Decepticon Matrix

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by -Mainframe-, Aug 4, 2012.

1. -Mainframe-

-Mainframe- Well-Known Member

Link

Why not? What would it look like? Like the Autobot Matrix but with a dark glow?

Matrix of Conquest Link

Attached Files:

2. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I used to like the idea of a Decepticon Matrix but now my opinion has changed. I love that the Autobots and Decepticons were created by Optimus and Megatron (or Optimus's predecessor). With this preference I prefer to view the Matrix not as the Autobot Matrix of Leadership, but simply the Matrix of Leadership. A symbol of leadership throughout the generations of Cybertronians passed down through the lineage of Primes, supposedly the hilt of Prima's sword. I like it being this mythical and ancient symbol important to ALL Cybertronians.

So as such, the concept of the Decepticons making one or having their own feels flat to me. It feel forced and done merely for the sake of balance. Don't get me wrong, I would love for the Decepticons to have some artifacts they hold in extremely high regard; I just don't think it needs to be a Matrix.

Now, that said, I do find the concept of Unicron creating a Matrix for his heralds to be a fantastic idea. Granted this my be a little hypocritical of me, but I assume the Matrix would have been one of the key reasons Unicron was initial defeated. So creating one of his own to empower his own force seems logical to me. And I could buy Unicron creating one but have a harder time believing the Decepticons themselves could make one.

3. -Mainframe-

-Mainframe- Well-Known Member

I would still like to see a Decepticon Matrix.
    Something that would give at least Megatron's group more focus.
    In stead of just a group of bad guys roaming the Universe.

"Unicron creating a Matrix for his heralds".

Like this one:

Link

Matrix (disambiguation)
    Link

4. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with Ryoku the Matrix is older the the factions themselves so their really can not be a con matrix unless its like some Unicron or Fallen artefact

5. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Its a cool idea but I would prefer it if the decepticons had a diffrent kind of item diffrent to the matrix

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I like the fact that The Matrix is a unique artefact - a dark equivalent might cheapen it.

Were I personally to do one, I think the way I would tackle it would be to have a powerful Decepticon create it by gathering the embers of the Sparks of a thousand galactic conquerors - in other words, it is the Matrix equivalent of Serpentor, the sum total of the Transformers race memory of warfare, tactics and conquests, just as the Autobot Matrix is all wisdom and leadership.

But I'm not overly fond of the concept, truth be told. Too much a deus ex machina / overwrought macguffin.

7. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

Transformers Energon toyed with the idea of the Megatron Sword for a brief time as a symbol of leadership (then it got abandoned by the wayside just as quick even if the sword continued to be used).

8. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

decetepicons martix with past anicent decetiopocons leaders

9. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They do have one. Its laserbeak

10. Phantom6

Phantom6 Well-Known Member

Exactly. If you want to be the leader of the decepticons just have Lazerbeak perch on your shoulder like everyone else.

11. gokuz23

gokuz23 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Matrix of Leadership

The Death Matrix

The Matrix of Dictatorship- My Own "Evil" Version of the Matrix

12. Anthony _aggro

Anthony _aggro Platypus Prime

Ebay:
    Although the Matrix is written as Autobot specific in most of the continuities, it is not. In Marvel Geewun, it chose Thunderwing as a bearer and it worked with him, while in the cartoon, it royally screwed up Scourge.