Heavy/Scratch: Decepticon Imperial Commander

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by maximus_primal, Sep 7, 2010.

1. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

This is a work in progress that I started planning over a year ago. Originally I was just going to repaint Bruticus into my Imperial warrior colors, glad I didn't because a couple of months ago I had a great idea to turn him into my Decepticon Imperial Commander, but he need modifications to make him stand out from Cyb. Scourge on my shelf besides different colors. I got to looking at other transformer dragons in my collection and saw my BW TM2 Megatron and got to thinking that there sizes are very close to each other. So I did some photoshopping to see what I could come up with. I liked it a lot, so I hunted down that mold and found a KO on ebay really cheap and started ripping it apart and modifying Bruticus to take the new parts. Here are the completed modifications. I have a little more sanding and such before I take it apart and paint it. A story will be posted when he is finished revealing his name.

Now for the modifications. I took the wings off of the KO BW TM2 Megatron and built up the back to they could be mounted to it. I made sure during the process that the wings would still work when you pulled on the tab. So the wings can be displayed open or retracted.

Next I felt he really needed a gun of some sort not just an axe (lame for this type of character). So I was looking at the left over parts plus anything else I could find. I noticed that the tail from Megatron positioned a certain way could resemble a cannon. So I modified Bruticus's tail and replaced it with Megatron's tail. I then made a hole in the shoulder so this could be mounted on it or it could be a hand held gun also.

I still would like to replace or modify his head but I haven't came across anything that looks good on it yet. I am also looking for a sword for him.

Questions and comments are very welcomed.

UPDATE:

Well I got him finished and painted. I think he really turned out awesome. Even added a sword to him. This is the story behind him.

The war machine project (which became the imperial warriors) Galvatron had ordered Shockwave to do was going well (other Imperial Warriors either done or in progress) but they still could not defeat Grimlock and his Dinobots. So he ordered Shockwave to find a way to defeat them. So Shockwave started researching everything he could find on the Dinobots and applied it to the war machine platform. The result was a giant wing dragon. This new warrior refused to take a name for sometime. This new warrior commenced studying and training. He is highly intelligent and extremely strong. Through his studies of Decepticon history he learned of several Decepticon generals and of the great leader Megatron. One general in particular caught his attention, Gen. Magma. So he decided to fashion his name after him and Megatron and announced his name several months after his creation as Magmatron and took command of the Imperial Warriors, the elite soldiers and bodyguards of Galvatron replacing the Sweeps. His first combat mission could not have gone better. He devastated Grimlock. The rest of the Dinobots engaged him to save Grimlock. They got Grimlock out but they all took extensive damage. Magmatron is constantly observing the command of the Decepticons, Galvatron's insanity, and biding his time to take over. He is secretly forming his own leadership team. He has already recruited Deathsaurus into his ranks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  2. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

You should paint him! Neato ideas though.

3. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

Wow that looks great.

4. Insecticon

Insecticon I am a Transformers

Ebay:
    That looks awesome! Great use with those KO Megatron wings. They look perfect on him!

5. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

Great idea and execution. The wings and tail look like they belong.

The tail-gun also gives me a Beast Wars Megatron vibe.

6. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

Thanks for the comments! I can't wait to get it painted. I hope he turns out to be one bad @$$ looking Decepticon.

7. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

Finally finished him!!!

8. t.for.transform

t.for.transform Well-Known Member

NICE!!! I really like this, especially the wings. Have you tried photoshopping a BW Megatron head, not the BW TM2 but a regular BW Megatron head. IMO I think that would look great. Good job on it though really, it's creative. Bravo!!!

9. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    oooooh, he looks evil!

10. Destructicon 1

Destructicon 1 Original Gestalt

Wow that looks great! I really like the background story also.

11. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

I would NOT want to cross his path. Talk about 'evil' He well and truly has the look. Brilliant unique take on Magmatron.

12. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    jesus-christ-on-a-pogo-stick... DAMN!!!!

13. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

Thanks, that was what I was going for!

Thanks.

Thanks, I was hoping his evil would come through this well!

Thanks, I really worked hard on it.

14. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

This looks amazing painted! Great job on executing this custom, a great custom without paint translated into an excellent one with paint.

15. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    That is righteous. Now I wanna do that, I love dragon TFs. Hmmm name is a nice nod to Magmatron but for some reason he just screams Dreadnought to me.

16. ARCTrooperAlpha

ARCTrooperAlpha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Neat !!!!

17. ironjazz

ironjazz Tie Fighter pilot

News Credits:
    awesome

18. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

I love dragons and this looks bad ass. Great use of the KO parts.