Decepticons/Sentinel really evil ??

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MenasorMaster, Aug 5, 2011.

1. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

I dont think so, i mean really. imagine you are a gigantic robot, whats more important your own planet or the planet earth ?? I mean almost everybody would try to safe his own race and own planet before he saves another world. thats also why i prefer decepticons over autobots, to be autobots are tratitors to the cybertronian race, optimus destroyed the most important thing of the cybertronians, the allspark. thats why i see them as traitors.
    I think many people may disagree with me, but thats my oponion.
    OI dont find it logical though that sentinel and the decepticosn want humans as slaves ( though to be honest, what sense makes it for 20 or 30 feet tall robots to have such tiny slaves, i am sure one single tf can do more than 20 humans together in one day. so that doesnt make big sense to me.

2. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    I do agree, i mean just imagine if our world was that f"d up and we ended up on another planet, with the resources to rebuild our home. what would you do? call it quits and say "fuck it. new planet, new life." or, "i want my planet back!"

alien planets can be very different from our planet. we might not like anything.

3. jon5000

jon5000 Tea-Drinker

I think most evil people would justify their actions as good, from there point of view at least. By and large, evil people never realise what they're doing is evil.

Apart from really sadistic types, who enjoy it :S

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I'm with the OP. People love to say that Megatron was responsible for dooming Cybertron, but several of Optimus' actions, such as removing the planet from its orbit in order to stymie Megatron's war effort and ejecting the Allspark into space, are equally blamable. I'd say Optimus has to shoulder some of the fault, too.

Unless my planet was utterly destroyed or something like that, I'd work to rebuild it with whatever resources I could get my hands on. Granted, I'd go about procuring those resources in a civilized way wherever possible. For instance, if I landed on a planet of little bugs who possessed the stuff I required, I'd ask them nicely and settle on a reasonable price for the materials.

5. AllSpark Shard

AllSpark Shard Squirrel-flattener

Both can be right or wrong, depending on the view.

It's kinda Magneto and the Professor X. Both are right, but one is ultimately right, in this case, Magneto.

The Autobots are right in defending Earth from the Decepticons, because they basically want to steal our resources, and they dont care that will turn our planet into pigshit in the process.

The Decepticons want to restore Cybertron, but so did the Autobots, at least in G1 and the movies, its just that their ways were radically different, because Decepticons wanted to restore it and use the power of the Allspark to rule it and other worlds with an iron fist. The Autobots just want to return life to Cybertron.

So, theyre both right and theyre both wrong at the same time.

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Honest question. Has there been any indication at all that the Movie-verse Autobots desired to restore their home world? Because to me, none of them seem to so much as miss it.

7. AllSpark Shard

They did want to do it, at leat Optimus mentions they wanted it ro restore life to Cybertron, at the end of the first film.

One thing I dont like is the ease with which the Autobots embrace Earth and forget Cybertron, its almost like theyre saying "Fuck Cybertron" xD

8. 13 Primes

13 Primes MCU Fan

In the first movie Optimus
    said after the allspark was destroyed
    by sam
    "although we cannot return life
    to our own planet" to me that
    indicated that they wanted it to
    restore their home world :thumb 

9. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    but at least the cons tried to_O ptimus is just "what the hell, its a new planet, and its not destroyed! who needs our crap world of a planet, that WE destroyed! :D " :inquisiti 

10. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I sympathised with Sentinel's reasons for betrayal. Next to his own people, who can blame Sentinel for seeing the human race as lesser in worth, espeically after the 'warm' welcome from Director Mearing he received right after his revival. His intentions to save Cybertron and his own race were understandable. It's just unfortunate that he was willing to sacrifice another world to save his own, and to betray his fellow Autobots to do it. In pursuit of a noble goal, he lost sight of what he was doing to achieve it. Simply, the ends justified the means for him.

11. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Okay, that's all well and good. But we had no further effort in that direction from Optimus and crew after the Allspark's destruction. As evidenced by...

... this.

Was Cybertron such a lost cause, in their eyes? The Decepticons certainly didn't think so.

12. Barricade24

Barricade24 Decepticop Artist

News Credits:
    That maybe, but taking a war to an entire race hardly seems good. I can see why the cons did it but they could have just asked for resources.

But where is the fun in that? :lol 

13. AllSpark Shard

I dont think it was completely dead, I mean, beyond repair.

If it was, they wouldnt have spent all those centuries looking for the Allspark.

And, if a shard could revive Megatron, they could have done so with loads of dead Cybertronians, if they had recovered the Allspark.

Even the shards of the Allspark could have been really useful for that purpose.

Speaking of which...I think that if the Autobots took loads of human-made devices to Cybertron and gave them life with the Allspark, they would have gone mad, no?
    So, they wouldnt have been very helpful in restoring life to Cybertron.

But...what happens when the power of the Allspark touches Cybertronian technology?

Is it brought to life, or nothing happens?

14. 13 Primes

13 Primes MCU Fan

If my world was destroy by war and my kind
    scattered across the stars and i found a planet
    that was being threaten by the same war i
    would defend that world as my
    Home knowing what that war had done to mine.
    and to sacrifice someone else's home in order
    to save mine is not the way, i would Help the new
    world and once the war was over perhaps i could try
    and find a way to rebuild my world but my search might be
    in vain, the people of this new world welcomed us and I will thank
    them by never Leaving their planet to the same fate as mine
    if i am a traitor for this so be it :wink: 

15. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    but lets not forget, The war would have never even started there, if a certain autobot hadn't decided to chuck the allspark into space, now would it?

16. 13 Primes

13 Primes MCU Fan

actually the war stared before that, it's only when
    Magatron went for the Allspark that it had to be Launch
    into space at least to my knowledge :wink: 

17. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think that some Decepticons, like The Fallen, are truly evil, but I think many (possibly most), like Starscream, Megatron, and (possibly) Sentinel, are well-intentioned extremists. Their main intentions right now are to save their species and their home planet. Many of them, like Megatron, are somewhat evil, but they are not all completely bad.

18. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Megatron is Davy Jones: A guy who may have a vague point [Saving Cybertron/hating Calypso because she betrayed him], but it's far too sadistic and cruel to be considered a good guy, he enjoys he atrocities he comits and can't admit he's wrong [though Davy Jones seemed to vague idea that his doings were cruel, but that's beside the point].

Starscream can't really be considered anything other than a cowardly thug who enjoys sadism as well, SS can't be considered a hero by any standards.

Sentinel, yeah, a anti-villain pretty much.

But on the point of the topic: Yes, they are, they might sometimes have some vaguely good intentions in mind, but they aren't, by any stretch of imagination, the heroes of this piece.

Just to make a point, look at The Fallen's plot in ROTF: he purposefully betrayed his brothers [and indirectly killed them all, no less] for no other reason than sheer hate for the humans, then started a GODDAMN WAR that ravaged Cybertron, killing the freaking planet.

But the nail in the coffin of his evilness is the following: If you analyze the whole "Star Harvester Crisis", you can see the 'Cons could have easily moved the Harvester elsewhere, to suck energy from another star, hell it would have been easier because the Autobots wouldn't pursue them nor mankind would stop them.

But NOPE, they decided, just out of raw, contrived HATE for mankind, to kill every single damn thing in the solar system.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It's not that the Decepticons were trying to save their own planet, it that they were going to eradicate an innocent race to do it. Plus, it was a lost cause. So basically they were going to sacrifice a whole world of innocent species for a futile hope.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAno. Megatron and Starscream are both cruel, sadistic and irredeemable asswipes. Sure that's what makes them likable to us, but in-universe they're evil.

20. 13 Primes

13 Primes MCU Fan

THIS 1000000000000 times
    You hit it On the Nail :thumb 
    I like the cons but there still
    Evil :ev: