decepticon deaths ** SPOILERS **

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by kjeevahh, Feb 13, 2007.

1. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    i've just been re-reading the feb script, and something struck me.

first time i read it i though it was ridiculous that most of the decepticons that die (ie. all of them apart from starscream) get killed by a human, not an autobot. in fact they all do, apart from barricade, whos death isn't exactly specified, but at the end starscream is stated to be the last one left, so I assume that barricade meets his end when he is last mentioned, being flipped by optimus prime into the side of a bridge together with bonecrusher

however, i've now realised that without humans being a deadly threat to them, there is no reason whatsoever for them to transform (the old 'it sure beats walking' thing hardly fits with 'robots in disguise' does it).

if the transformers were invincible to humans then surely taking earth forms would be totally pointless..

also just as an aside, my favourite bit in teh script... when ironhide wants to 'neutralise' sam's parents hahahaha

op - "NO, our mission parameters are to not harm humans"
    ih - "but it will be instant, they will feel no pain"
    op - "IRONHIDE!£%!!"

hahahaha

closely followed by sam's dog pissing on ironhide's foot

2. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    that's a really interesting point. they were probably very aware that humans have the capacity to annihilate them., despite their advanced technology. that would explain the Transforming and the surgical strikes. inconspicuously, they can do serious damage, but in the open, as is displayed in the script, they're fucked.
    and Blackout's surprise attack also counts and inconspicuous. lol

3. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Yeahh Whatt!

Organic Flesh and bone Humans 1- Giant Metal Robots with Big Effin' guns 0!

That is the dumbest thing I have heard....I didn't know that all the Decepticons bit the dust by non other than us...I'm so glad Michael Bay changed everything about the transformers. He so right...Transformers fighting one another?? nahhh...we don't wanna see that. We want to make this "REAL"...WE SURELY DON'T WANNA SEE THE AUTBOTS DEFEAT THEM...WE WANT TO SEE PUNEY FLESH BAGS BEAT ALL OF THEM. I know very well that in real life, that if something of this magnitude came to the earth, the United States in particular would not sit it out. We'd be firing rockets all over the place at these things...but come on...that doesn't make it fun to watch..or anything that anyone as a Transformers fan has been craving to see. I've always been interested in the Human side of the tv shows, like Spike and Sparkplug tagging along and later in 2005, spike being on one of the moons of cybertron while his son on earth, Daniel, spends time at Autobot city. Even the Military helping the Autobots to defeat the Decepticons...but not so much human interaction it takes away from all the great characters that the Transformers are by themselves. I dunno....maybe it's just me...but I was hoping to see AUTOBOTS fighting DECEPTICONS. Yup, seems like its just me.

4. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    not forgetting that human technology IS transformer technology, everything in the last 100 years from cars to computers came from reverse-engineering megatroncicle!

5. Poho

News Credits:
    yeah, good point. so we're fighting them with their own medicine. i hope it tastes as bad as Buckley's medicine. i want them to suffer for killing Jazz.

6. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    well, no, the fight at the start of the movie goes something like this

An entire military base of Organic Flesh and bone Humans with many many huge guns, fighter planes, tanks etc - 0. one single Giant Metal Robot with Big Effin' guns - about 1000

the autobots do fight the decepticons, in the big battle at the end where most of the decepicons die its more along the lines of autobots fending off the decepticons and damaging them and keeping them busy while the humans call in the air-strikes, and its the air-strikes that give the killing blows.

also i was lying about only barricade going down to a transformer, brawl KIND OF goes down to bumblee, but bumblbee has been blown into several pieces at the time and has to get the girl to aim for him

7. Poho

News Credits:
    snippity snap. PWNED'd

8. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Don't forget that they can only be hurt by ONE specific weapon. Hell, Scorponok survives AN A-10 WARTHOG BOMBARDMENT!

9. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Awesome...that girl is hot...She must be strong as hell too...I wonder...how much does Bumblebees arm weigh Bay??

By the way do you actually happen to have a copy of the script Kjeevah?? I've only read snipits here and there..I'd actually like to be able to sit down and read the whole thing.

10. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Well, from what Ive seen....not read, Is a battle scene between BB and barricade..I dont now if its a scene where he dies........but then again,

I havent seen anything involving him and barricade otherwise.

I now that brawl gets pwned by BB....'Luck of the draw"

But I wonder what will happen to SS????????

11. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    bumblebee does indeed whoop barricade's ass, kicks him into a pit where he gets impaled on some spikes in teh same style as arnie's 'death' at the end of running man. also in the style of that, he isnt actually dead, later in the film his eyes flicker back to life, and he pulls himself off hte spikes, and goes and sticks ffrenzy's head back on too.... only to get splatted by some prime-kung-fu soon after.

starscream flies off cowardly once he sees all the other 'cons are dead, in true starscream fashion... to live to fight another day (in the sequel when megatron comes back to life no doubt)

she's a car thief, so she hotwires a pick-up truck and winches up bumblbee's arm a bit at a time till the aim is right

theres a thread on these boards somewhere with a working link to the script in it. however bear in mind it is a year old now so it will ahve changed, and quite a few of the character names are different in it too (vortex, devastator, soundwave)

12. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Sweet appreciate it....and cool, that better explains her aiming for bumblebee.

13. Barricade

Barricade Frenzy is in my pants.

I don't understand Barricade's "death". It's almost like an offscreen death, as it just kind of happens, then he never comes back. :confused: 

14. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    well, the script says that prime crashes him and bonecrusher into the support of a bridge, so i assume the bridge falls down on top of them. bonecrusher make sit out allive, barricade doesnt... it just doesn't specifically say 'barricade dies', he just isn't mentioned after the bridge incident.. so i think its safe to say that that is when he bites it properly

15. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
  16. Poho

News Credits:
    yeah i think they just forgot about Barricade. and Poland. but seriously, he just sorta disappears.

17. CSpuppydog

CSpuppydog Well-Known Member

What about Scorpinok it never said he died either.. or it might have... did it?

It just said he went back underground!

18. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah Barricade just kinda vanishes. Hopefully it's one of the things that has been tightened up in that script.

19. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I was assuming that the weight of Bonecrusher, and a Bridge coming down on him, coupled with all Bonecrushers spikes probably going through him, (plus him being already weakened by BB earlier), would have finished Barricade off.

Who knows, perhaps Barricade and Bumblebee do have one last fight where he scraps Barricade.

Also, from the early script, Ratchet + Ironhide were absent for most of the battle, so its possible one of those two could have killed Barricade while he was down.

also, Vortex, Skorpy and Bonecrusher getting killed by Human Soldiers, weak.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    No no, like this!

PWNED!!!