Minor/Repaint: Decepticons Attack!!! My Botcon Set WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by autobotx23, Apr 16, 2007.

1. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I don't have much of a bash budget, so I cut some corners. All and all, so far so good. Some touching up and a lil TLC, and they'll be good to go. I only wish I knew how to scratch build, to take care of Thrust's wings. Enjoy...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. megacron

megacron THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all we need now is sunstorm:D 

3. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    The colours on Dirge and Thrust are fantastic, they really leap out at you.
    Its a bit weird seeing Thrust Sans Turbine-wings, but It would grow on me.

One thing though, personally, I would have left the blue trim off of Dirge's wings, it just looks out of place.

4. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

Someone mentioned it in my Thundercracker thread that Ramjet works fine for a Dirge and Thrust repaint, and now that I've seen yours I'm a believer! Great job. How did you get the wings to turn that way on Thrust and Dirge?

5. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I did'nt do anything...they transform that way off the card. I ran over my spray paint budget, so I used Elmer's Painters markers and a clearcoat with acetone in it, so very little paint chipping. They aren't as high quailty as I would like, but I have been waiting to have all 6 seekers since I was 5!! My fiance thinks I am waaayy to happy about this. LOL.

6. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Thrust turned out really well. :rock 

7. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

:lolol  Okay, I had no fricken idea Ramjets wings turned at the thrusters....:lol  Learn something new everyday...

8. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Me either! Ha! Just did it, and felt like an idiot. But they look cool! :) 

I guess that's what I get for not reading instructions....

9. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Wow awesome repaints. I'm gonna do the same thing, already have a Thundercracker made and two spare Ramjets so I'm almost there. Yours look great are you gonna do a Sunstorm? Oh and like the other guys in this Thread I'm delightlfully surprised to find out Ramjets wings TF that way, this is the first I've seen of that. Is that what it says to do in the instructions?

10. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Or not. There's nothing "classic" about a character that was just invented a few years ago imo. Not sure how, why or when he became such a default figurehead of the G1 era in hindsight.

I'm still trying to figure out why they completely rotate forwards & backwards at the boosters. I thought they maybe popped out to attach elsewhere while in bot mode, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

11. evil ivotron

evil ivotron destroy'em all

great work

12. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Because I used markers, I have to go back and add color to the interior, to get rid of that white in the arm pits/chasis. But the color marker gave it a vibrant red and blue with out looking glossy.

I never read the instructions, I just played with the wings and noticed they rotated. I feel a little smarter now, LOL! I am not sure if Dirge's wings were brown, gold or mustard, but I had brown and stuck with it. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out...it's just cool to have them...as for Susnstorm, if get a Wal-mart gift card for my birthday, I'll do one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

Looked at pics then looked at my Ramjet right away!!! lol

Oh, btw, this works very nice!!! I guess I'll just repaint ramjet like you did without any modifications. It works for me.

14. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Anubicron TFW2005 Supporter

All together looks fantastic!

15. FireShot

FireShot Autobot Recon Team

Oh man...great work!

16. Dream

Dream SEND THE BOOKS!

Because he technically is a g1 character, thanks to Ehobby. And a Seeker, everyone loves Seekers damnit.
    I'm glad we got new G1-era characters, and would love to see Sunstorm released, or a custom made out of the classics.

But anyways, I love those repaints! Good work!

17. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Eh, what's the big deal with that guy? He's a total twink and wasn't important until an eHobby recolor. Besides, I was FIRST with the yellow seeker. I used to play him on a MUSH - his name was Anthrax. And he became a Targetmaster partnered with someone named Genocide. And he was way cooler then Sunstorm. And I named him Anthrax before the Anthrax scares. And I also had another one at TFLegends named Sidetrack. And he had Daffy Duck on his vertical stabilizers. And I don't even know how many times I just typed and. AND I know I probably sound like I'm six but as you can clearly tell below, I'm not. AND THEN?! AND THEN?! AND THEN?!

~Z

18. Dream

Dream SEND THE BOOKS!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND THEN???

You know Sunstorm wasn't even a character till ehobby mades him right?

19. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I remember being little and wondering if we would see that yellow seeker that showed up as filler, but I was big G1 fan when I was little. I dug the story that Dreawave gave him, as a powerful ass clone of SS. So if I can get a Starscream with a gift card (no real money spent out of pocket) and use some extra yellow paint, I'll do one.

I always thought it interesting that the fans created the character, and Hasbro (or Takara...dont know) recognized it. Either way, it's one more for the collection.

20. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:

Its because the original Ramjet you're supposed to have the wings angled back about 45 degrees if you transform him properly, and the rotation joint on Classics lets you do the same thing.