Decepticon music video

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Inverse Midas, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Inverse Midas

Inverse Midas Jettisoning weight!

I apologize in advance if this is not where this topic belongs; you would think that being a member since 2003, I would know where to put this, but anyways...

In mid-2005, I made a Decepticon-themed music video as my first project on Apple's iMovie program. I thought it was pretty decent for my first attempt, but not good enough to show anyone beyond friends. A year and a half later, my wife has finally convinced me to put it up on YouTube, so I thought I would invite the TFW2005 members to check it out. As I said , it is far from spectacular, but I guess it's ok for my first crack at this sort of thing. Please feel free to leave feedback/suggestions/criticisms.

The link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgOMUT6Opsc

Mods, if this is the wrong place for this, please move it to the appropriate location. Thanks.

2. daMooseVS

daMooseVS Well-Known Member

Not too shabby ^_^ Having seen a zillion & one videos (was going to open a card game/hobby shop & wanted to run music videos feat. anime, so had to sift through a LOT of crap) I've got my own taste, so take my comments with a grain of salt.

+ Stills- man, those were some neat shots, especially toward the end, slick
    + Timing, hit some awesome moments, I always like to look for those where I sit back and say "Perfect!" - found a couple, nice.
    - Chunks of footage, though I usually see this on first efforts. Having JUST watched the movie the other day, it bugs me a bit extra prehaps because I see chunks of footage and know no editing occured for that block.
    +/- Variety, again tied to the footage, it was all from the movie and from the scene attacking Autobot city. Even if the movie were the only source you had, a couple extra scenes also could work in this arrangement. Course, the self-contained nature works a little for it.

One little piece I'll add as I've seen similar uses: the part toward the end, where Prime is shot multiple times, working it so the same close up shot is used, but mirrored, and alternating to the beat. Looks slick on the couple of uses I've seen (Noteably in a little vid featuring Pokemon & Pikachu singing "Bitches" by Mindless Self Indugence - crappy vid quality, AWESOME editing- Pikachu danced frequently to the beat of the song simply by looping one action segment)