2D Artwork: decepticon logos for your use (warning large images)

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by kjeevahh, Jan 20, 2007.

1. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    here you go, these were done as a request for iDarkDesign but i figured someone else might find a use for them so here goes -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    WOW! these really are amazing!! Thanks a lot!!!

iDD

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Sweet. Nice work there. I'm going to be putting this on a t-shirt. Peace out.

4. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    I was thinking maybe you could work out a deal with Delta Star from reprolabels so he could use this for an emblem sheet or something. Would rock to have a sheet of those.

iDD

5. C. Wallace

C. Wallace Freelance Artist

iDD, considering the PM exchange we had this morning, I find this all very interesting.

First you ask me for pics of the shield I made, so I send you the pic below. Then you ask if offer these, I respond along with the ordering details.

Then you suddenly say you don't need it because you had someone make you one and you can print your own.

And now, after all this, I find this thread where you now have the nerve to suggest striking a deal with a third party, when you know full well I already have art files done for this and offer decals.

So I ask this question, did you wake up this morning with the intent to try and screw me?, Or did you at least have your coffee first?

Unbelievably bad form

[​IMG]

6. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    come on where's the love!

dont worry noones trying to rip you off charlie wallace, i did it for goodwill, and have contacted reprolabels offering them the EPS files for free too, no money has changed hands. at the end of the day, if one person tries to charge you for something, and another person offers you the same thing for free, you are gonna take the free option. i only charge for work i do from 9-5, transformers is for fun :) 

7. C. Wallace

C. Wallace Freelance Artist

kjeevahh,

Maybe it's because you were not privy to the way this went down. But from my point of view iDD's actions are extremely suspicious.

What's even more curious is that the artwork you posted contains certain "tells" that would only be there if you referenced the low resolution photo of my shield instead of the actual shield from the side of the Saleen Mustang.

Say what you want to attempt to diffuse the situation, but the timeline on what has transpired here makes things supremely obvious to me. Your transparency on the matter is crystal clear as well. I find it extremely disrespectful that anyone here would walk all over someone elses hard work like this, then on top of it, twist the events so it appears I am the bad guy, all because your doing this as "goodwill" Yeah sure, whatever let you sleep at night.

I took the time and effort to make VERY accurate versions of this decal, and have them printed on water resistant vinyl, and ship them via priority mail all for $10. But I guess despite my efforts that price was still too high for some so they find ways around it, by using "goodwill" as an excuse.

For the record, I have ZERO problem with this being posted as a free download, however, I take massive issue with the way in which it was done. I especially like the part where you twist the knife to let me know your sending your file to Reprolabels. For the record Reprolabels has my art too.

As I said earlier, supremely bad form

8. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    Dear mr. Wallace,

I have been looking for the decepticon police shield for some months now. And through a google I found your offer for the badge. I then pmd you for it. I and Kjeevah have in no way used the pic you sent me via PM.

and seeing the times: I posted an illustrator request in the thread here @ 01:15 AM. Then the user Kveejah aggreed to throw me an illustrator file @ 11:31 AM. I got your pic @ 12:17 PM. By 12:32 PM Kveejah allready had a WIP pic up. In no way he could have thrown that together in 15 minutes.

Then I did not and have not PM'd the picture you sent me to the user Kveejah.

For the rest I have no use for a $10,- vinyll sticker. I needed the .eps file so I can go to a printers and have one printed on magnetic foil about 60x60 as I explained in another topic.

I feel really offended bye the way you think and think about me. If you ask around the fandom there's enough people who can vouch for me that I'm not that kind of guy.

Feel free to hate me, that's just your loss. I'm really thankfull for Kveejah's work and effort and I think it's really cool that he offers these hard to come by .eps files for free to the fandom. If he can make any money of it via reprolabels I hope he will. The quality reprolabels offers is supurb and they know exacly what sizes the con symbols should be.

If you still think I screwed you over. Be ignorant like that. I'm going to enjoy my free .eps file and give a lot of credit to Kveejah's super illustrator work.

iDD

9. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Guys take this to PM or some sort of private communication. Don't drag it out in public via this thread please.

10. Jizz

Jizz Active Member

C. Wallace, actually, there are a number of guys on this board (myself included) who are good with graphics, or in this case, Illustrator.

Maybe, if you guys like, you can post the image you sent to iDarkDesign, and kjeevahh can post his refernence art and images of the final design (which look great by the way!!) and we can have a look.

Don't post the "tell's" right away however, let us examine the art. I do beleive that is is possible to kjeevahh to make the art look close to yours without actually seeing yours (after all, you are both going after the same Barracade logo), but any odd descrepancies can be picked up by an discerning eye.

Just a suggestion.

11. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    Jizz, Here's the thread where I request the vector art: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=120690
    The image I used is the only image I had at that moment and which I sent Kveejah. We discussed it not being great for tracing because it was skewed a little. It took him a bit longer because he made it from scratch without it being skewed.

The picture C.wallace sent me is the same he used in the post above. I requested a pic via PM and he had sent it to me via PM. I did not forward it to Kveejah. At the time I wasn't sure of the quality Kveejah was going to produce so I was inquiring with some more users. (I actually got another very nice fan who sent me another .eps file).

That's my side of the story. Thanks for the interest and a very very big thank you to the members who contributed their art !

iDD

12. Jizz

Jizz Active Member

kjeevahh sent me his final artworks so I may as well compare what we have. it looks like...yes, the paths (vector talk) kjeevahh uses are not based on c.wallaces.

13. Jizz

Jizz Active Member

Hi,

I just compared the two renditions of the logo with the original one posted in iDarkdesigns thread and I have concluded that kjeevahh's version is not an exact copy of c.Wallace's. There are certain key things that I spotted when comparing them. Take from that what you will.

I will say that c.wallace's version is the most accurate of the two, but both are fine jobs.

(the first is c.wallace's. the second is kjeevahh's. the third is the original from iDarkdesign)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just my one and half cents.

Ronald

14. Optimus Prime Super Mode

Optimus Prime Super Mode Autobots

I never really share my work anymore as this kind of thing has happened to me before. I only send my work which has my name and copyright logo to printing companies for retail. Maybe you should be more careful, however I can immediately tell that they aren’t the same but I may be wrong.

Nice work to the both of you though :) .

15. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    shitson, im totally going to put one of those on a black teeshirt.

16. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Yeah, the one that Kjeevahh made has a lot of guesswork in it. For instance, on his it looks like the text in the background says something like PACISQUOD AICE ONIA. When I made that logo, I researched and found that it says PACIS QUOD ALCEDONIA, which is Latin, and I was sure to include the correct phrase in my graphic.

17. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    <....>

18. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Oh, no worries mate, I'm just more anal than the average graphics designer when it comes to stuff like that. Your graphic looks very very good. Mine would have taken me 15 minutes as well, but in actuality it took almost three times that because I didn't use an existing font for the letters, I drew them with the pen tool for better accuracy. Same thing with the "to punish and enslave..." graphic I did.

19. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    same.. i found one that was as close as possible then edited it.. just noticed the 6 in 1865 is still off but well noone gonna know unless its side to side with the real thing