Decepticons only speak in robot mode

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by EEVIAC, Jul 6, 2009.

1. EEVIAC

EEVIAC Active Member

First off I'm new here, so don't hate me too much.

Forgive me if this has been discussed, but I noticed something in my last viewing of ROTF. Why do you suppose the Decepticons speak "Cybertronian" when in alt mode, but speak English in robot mode? Furthermore, why do they speak English on Cybertron? )When Megatron is talking to The Fallen.

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    frenzy spoke in cybertronian in robot mode, and it wasn't on cybertron, they were near jupiter and saturn where the wreckage of the nemesis resides

3. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Because the Transformers can't actually talk, per se, in their Alt. modes. They can only communicate through speakers or radio signals. Thus, if the Decepticons are communicating via radio, they presumably speak in Cybertronian code so as to not be intercepted.

4. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

i think its cybertronians manners.
    sit up straight, no elbows on the table, dont talk in alt mode. stuff like that

5. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

my guess: the speech interactions they did on the nemesis would be easier understood in english than in cybertronian subbed in english because of the length of their lines. and the speed of their delivery

6. tehCal

tehCal wherever you are i am not

Because a talking car would look pretty dumb. So they communicate through signals (Cybertronian).

I'm pretty sure the Autobots don't talk in vehicle mode either, from what I remember?

7. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

The Decepticons tearing that small village appart looking for Sam were all talking to each other in Cybertronian.

Alt mode thing... i think thats them communicating via comm links and such not actually talking.