Decepticon Loyalty

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by megapork, Aug 22, 2011.

1. megapork

megapork Cheese

Why exactly are Decepticon troopers and Slaves loyal to the decepticon cause?

Is it because they fear megatron? Or because they have suffered so much under autobots before the war that they have grown to hate them so much that they will give their life for the decepticon cause?

I Really Dont Get it. Just Why. They been freed of autobot oppression why risk their life for a guy who clearly has more than couple screws loose.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would say it's a mix of both loyalty for the ancient cause, fear of Megatron for some and the fact that it's their best chance of survival.

The Decepticons have much more Energon and resources than the Autobots, I wouldn't be surprised if some troops stayed simply for the fact that it boosts their survival chances.

3. megapork

megapork Cheese

It could be.... This seems the the mthe most likely answer.

4. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    If history shows us anything it's that it isn't hard to find someone to man the guns in an evil endeavor as long as that side can keep them armed and well fed.

5. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

What Deceptijohn said. Also, the generic Decepticon troopers could genuinely believe in what Megatron is trying to do. For all we know, those guys are the fanatics who stayed under Megatron while everyone else split when Cybertron went dark.

6. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Decepticons loyal? In TFP? I haven't seen any.

Yeah, Soundwave maybe, but even he isn't shown to be loyal to Megs as much just not loyal to Screamer. Outside of mindless drones, every Con is working his own agenda.

No one is loyal to Megatron's cause because he doesn't have one other than just being cuckoo bananas for the heck of it.

It really makes me miss Lugnut. Now that guy was loyal!

7. Cevel

Cevel Well-Known Member

"Mindless drones"? Can you really still call them that when they've spoken with distinctly different voices, questioned Starscream's leadership skills (Masters and Students) and voted to have an expert brought in to treat Megatron while he was in his coma (Deus Ex Machina)?

And what about Breakdown? He's been incredibly loyal to Megatron and feels absolutely ashamed that he was kidnapped by humans and has fallen out of favour with him. He tried to make it up to him in Metal Attraction, even.

8. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah the soldiers are certainly not mindless at all. In fact they have more life than actual human soldiers you see in cartoons sometimes.

Also, Soundwave, Skyquake and Breakdown all seem to be loyal. Seemed I mean, since Skyquake is blergh dead.

9. Idon

Idon Well-Known Member

Durning the Civil war whenever Megatron conquered a part of Cybertron he gave the citizens a choice, join the cause or die.
    The standard Decepticon grunt is nothing more then a Cybertroinian who while trying to save his own hide became corrupted to any way of life other then the deception and survival of the fittest Con way.
    Some of them were rotten to the core even before the war and are now just enjoying more freedom and the ability to raise up in ranks as opposed to the caste system.
    And then there are the guys who are just nuts or programmed to be loyal.

This is going by WFC/Exodus since Prime isn't far off character wise, regardless of the origin stories that might differ in Prime.

As to why they don't try to take the leader position for themselves, fear, as non of them could take Megatron alone and if they attempted to make a rebellion Soundwave would know and inform Megatron.

10. IceMagnus

IceMagnus I like it loud!

News Credits:
    I'm going to start calling Transformers: Prime Megatron, Galvatron with the way he's going with the insanity.

11. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

There are 5 remaining Autobots, and 200 remaining Decepticons.

Why the f*&k would the remaining Decepticons want to change sides?

12. IceMagnus

IceMagnus I like it loud!

News Credits:
    *Shrugs shoulders*

13. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Because over the course of this series those five Autobots have taken down over 200 Decepticons.

14. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

Meh. They have the numbers AND the resources on their side. Patience is their ally.

15. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Actualy we have many instances of Vehicons that get back up after the fight, so I don't think the Autobots really killed every single one they fought. Certainly not the ones that just fell from shots that weren't even ploint blank.

16. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I think the person who made the list(forget their name) only counted Cons that were destroyed or weren't seen fleeing after the fight.

17. LesterX

LesterX Banned

This is what bugs me about the show. How did the Autobots not win the war on Cybertron with skills like that?!

18. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think you have it right on the head. That and, since this follows WFC and Exodus, they prefer the Decepticons to a return of the caste system.

19. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    This bugs you? That's par for the course in these kinds of shows. If you want a real explanation it could be that not all of the Autobots are that badass. The lesser ones died in the fighting and the ones badass enough to survive against the Cons superior numbers got too split up over time.

20. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Really? I'd say they stand a better chance with the Autobots. Starscream and Megatron treat them like cannon fodder (which they are, but still) they're more likely to die at the hands of one of them than at the hands of an Autobot.