Decepticons Fans and the Bayverse.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by soundwaverulls, Dec 11, 2011.

1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I've been wondering what's the Decepticons fans opinions on the film series are.

I personally like the first film but hate the sequels. The movies sequels lack depth so you just have to watch the awesome fight scenes. But that is were I have a problem. I can't enjoy the fight scenes because most of them are of Decepticons getting their asses kicked. I didn't like them being dumb animals either.

2. Zendai

Zendai Minicon Addict

I hated how easily Megatron went down in the third movie...

3. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I like all the movies, but the way the Cons were portrayed in RotF and DotM drives me nuts. TF1 at least gave each Con their own moment and, apart from Skorponok, some lines (at least a name drop), so there was a sense of individual character. But even then none of the Decepticons are memorable characters, just memorable action sequences.

4. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hated how each Decepticon in ROTF and DOTM got brutally murdered in 2-8 seconds and did not bother to put up a fight. They hardly did anything and were portrayed as generics. In the first movie, most of the Decepticons actually did something and put up a fight before dying (which took them 2 to 4 minutes) I absolutley hate how the Autobots are over-powered INFINITLY in the second and third films with the exception of a few moments.

5. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    I liked the decepticons being more wild in appearence as the movie progressed

6. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

I loved their appearances, I disliked them being killed without a good fight, most of them were "Aim-Shot-Dead" not even a reaction, evasion or smthn like that

7. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

I liked Starscream...he's probably my fav con from the series because he managed to survive until the third film, although I did quite enjoy his death :) 

8. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

I don't care much about the movies, in fact I only watched the first one. But toywise I like a lot of them.

9. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

I thought they were great in the first film.

10. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought they were good. You forget, when you make a movie, it has to appeal to a braoder audience, who a the end of the day, wants to see the good guys win and the bad buys lose/die. I thought they were good in all the movies.

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd have rather a few of them put up more of a fight (Sideways) but the ones we did see for a good amount of time made for some good villains. Particularly the ones like Bonecrusher and Demolishor, who were the center of some good set piece action sequences. They managed to come over as serious threats even though they went down very quickly.

12. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

They´re bad guys. As long as they drop dead and lose, I don´t give them much of a though.

13. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    I wish Cloverjolt had at least one more scene before he kicked the bucket.:) 

14. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    In the first movie The Decepticons felt like a thred.

An evil almost unstopable army of badass motherfuckes and it really seemed like the autobots lost the war to them.

But in the sequels they were all amde out of aluminium-foil and were so easy to kill I kept asking myself "How the fuck did the Autobots lose to these guys? Why didn't they just let Optimus and Sentinel tag-team and go all Kratos on their asses and kill every single one of them in like 12 minutes?"

So yeah they were handeled horribly. It's boring to watch an action scene where you KNOW 100% with out ANY doubt that the good-guys are unbeatable and that there's no way for them to loose.

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

From a Decepticon fan point of view there really isn't much to like about the films.

Most of the Cons have nothing in personality so they are there just to get killed. Even the Cons that get lines don't have all that much going for them in the way of personality.

You know the bad guys are going to lose in American action films, but there should be some feeling that the bad guys have some chance at winning. Sadly the Decepticons keep getting plots that are way too big for them ever to have a chance at pulling it off.

Given all the Transformers stories over the years and the good budget they gave the films I had hopes we'd get great movie bad guys like Darth Vader, Col. Hans Landa from Inglourious Basterds, Doc Ock from Spiderman 2, or any of the other excellent movie bad guys Hollywood has given us. Sadly the movie Decepticons are just nothing but disappointment since they get to do one cool thing and become totally incompetent waiting to get killed after that.

The Decepticons have gotten so pathetic they had to use an Autobot as a villain for Dark of the Moon so it could be more than Autobots and NEST stomp Cons.

16. jazz_123

jazz_123 Banned

This, I like the design but bay makes them to much of coward and they die easily

17. Ultra BuckNutz

Ultra BuckNutz Sharkticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't like how easily they were killed. I like even less how haphazardly they were named. So many iconic Decepticons to chose from and the names chosen were fairly random and given to random vehicles that don't even have any connection to their namesakes. This is probably what frustrated me most with Bay.

18. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

The Decepticons in the movie series generally seem to be treated like the typical bad guys in an alien invasion movie - they're there to be a threat and then be eliminated, not to really be developed as individuals.

I like some of the movieverse Decepticons because there are those that made a distinctive impression on me - Barricade, Blackout, the Dreads....but overall the Decepticons are done very simply in terms of character - they're just the bad guys.

If you're a hardcore Decepticon fan, I can completely understand why the movies would disappoint when it comes to them. I've always been an Autobot girl, but I would have appreciated more time with the Decepticons to give them some character and interaction with each other - unrest in the faction during Megatron's absence would have been cool to see, for example.

I think they could have been written better, given more individuality and character, but I also feel that about the TFs in general.

I also don't agree that the Autobots were overpowered - I think Prime and Bumblebee get too many kills in comparisons to all the others. The others don't have enough fight scenes to be considered overpowered.

But it comes down to the Decepticons being treated as simple bad guy invaders - that makes them seem more like generic fodder.

19. zark225

zark225 The Day Fukr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I definitely would have liked to see more personality for the Decepticons, and longer screentime, but I dont have too much of a problem with them in the movie. I've always been a Decepticon fan and always will be(in just about anything I like the villains). In the first they definitely had much more of a feel of winnnig to them. In ROTF the only time it felt like they might win is when The Fallen activated the Harvester and used his telekinesis powers on the humans. Honestly in DOTM I think the Deepticons really gave the impression they had won up until Megatron came in and stopped Sentinel. Even with Prime's mile long rampage they still had numbers and fought on. But if you like the villains in anything you know they lose at some point so I don't see why the Decepticons should be any different.

20. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You see, you always KNOW the bad guys will lose at the end but, I like them to atleast put up a fight.

ROTF and DOTM had pathetic Decepticons. Megatron killed Optimus in ROTF? So what? He got his little ass kicked the whole fight, he looked weak during it the whole time. Soundwave killed Q? Big deal. 2 minutes later he got OWNED hard without a real fight.

So yeah as a fan of Decepticons the movies blow. Even as an Autobot fan it blows, how can I cheer for the heroes when they're basically stepping on really ugly ants?