Decepticon's second in command? Shockwave or Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Jan 26, 2011.

?

Who do you think is more of the Decepticon second in command?

1. Shockwave

23 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Starscream

23 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

How can you consider that obvious??

Starscream asserted his authority over Shockwave at least twice, but times Shockwave fell silent.

2. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I think it depends on which version of the fiction you're looking at -

Toon: Starscream. Shockwave does abdicate to Starscream in "Countdown to Extinction" which indicates to me that in the cartoon hierarchy, Starscream was in fact senior. You never see Starscream kowtowing to Shockwave the way he does to Megatron, an obviously more powerful being.

Marvel: From what I'm reading here, and the little I remember of the comics I had - definitely Shockwave.

And if there was no cartoon or comic, and we're going off the titles listed on the toys themselves - much as I hate to say it, it would be Shockwave. The title Military Operations Commander is pretty specific - the position of Air Commander would be subordinate to him.

I tried to rationalize this to myself by arguing that perhaps shockwave is nothing more than than Megatron's S3 (Operations Officer), but he's not an operations officer - he's the commander which pretty much ends the discussion. And also my attempts to apply US Army command structure logic to the Decepticon hierarchy :D 

3. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

100% reasonable.

4. grimlock_king25

grimlock_king25 Hail to the king, baby

Twitter:
    As much as I think Shockwave is awesome I'm pretty sure Screamer is second in command. Whenever Megs isn't around he is in charge and he is always trying to kill Megs so he can be leader. Shockwave is just stuck on cybertron so can't really be second in command. And for those wondering why Megs would have someone he hates as his second in command well that's because Megs realizes Screamer's skills as a warrior.