2D Artwork: Decepticon Hazard (original character)

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by tehCal, Jun 29, 2009.

1. tehCal

tehCal wherever you are i am not

Hi guys,

I was going to draw this dude on paper, but I just don't have the art skills I used to, so I gave it a bash on MS Paint and here's the turnout.

He's basically a brawn-not-brains type, continuing the theme of movieverse Brawl and Long Haul. The face design was based on the trend of Constructicon faces, with elements (namely the crown) similar to Bonecrusher. In retrospect, the transformation reminds me of Animated Bulkhead. Obviously the legs are far more complex, but I tried to transform them in a way that was unique to a tankformer and would not split the treads like Movie Brawl or look too simple like G1 Scavenger.

I'm not a graphic artist so forgive the amateur-ish bot mode, haha. But it's all transformation-accurate, and I have added in a little instructions area too. If you guys want an idea of the more detailed movie-style transformation, then:

* the missile launcher splits apart, folding to either side of the vehicle and propping it up
    * the treads flip down under the vehicle and mesh into the under-carriage, upside-down
    * the missile launcher converts to a pair of arms, with panels shifting appropriately
    * the undercarriage begins to collapse in on itself, folding the treads over double
    * the cab collapses inwards, with the doors couching around the front
    * the lamp panels on the front fold down to face each other
    * the tank treads twist halfway down, so that the front half faces forward
    * the undercarriage/treads become legs, and feet form out of the front tread wheels
    * the head emerges from the collapsed cab, and the rear of the tank folds up and forwards
    * the rear of the tank meshes into the cab and the arms bolt to the chest/shoulders
    * the cab's radio antennae slide down to the back of the shoulders, pointing out and downwards
    * the missiles slide into a wrist-cannon formation with the hand coming out of the launcher

Hope you folks like it, if so please leave a comment and vote me #1!

Note: the following image is a PNG file so has a slightly higher file size in order to maintain quality. Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

Ha ha! Neat man, good job! I did hound as a military vehicle, so it would be kinda odd to see them together?!?

3. soundwave_08

soundwave_08 The Fallen

Dude, you did that on paint? I'm impressed, looks awesome!

Liking the transformation instructions too, shows you've put the effort in. Good luck with the contest!

4. mogel94

mogel94 Well-Known Member

knowing Bays use of milatary vehicles to blow stuff up that might end up in the film but without the bot mode
    still amazing work though
    and not dissin bay either he is awesome

5. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    Awesome I like both modes!

6. tehCal

tehCal wherever you are i am not

Cheers :D 

7. Ice Winged Wolf

Ice Winged Wolf Active Member

It's okay--I'm not a graphic designer either! Love the vehicle choice, it really adds to it an atmosphere of being threatening.

8. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Er, I can't see the image. Link plz? :3

9. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    It's very cool you drew out the transformation process..it shows that you put alot of thought into it, even if you aren't able to make a 'perfect' drawing.

If you'd pass this on to a professional concept artist, like the ones who worked on the TF movies, I'm pretty sure they could render it into a robot that would easily fit in with the movie aesthetic, just by adding the correct details. Basic shape and head are really good already :) 

Not sure, but I think there's a somewhat similar generic Decepticon bot in the ROTF game, which only strentghtens my feeling that this entry could fit in just as good.

10. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Now that this is moved to the Fan Art section, please attach your images, ok?