Decepticon Justice Division Roster Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by ORIO, Jun 15, 2012.

1. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With only a couple of issue until we learn who comprises the Decepticon Justice Division, I thought it would be fun to speculate on what Decepticons could fit the bill of the harshest Decepticons ever. Not to mention, Decepticons that haven't recieved much story play from IDW.

I personally think the leader, who is addicted to transformation cogs, is going to be an original character. But the rest? I'd like to see maybe Fangry. Or perhaps, the Headmaster Horrorcons.

thoughts?

2. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Carnivac and Weirdwolf - Given the DJD's reputation as hunters, I'd think it apt if they had a bunch of trackers, with alt modes to match. Would be nice to see a big name Decepticon commander as the leader, I'd say Deathsaurus, but given his rep, probably doesn't fit too well. One of the Euro-leaders would have been nice but a bunch of them were killed off already.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I was thinking about this the other day, and happened to look at one of my Botcon purchases at the same time.

How about the G2 European characters, the Stormtroopers? They've never had any characterisation beyond packaging bios, so they can be used just about any way. Cool names on them too - Rage, Hydradread (Dread for short I decided), Aquablast and Drench.

Rage - delights in making chaos wherever he can, leads through fear, notably for his cruelty. Fits the bill IMO
    Hydradread - Scientist who horrifies his fellow Decepticons with cruel and unusual battle tactics. Red rust plague?
    Drench - Group tactician, all around nasty piece of work.
    Aquablast - he's their engineer with a bloodthirsty streak. Sounds like he'd delight in executing traitors.

Granted, maybe I'm aiming too much at the obscure, but that's because I really, really would like to see these four get some kind of love in media at some point. It's possible, James Roberts and Nick Roche pulled a bunch of guys from this era for Last Stand of the Wreckers (including Overlord, since he got a limited release at that time in the European / Canadian markets).

Mostly they just seem like a cool unit and their notably blank / nondescript faces seem to match up with the bit of preview art that we have seen.

4. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Injector.

What? A guy with super-poison would totally be helpful for the Decepticon KGB.

5. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fangry works with that too. That idea sounds like the Decepticon version of X-Force.

6. MechaV

MechaV Not as bad as you think.

News Credits:
    Lockdown.

I mean, he's a bounty hunter, and he's the one Megatron sent to bring in Drift when he defected.

7. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe they'll expand the universe a bit more and include Lugnut? He is a Megatron loyalist, but I don't see him having the sadistic nature necessary to be their leader. I liked the idea of the Horrorcons being a part of the DJD tho.

8. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Garboil and/or Howlback seem like obvious choices.

9. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think Drench is dead already. Or was that Deluge? (/honestly doesn't know)

I advocate bringing Lugnut and Lockdown into bigger roles as well.

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

I think Lugnut could work in a management or "heavy hitter" role in the DJD. Provided the personality is the same as both the Animated and RtS incarnations, he's one of the most loyal to Megatron and suitable for keeping the more rebellious elements of the DJD in line. He also does have an assload of missiles and the legendary P.O.K.E., so sending him in to deal with more extreme problems for the DJD is also a possibility. Maybe he works in interrogation, since he's one guy you do NOT want to be uncooperative with.

Lockdown...I can see him being a contract hitman, but beyond that he's never really been a part of the Decepticons. He just works for them more often than not since they pay better and aren't against his "trophy gathering"/ part harvesting and subsequent body augmentation.

Also, let's not forget about Agent 113, the Autobot mole in the DJD. I think common perception is that he's Punch in his Counterpunch disguise, since we haven't really seen either of his two personalities at all so far.

11. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    I'd love to see Punch/Counterpunch in the IDW-verse. The character has loads of potential as a double agent/super spy. If anyone could make him even more compelling it'd be Roberts! Hopefully he's the mole.

12. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ooooh.. Yes. Lugnut. He appeared in the last issue of Autocracy with Hailstorm and Heavy Load. Entirely possible

13. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Lockdown seems like an obvious choice. Especially because he already has a history with Drift.

I hope that Spinister is in there, too. He'd fit in well.

14. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Hoping for Lugnut and Lockdown.

Would love to see someone like BW Dinobot though, to be honest. As realistically, look at it this way - he'd be the guy who would want to hunt down and execute traitors as a matter of honor. He despises cowardice and retreat, so he'd be perfect for hunting down the kinds of traitors (deserters and the like) the DJD goes after.

It gives the DJD a "grey" character in that he's not necessarily evil, and may have conflicting motivations, but is bound by his own sense of duty and honor to serve Megatron. Having someone who isn't a zealot also allows makes sense, as he's more likely to be creative in apprehending traitors. (Plus, if he were to turn traitor, he'd have to face his own heavily-armed comrades down.)

15. TF14

TF14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that would be cool but I highly doubt we'll be seeing any BW characters in IDW's nonBW comic books

16. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You're more or less right on both counts, since both have been used. Drench was killed in the Drift mini. Deluge was used and was thought to have died with Dirge during All Hail Megatron...until Dirge reappeared recently so I guess Deluge is back on the table.

I know Black Shadow was brought up once or twice as a candidate to lead the DJD since we haven't seen him since that brief flashback appearance in LSotW...what about Deathsaurus/Deszaras? I don't think IDW's used him yet at all.

Buster & Hydra would be interesting to see too.

17. Autobot Burnout

He did? This is news to me, I must investigate...

EDIT: Holy HELL! How the *bleep* did I miss that!? This pleases me greatly. Especially with Hailstorm now being able to qualify for my Classics Decepticons, as I need more in that fold who aren't some kind of flying vehicle.

Considering we got SKY BYTE, a freaking RID character, plugged into the IDW G1 verse, I wouldn't rule out any BW characters. Plus, a non-beast mode version of Dinobot does exist in the form of the Longrack retool used for the "Dawn of Future's Past" Botcon set.

18. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ I think if they did use an actual Beast it would be an "early" version of the character. Most Transformers continuities tread lightly around actually contradicting Beast Wars.

I'm...glad I wasn't the only one who geeked out and did that...Hailstorm looks very movieverse but you know what? What the hell.

Either Deluge is dead or Dirge just has reason to think he is. I think being a non-flier kinda sucks when you've got the Swarm on your heels...

19. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I was doing some poking around and realized something...this probably won't happen due to them being simple redecos of highly popular characters, but the Cobalt Sentries, Garboil and Howlback, are actually listed in their bios as members of the "Decepticon Secret Police!" Obvious picks, no?

20. Autobot Burnout

Well, I stuck HFTD Breacher in my Classics Autobot lineup simply because his partner Seaspray was already there, and Breacher looks a fair bit in the movie style beyond the face. If Breacher gets to be Classics on nothing but simply being an accessory partner to another figure, then I see no reason to deny that classification to Hailstorm when he has an IDW G1 appearance next to RtS Lugnut, who I classify as one of my best Classics Decepticons.

With Eject being on the Lost Light and operating independently of Blaster, having some Decepticon cassette tapes have the same going for them and away from Soundwave seems like a good idea.