Decepticon Army Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TheMixmaster, Jul 1, 2011.

1. TheMixmaster

TheMixmaster Master of Mixin

Here is your thread to comment about the huge army of decepticons that appear in ROTF and DOTM. Whether they be clones, protoforms or new designs, this is where to discuss them.

2. tpainzbro

tpainzbro Well-Known Member

Mad props to these guys getting all sorts of ****** up by 20-30 soldiers and 9 autobots 2 of which were the size of their feet. Of course it doesn't help you Leader was sitting on a street corner doped out of his mind.

3. TheMixmaster

Yeah, blinded by a parachute.

4. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I noticed a lot of new designs that weren't just clones or drones. The one that stood out to me the most was the weird one that walked on all fours and looked like an artillery piece with poles for front legs.

5. erjaho0614

erjaho0614 Autbot/Maximal

Decepticon Army: "Getting Our *sses Kicked by Humans with Peashooters since 2007"

6. TheMixmaster

Yes, I noticed a few new designs. The Long-Haul lookalike, with 2 huge piston arms that walked on all fours, I found quite interesting, and I would like to see a toy of it. Also, I noticed a light maroon decepticon with 2 guns sticking out of it's stomach, like Warpath. It also had these long, wierd arms. I only saw it for like 5 seconds, before Bumblebee took out the last pillar. It bears a small resemblance to Overload in my opinion.

7. TheMixmaster

And parachutes. :rip 

8. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

you remember that part in the end battle of part 2 when you see these huge dark muscular robots charging up their guns and stalkin into the town ? I always liked that part.
    The Dreads as Ive heard them called , they were awesome.
    The Pretender bitch was awesome and hot. lol
    The bulbous airships in 3 are awesome, reminds me of War of the Worlds Orson welles etc

And not sure if it counts but the Fallens headquarters is also one of my favorite scenes

9. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I don't see any of them as clones or drones at all. I see the protoforms as the foot soldiers of the decepticon army while model reuses are just two transformers with the same or similar body-type. It's really just like the seekers or bumblebee/cliffjumper,blackout/grindor. There were also guys like the garbage truck con from dotm or sideways from rotf and his twin brother,backwind from dotm who are similar but not identicle to long haul and barricade. So in short,the decepticon army is cool :) . Oh and the cloverfield con was awesome.

10. TheMixmaster

I'm not sure of the scene you're referring to. Is it the one where Sam and Mikaela are in the building, and Sam pokes a hole into the wall?

11. TheMixmaster

I see what you mean, but by clones I mean models that are the exact same as a previous from a previous movie. Characters like the clone Bonecrusher, who has the exact same Alt-mode as the original, or Scrapper from ROTF, used in DOTM. The reason is because it would be very difficult to design a different Decepticon for each one seen in the movie. That's why we get reused characters, like Long Haul, Sideways, . However, there are some clones that are slightly edited, which is more original. Such as the Garbage Truck Long Haul, which I believe had a Turret above his head. Or the brown Brawl, which is seen in the trailer.

12. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess there is still Decepticons around the world. They were based all around to fire up Sentinel space bridge.

13. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Not every single body type reuse is gonna be colored differently.Plus the "bonecrusher" from rotf didn't have the red eyes of the real bonecrusher

14. Tampalicious

Its definitely around that part, I remember a whole bunch of cons approaching in the sand. I believe its when Eps is like "Oh we about to get our asses KICKED"

15. TheMixmaster

Ah, I remember now, and I believe it was "whupped".

16. TheMixmaster

I never said they were all colored differently, they could be, or changed slightly. And if the ROTF version didn't have red eyes, then so what? They changed the color of the eyes? Not much of a big difference.

17. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    I liked that huge one that looked like he turned into one of those huge cranes you get in construction sites (we saw him at least twice)

and seeing Long Haul and Scrapper's cousins (I call them Big Dump and Scrappy respectively) was fun as well :D 

18. TheMixmaster

Does that happen to be the so called "Cloverfield" bot?

19. Tampalicious

yup, youre right! I always misquote things never fails

20. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

It might not be big,but it's something