Decepticons,do they fall too easily?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by awesomem131, Jul 19, 2010.

1. awesomem131

awesomem131 Well-Known Member

I noticed in the past two tf films that most of the
    time anyone who wasn't soundwave pretty much got their asses handed to them more or less.So the question lies will the decepticons be like they were or will they completely dominate?

2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

You kind of have to wonder just how the Great War could have lasted any time at all the way the Autobots seem to slaughter the Decepticons but other than Megatron and Starscream's one dog fight the Decepticons really don't seem to do all that much except maybe land on top of something.

Prime has a large collection of faces. Not sure what body part Bumblebee collects but we've seen him kill more than his fair share of Decepticons. Other than poor Jazz you have to listen to the DVD commentary to find out if the Decepticons have killed anyone other than some human extras on the set.

Maybe Megatron is just a one bot army because the other Decepticons are so inept they make Waspinator look like an elite soldier.

3. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In a word, YES

4. Skyjack

Skyjack Well-Known Member

Bumblebee kills other bots and smashes their voice boxes! Then puts them in his trunk!

5. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So you're saying BB has junk in his trunk? :D 

6. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    yeah the decepticons kinda die easily...i feel if they only used a handful of decepticons then they would live longer. But since the decepticons always have the numbers they tend to die pretty fast. They don't go out without making their damage though, one guy destroyed a whole military base on his own, and others decimated an aircraft carrier...

7. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    no

8. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well the thing is from the opening of the first movie, it basically says and shows the Cons took over and slaughtered the bots on cybertron.

so why through out the movies they drop like flies is beyond me. of course in most movies the bad guy never wins. which sucks.

9. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Eh, the only time this bothered me is when multiple Decepticons were killed or spanked by a few guns at the end of RotF.

With the Autobot vs. Decepticon fights, it's fine. Let us tally all of the robots who have been defeated or killed:

Barricade: Beaten up, lunch money taken by Bumblebee. BB at least is extra-motivated by wanting to save Sam and Mikaela.

Bonecrusher: Killed by Optimus Prime. That's what Prime does to Decepticon mooks.

Jazz: Killed by Megatron. See above, +1 pathos.

Brawl: Killed by everyone on the planet. Seriously, this guy takes more punishment than any robot in any of the movies aside from OP's JC impression in RotF.

Bumblebee: Blown in half by Starscream.

Ironhide and Ratchet: Two elite Autobots have their shit ruined in 5 seconds by Starscream. HARD. They live but they are out of the fight. And so far Starscream is the MVP of the franchise, although OP is about to take it from him.

Blackout: No disputing, this guy went down like a bitch.

Megatron: OP and the military slowed him down but it took Act of Primus to stop him. OP thought he was going to be dead.

Sideways: Sideswipe killed him, but you can think of it as it taking seven Autobots to bring him down, lol. Besides, the Autobots would hopelessly suck if they couldn't even win sports car-to-sports car combat.

Demolishor: OP and Ironhide took equal pieces out of him, and he laughed off helicopter gunship missiles before that. You know what I'd do if OP and Ironhide were after me? Shoot myself.

The Forest Battle: Two robots died here. One was an unimportant thug whose name Megatron probably forgot five seconds BEFORE he died. The other one was Optimus Fricking Prime. Advantage: Decepticons. Note that at this point Megatron has killed about 20% of all of the Autobots who have ever set foot on Earth.

The Desert Battle: Look, this is just a bad fight for many reasons, and yes I do blame Michael Bay. The whole plot revolved around world governments being afraid of the Decepticons, and then a small task force crushed them. However, Bay doesn't just pick on the Decepticons: Arcee and Jetfire wind up dead as hell. I can't believe they had SCORPONOK take out Jetfire.
    The biggest offender is probably the fight where BB takes out a Constructicon and Ravage. I still rant about that one. That fight is probably half the reason why this thread exists.

The key point is really that, as in all action movies, having characterization protects you from getting killed. All of the Autobots get characterization, but most of the Decepticons do not.

However, who are really the most dangerous 'bots?

Optimus Prime: Has chalked up three Decepticons, the Fallen, and held off Megatron twice.

Megatron: Murdered Jazz (wasn't even a fight), clearly overpowered OP in movie 1, killed him in movie 2 with some help. The only time he unambiguously loses to Optimus is when he's high on Dead Jetfire. Keep in mind, in the original G1 material OP routinely edged out Megatron in fights and was openly admired for his prowess by EVERYBODY.

The Fallen: One of the most powerful Transformers of all time despite only killing humans on screen. Offensive telekinesis = instant win.

Starscream: He tore the heart out of the united defense in TF1 singlehandedly. We see that Ratchet + Ironhide < Starscream.

Jetfire: Murdered Mixmaster. Also his power probably quintupled OP's.

Scorponok: Very resilient, and assassinated Jetfire.

Bumblebee: His "plucky hero cred" let him take chunks out of Barricade and Starscream, deal the killing blow to Brawl, and beat Rampage + Ravage.

Sideswipe: Cuts a tiny mook in half and looks good doing it.

Ironhide: Uh...he talks a good game, and has big guns?

Devastator and the Twins: Tie due to mutual epic failure. Really, more of a failure by the filmmaker as the Twins just disappeared (not that I'd mind, but have Dev kill them or something). Devastator's final tally is one pyramid, and the Twins only managed to kill off their dignity.

10. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

Quoted for truth.

11. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Yes, too easily.

12. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    It is far better for Decepticons to fall easily than to grow old and look like Einstein.

13. Thepower911

Thepower911 Decepticon

Have to say...the decepticons do fall very easily, but to tell you the truth Starscream is actually made the strongest decepticon in the movie, Starscream never died, he cause ALOT of damage between the movies compared to Megatron.

14. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

ARMS! At least Rampage's.:D 

As for the Decepticons falling too easily. Hell yes. That is annoying. The Autobots are destroying them, at least the military is.

Decepticons usually kill 1 or 2 Autobots, a few soldiers, and then get a big explosion.
    I really hope they give the Autobots a run for once. In my opinion, one of the best Decepticons was Demolisher, he HAd to have the Autobots get him!

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I don't think they drop that easily, they merely get ganged up on.

For the most part (the main guys, not the protoform cannon fodder) it seems like they take a lot to kill. You have to tear them apart before they stop kicking, and they shrug off grievous bodily harm like dismemberment.

16. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    The Fallen was, and Prime is a little too powerful.

I guess sort of.

17. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    The fodder bots should never have been fodder.

The Decepticons should have won all those battles pure and simple.

Autobots = Space Explorers, Peaceful, Pacifists, Scientists.
    Decepticons = They do all the hard laboring, and in other continuities they are the Military backbones of Cybertron. I don't blame the cons for wanting to kill every last one of them. The autobots for all intents and purposes are a bunch of corperate fat-cats bossing the cons around and kicking back and reaping the rewards of all their hard work efforts.(as explored in Megatron's Origin story)

But in Bay's Verse they are made out to be a bunch of Bitches.

18. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Yep. We don't really see any Cons wrecking shop, which makes it worse. In the first movie, where Starscream and Megs handled business, it didn't seem that bad. The other Cons were getting shot to hell by everyone, and Megs still gave Prime the blues.

ROTF went EXTREMELY unbalenced. Prime basically kicks the shit out of no less than 5 Decepticons, 2 times he does this while being ganged up on by at least two of the Cons top 3 soldiers (The Fallen, Megatron and Starscream). Annoying, but it's Prime, so it's understandable.

Bumblebee slaughters Ravage and Rampage, and takes no damage. This disgusts me, especially how easily he takes out Ravage. Fan favorite doesn't mean he has to be relentless fighter. This was extremely annoying... he should have at least taken serious damage, hell some damage.

Sideswipe gets a kill. An easy one at that. At least they could have had Sideways do something to fight back. I'm glad the kill was shot well, otherwise they wasted a great bot design. Jetfire absolutely MURDERS Mixmaster, then while wounded, snuffs out Scorponok.

Total Autobot kill count: 7(this excludes Devastator, since he was killed by the rail gun), with possibly more off screen, and Megatron and Starscream got their asses kicked soundly, but lived.

Megatron gets the one confirmed Autobot kill on Prime, but he has to sneak up on a distracted Prime to do so. Arcee is killed by random gunfire. Jetfire kills himself, yeah Scorponok heavily damaged him, but I don't count that as a kill, since Jetfire pulled his own spark out.

Total Decepticon kill count - 2. Only one by a known Decepticon. No Autobots even got damaged or were in any danger.

If the Cons did more damage (ie causing serious injuries to anyone other than humans and buildings) they wouldn't look so weak. Megatron, the Fallen, and Starscream needed to take out or seriously maim at least one Bot. I think the problem may increase in TF3, being that we will likely have at least Megatron, Starscream, Shockwave and likely Soundwave.

Solution: Sacrifice some bots not named Prime, or throwaway Bots like the Arcees. Having Megs or Screamer take out one of the Twins or Jetfire would have strengthened the look of the entire Con army. The bad guys have to do something evil besides steal the McGuffin.

19. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:

Oh man not that scene again, I really felt let down on this particular scene.

I got so worked up with Rampage's menacing design that I knew BB was going to get a good beaten out of him, but somehow BB took him out effortlessly..sigh.:cry 

20. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

Agreed! Bumblee and Jazz may have gotten tagged by the Decepticons..but pretty much the Decepticons had their butts handed to them.