron, Starscream, and Grindor all took beatings, but seemed able to take them. The Protoforms were just pathetic, though. But I can see why, as they have no extra armouring from alt-mode. But Long Haul and Scrapper were very durable to Human fire. Devatsator was pretty weak, though. The Fallen put up a fight, atleast.

(My God, what happened?)
    DoTM: Hatchet's head was easily taken off, but I suppose one could argue. Crankcase was durable, taking shots from Ironhide, and being stabbed by Sideswipe. Again, the Protoforms were pretty weak. Soundwave also took some damage before beinbg killed. Starscream did as well. But it just gets worse. Barricade was easily taken out, and too quickly. Shockwave was a prime example of how weak the COns were. Sure, he took a beating, but that doesn't help him. His stoumach ripped open like wet toilet paper. Sentinal also took some damage. Megatron, was the worst in all three movies. Worse than Devastator, worse than The Fallen. Being killed in 30 seconds proves it. Clovercon was also pretty durable, but killed easily.

So it seemed to go up as the movies progressed. But the Cons were also potrayed as stupid, as well. (Seriously, how slow is Soundwave's trigger finger?)

10. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Decepticons were definitely at their most powerful in the first film. They were at their worst in the second film. The third, it’s about a cross between the two. I will say that they’re definitely at their most evil in DOTM. It’s the only film thus far where we’ve actually seen Decepticons murdering civilians. And the Autobot capture scene with the death of Que is rather nasty.

11. Stockade187

Stockade187 Decepticon Junkie

I think its because Bay didn't balance out the faction losses. More autobots should've died....ummm Jolt....ummm 1 or both of the twins....ummm Topspin or another wrecker. They could've thrown the twins in the Russia scene when Shockwave first showed up & let one get killed by the Driller & the other by Shockwave. These battle scenes could've been so much better if they weren't stuck on the "Good guys always prevail" stigma.

12. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    It's stupid. IN TFP also why do the decepticons have a bunch of mindless pussy soldiers and there are 5 autobots

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    That aspect of TFP sucks just as hard.

TFA is the only recent TF series that got the combat aspect right.

14. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

First off- MICHAEL BAY. That explains most of the problems of these movies, yet most of what you are talking about seemed explained pretty well or just plain obvious, unless you just want to dislike these movies that bad.

In the first movie, the humans had no idea at all how to kill cons. They later found that the high heat shells damaged them, then even found other weak points after forming N.E.S.T.
    Optimus was getting fairly whooped by Megatron in the first movie, but he was also fighting in a very populated area of a city and was brand new to earth. Seemed pretty obvious he was holding back some to avoid crazy human death and destruction.
    In ROTF the big fight was in a forest. Not much to worry about so Prime went balls to the walls on the cons, fueled by rage because he had formed a close friendship with young Samuel, who Megatron was determined to dissect.
    Also, Megatron probably wasn't at full strength, being rusty and possibly not at full power after being reanimated by a tiny allspark shard.
    BTW, in that forest scene, Megatron KILLED Optimus.

You say in the end of ROTF Optimus beat the strongest decepticon and Megatron... Did you catch the part where he got upgraded to a giant flying monster with tons of new heavy weaponry?
    The fallen was old as balls, and seemed to be weak and drawing power from wires in his throne. He was awesome, but it makes sense that if he thought only a Prime could beat him, yet Megatron killed Optimus Prime, The fallen wasnt much tougher than Megs. A powered up Prime could rip the faces off the Fallen and Megs.

Devastator was far from the G1 character. The designers even said he was too heavy for his own weight and thus was slow and walked on all 4 limbs. He was just special effects fodder for entertainment. Basically stupid.

In DOTM I thought they did well at giving the Autobots a good strategy (element of surprise, massive human help, etc) but also Prime had an arsenal of new weapons and gear. I don't think the Autobots killed an army of cons at all. Looks like they just fought their way to the control pillar FTW.

there are lots of stupid things in those movies, but the cons not winning, making for a shit-tastic movie, wasn't one of them. Still, i did like movie Megatron and some other cons. It was a shame to see them get murdered.

15. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Feel the same way man. Michael bay screwed up an Im starting not to like him. But I mean megatron should've squashed that bitch.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Because she was absolutely fucking right and he knew it. Thanks to her he had one more moment of glory before he died.

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yes it does.

Doesn't it suck when shows with bumbling idiot Decepticon still put a fight than the Bayverse Decepticon but in most cartoons they can't just kill Decepticon like if they were paper.

Until Combat is even in the live action series, i'm not a fan of the Bayverse series.

18. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Combat was never even. Except maybe in Beast Wars.

Still I think you confuse quick battles with getting stomped. Jetfire-Prime vs Megatron might have ended in a quick series of blows, but they're pretty much evenly trading blows and shots until Optimus manages to twist Megs arm to shoot his own face, which gives him the chance to slice an arm off, and blow him through the wall in a quick motion. The Fallen gets squashed because his hand to hand is clearly lacking, but still the Jetfire parts armor is pretty much wrecked by the end, with a turbine and the cannon arm torn off so it's not like Optimus was untouched.

In DOTM Soundwave does a decent job of tossing Bee around until he gets in close for the justice uppercut. It was just a very quick fight. Because as awesome as 5 minute robot duels are, films rarely have the time to devote to that, nevermind for every character.

19. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

No it's not a problem. Not to Bay. Everyone complains. Soundwaverulls stops watching and Micheal Bay laughs at only one person gives enough of a shit to stop giving him money.

One thing I hate about the fandome is everyone always says "Oh that's decent so we love it." I seem to be the only fan who wants good and not decent for anything.

20. Atlas42

Atlas42 Banned

title made me :lol