Decepticon Reverb

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimus Prime, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

So I got a Target Exclusive Movie Scout Decepticon Reverb in the mail today, but I was wondering: is this toy going to be worth a good amount of money someday? As far as we know, it's never going to be released in stores, and definitely not in the original movie line packaging. That, and they're pretty much impossible to find on eBay or elsewhere (took me months to get Reverb, no sign of Backtrack or Gunbarrel).
    If I remember correctly, the last time they made packaged versions of toys that never actually got released was with the G2 Stunticons and Protectobots, and they're worth hundreds nowadays. So I was wondering if Reverb (or the other unreleased Scouts) are going to end up being valuable down the road.
    Any thoughts?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  2. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I'm no expert on this, but I think you can bet that anything that is impossible to find ends up being worth much more in the future, especially if you keep it sealed in it's box. I do think that a simple thing such as scout might take longer to increase in value than something bigger/more important, though.

3. Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    The box is kind of banged up, but it is MISB and I plan to keep it that way (unless I can get one with a better box, but I highly doubt I'll even see another one on eBay in the near future). Either way, I only paid like $20 for it, so if it ends up not being worth much, it isn't too much of a loss. Plus it's a really cool deco. :cool: 

4. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:

what easter bunny did you go gang buster on to get that?!?!?!

DAMMIT...I wanted that last wave of scouts...freaking target and hasbro can suck my ass....

5. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry, if I sound ignorant but why and how do we know the'll never get released?, sorry if this has been explained somewhere else but i couldn't find it anywhere.

6. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

A couple things -

I think some of it will have to do with how well or how poorly the movie(s) do in the future. If for some strange reason ROTF tanks or does less than expected, it could effect the value of that figure. Or every TF Movie figure.

However, even with that said there are not alot of movie related items that will retain their value - too many were produced. It's funny just how many soccer moms were asking me about Concept Camaro BB back in the day and to everyone one I said, "No, he won't be worth much". People stockpiled the BB, but no one was stockpiling alot of G2 stuff MISB - so that tells you something. Same concept exists in Star Wars - not alot of peope in the late 70's thought to keep stuff carded.

Plus, your Reverb is a repaint and an obscure character that not alot of people will recognize outside of the fanbase. It's not like a rare BB or Prime that no one got. There's alot of factors in assessing future value.

7. Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    lol, I got it for $15 plus shipping after months of searching the vast expanse of the Internet for one. Better than the $50 I was willing to pay a certain seller for one, but he decided not to sell it. Pretty lucky, too, because Reverb was the one I wanted most out of the three.

They won't never be released, as far as we know, but Hasbro never stated what the exact status of these toys is. They won't ever be released in the original movie packaging, though, because that's done and over with.

Thing is, I don't think many of these were produced. Like I said, I've spent literally months trying to find these and I've only ever seen a couple, including some back when we didn't know they would be indefinitely delayed. I've seen two Backtracks, two Gunbarrels, and four Reverbs, one of which I now own. And this is since the initial sightings of these on eBay way back when.
    Whatever the case, it's still cool to imagine that it's something special.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  8. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, I totally want that guy. DO WANT.

Hope it comes out eventually.

9. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    yeah these are not going to see the light of day i bet....